Author Topic: How You Doing In 2008  (Read 150268 times)

Offline VMS Motorsports

• Global Moderator
    • VMSmotorsports.com
Re: How You Doing In 2008
« Reply #285 on: August 18, 2008, 01:22:26 pm »
I dont think he did ... he was shooting the front of the pack, and by the time he realized what was going on, he said he might have gotten the end of it, but he doesnt know. He said he'd post whatever he got on the website... Got a video from Gregs wife that shows it all, its from the front stretch grandstands though, so theres not alot of detail. Jimbo hasnt checked his vidoes yet, he's going to let me know later today. DJ's video would have been great but the flagman was between me and the camera...and Eric thinks he's got most of it since he was just in front of me...I'll hopefully have something postable soon!
JIM BUCHER
VMS Motorsports
Worldwide Legends Parts Supplier
(262)255-7100
http://www.vmsmotorsports.com/

Offline Bando 9

• Go big or go home
« Reply #286 on: August 18, 2008, 01:56:45 pm »
I won my 2 feachers and 2 heats.

Chance
Try your best at the track or dont come !

Offline VMS Motorsports

• Global Moderator
    • VMSmotorsports.com
« Reply #287 on: August 18, 2008, 07:28:51 pm »
Here is a link to Our Series Page and the pictures the photographer got at the end of the wreck. Talked to the #96 today and he said his wife got it all on video, so he's transferring it to DVD for me and sending it down...will post when I have it

http://www.legendsracing.com/

http://www.legendsracing.com/Results/2008/08%20Aug/08-15-08/photos_from_chilton_08-15-08.htm
JIM BUCHER
VMS Motorsports
(262)255-7100

Offline djracing

• Global Moderator
    • DJ Ross Racing
« Reply #288 on: August 19, 2008, 12:02:21 am »
Got 8th in Chilton, could have been 7th if it weren't for the #37 getting me outta turn 4 last lap. And 14th on Saturday, fighting a tight race car which was brought on by me screwing up on the stagger that I wanted.

On Friday as you saw in the video I sent you Jim, the #48 almost caused a big one off turn 4, I think he got part of Grant at least. Then off turn 2, I'm already three-quarters way past him on the straightaway and he slams my LR.... darts to the infield and that's what I think caused it. That part you can see in the video, because when he hit me it pulled me left.

Those pictures are wild.

Offline justfreaky

• Global Moderator
« Reply #289 on: August 20, 2008, 08:07:12 pm »
Found myself on the unemployment line this afternoon. I've got some prospects though. Unfortunately, all projects are on hold.

Steve
Better to be hated for who you are, Than to be loved for who you are not.

Offline elimn8u_43

« Reply #290 on: August 20, 2008, 08:51:19 pm »
Found myself on the unemployment line this afternoon. I've got some prospects though. Unfortunately, all projects are on hold.

Steve

Been there myself Steve as you well know. Things will work out in the end.

Geoff

Offline JGRacing

« Reply #291 on: August 21, 2008, 11:06:57 am »
Chance,
Congratulations on the wins. 

Offline VMS Motorsports

• Global Moderator
    • VMSmotorsports.com
« Reply #292 on: August 21, 2008, 11:28:47 am »
Chance...great Job last weekend! Keep it up

Steve...can you get some type of temporary disability since they cost you a finger???? DONT GO INTO REAL ESTATE...ITS WORSE THAN UNEMPLOYMENT!!!  :'(

JIM BUCHER
VMS Motorsports
(262)255-7100

Offline Racinjj

• Steenbergen Motorsports
« Reply #293 on: August 21, 2008, 11:41:00 am »
I believe Steves finger issue was at home not on the job, unfortunately.

Thats why I made my wife get out of real estate, she got out right before it fell off.
www.JeffSteenbergen.com

Racecar spelled backwards is racecar. Racecar upside down is expensive.

Offline Openwheeler37

• Grant Greenfield Racing
« Reply #294 on: August 21, 2008, 12:17:44 pm »
JUST BE HAPPY YOUR WIFE DOESN'T DO HAIR FOR A LINING....ITS A GOOD $13,000 A YEAR SALARY! :o
Racing is a matter of spirit not strength

www.greenfieldracing37.piczo.com

You see that?....That just happened!

Offline thunder938

« Reply #295 on: August 21, 2008, 12:22:00 pm »
I dont want to hear that, my wife does not work and we have a 10 month old$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
Dave

Offline VMS Motorsports

• Global Moderator
    • VMSmotorsports.com
« Reply #296 on: August 21, 2008, 12:31:49 pm »
I would happily take a $13,000 year salary right now...just sold my first house since the beginning of June...cant start rebuilding with this kind of income!!!  ::)
JIM BUCHER
VMS Motorsports
(262)255-7100

Offline justfreaky

• Global Moderator
« Reply #297 on: August 21, 2008, 07:18:04 pm »
Chance,
 Sorry! Forgot to congratulate you on your wins!
At this rate, you are going to have build a bigger trophy cabinet.  ;) ;D

Steve

For those that don't know yet, I cut the end of my left index finger off. Wish I had a fantastic story for you.... Like fighting off a grizzly bear, or I poked a mountain lion in the nose.... No Such Luck! Mine is a story of Real Stupidity!!!
I was having some kind of problem with my scooter; grinding noise. I was trying to locate the source of the noise. With the bike running, I grabbed a rag and was trying to carefully clean up some parts and the chain. Needless to say; the rag gets caught and drags my finger through the chain and sprocket. Cut it off at the beginning of the finger nail. A trip to the Emergency Room yielded one finger sewn back on.
 That was about 3 weeks ago. Even had to go to work that night and the next 2 days, before work decided that maybe I should be giving it time to heal.  :o Brilliant idea Boss!!!  ::) Took 2 weeks vacation time, then went back to work. Worked 32 hours in 3 days. Yesterday, I was asked to stop by; I thought to discuss my work schedule and an inquiery as to how my finger was healing. Instead; They fired me because they claim "I have not been doing my job properly. And they have recieved several complaints."   BULL!!!!  I have always been the guy they call when they need someone to cover a shift or work overtime! My residents love me, as well as their family members!!! I've never called in sick or missed a day of work. I guess I wasn't good employee.  ??? It will be their loss.
 The finger is healing slowly. It's got good color, and I even have a bit of feeling in the tip of it. My scooter still isn't on the road and I have no other transportation.
(Did I mention that it is a 7 mile walk to work ?) Anyway, I have some prospects for work that will be a lot closer to home. CNA's are always in demand so it shouldn't be too hard to find a job.

Take Care and Be Safe,

Steve

Offline Openwheeler37

• Grant Greenfield Racing
« Reply #298 on: August 22, 2008, 09:49:34 am »
Good to hear the finger is healing well. Good luck with the job search and next time, think about leaking thescooter work to the pro's! LOL  ;)
Racing is a matter of spirit not strength

www.greenfieldracing37.piczo.com

You see that?....That just happened!

Offline justfreaky

• Global Moderator
« Reply #299 on: August 22, 2008, 12:14:20 pm »
Sure "Jeff" (Grant),
 Now you tell me to leave it to someone who knows what they're doing!
Where were you 3 weeks ago?  :P
Should have called you first!!!  :D

Steve

anything