Author Topic: How You Doing In 2008  (Read 149627 times)

Offline justfreaky

• Global Moderator
Re: How You Doing In 2008
« Reply #300 on: August 22, 2008, 03:16:11 pm »
OK,
 Now I REALLY have to ask............................

Who is "THE MAN"???? I or II???

:P ;D

Steve
Better to be hated for who you are, Than to be loved for who you are not.

Offline djracing

• Global Moderator
    • DJ Ross Racing
« Reply #301 on: August 24, 2008, 02:38:37 pm »
Got 6th in my heat, car still too tight for a wet track. By my count only 22 cars were there but they had a B main anyway. Transferred, only ran hard the first 5 laps out of the 15 in the B main. Used the other laps to try different lines and try and figure things out. As the night goes on and the track dries out the car comes to me.

Fairly rough track for the A main, started last, stayed up high and felt like I had a fast car for once. I was around 12th when we got a yellow about 9 laps in I think. On the next restart I was on the inside and the #48 up high, and going into turn 3 the next lap I lifted early to get off the bottom and up to the middle so I could get around this guy. I knew we would run side by side for several laps if I stayed low because I couldn't drive off as well. So I let him go into turn 3 and he loses it like he usually does... I should have stayed on the bottom. So I get into his RF, I was too close to stop and couldn't miss him.  The contact bent something on his car and I only broke a bumper tab as far as I can tell which isn't bad at all. Ended up 18th because I wasn't sure if something else was bent on the car and pulled off after the wreck. The #48 stayed on the track and wrecks another car on the last lap. After the race I went and asked the #48 what happened out of turn 4 and basically he said "it wasn't his fault he spun... and he bent a steering arm because I hit him.." like it was my fault.

This is the same car that self spun in the first 3 nights that I raced. Same car that caused the mess in Chilton, and someone from another crew told me he flipped his car earlier this year also. Not sure that's true but wow, this guy wrecks a lot. I'll do my best to stay away from this guy.

Offline VMS Motorsports

• Global Moderator
    • VMSmotorsports.com
« Reply #302 on: August 24, 2008, 06:11:28 pm »
Yeah, he flipped earlier in the year...that was my first trip to the frame shop...he hit me when  I was parked in the turn after being spun and everyone managed to miss me but him..He''ll get better with more seat time, I think he's spending too much $$ on motor and not spending enough time in the car, my .02, which don't amount to much since Im not racing...  :-\
JIM BUCHER
VMS Motorsports
Worldwide Legends Parts Supplier
(262)255-7100
http://www.vmsmotorsports.com/

Offline Bando 9

• Go big or go home
« Reply #303 on: August 24, 2008, 07:07:09 pm »
I won all my heats and feacher.

Chance 8)
Try your best at the track or dont come !

Offline justfreaky

• Global Moderator
« Reply #304 on: August 24, 2008, 07:29:43 pm »
Congratulations Chance!
Your having a good season!
Keep up the good work!!!

Steve

Offline Racinjj

• Steenbergen Motorsports
« Reply #305 on: August 24, 2008, 08:23:05 pm »
I had another flat RR on the first lap of the feature.  I guess its time to get the sheet metal screws out.
I had a good run in Davenport, IA on Friday.  I won my heat with a last lap pass and started 20th in the feature and finished 3rd.  It was worth the 3.5 hour drive, Grant didnt fare so well though  :-\
www.JeffSteenbergen.com

Racecar spelled backwards is racecar. Racecar upside down is expensive.

Offline VMS Motorsports

• Global Moderator
    • VMSmotorsports.com
« Reply #306 on: August 26, 2008, 09:50:31 pm »
Finally got one of the videos to work! This one shows the end of the wreck...still working on the other one which shows it all, but further away...

http://vmsmotorsports.com/
JIM BUCHER
VMS Motorsports
Worldwide Legends Parts Supplier
(262)255-7100
http://www.vmsmotorsports.com/

Offline Racinjj

• Steenbergen Motorsports
« Reply #307 on: August 28, 2008, 02:23:44 pm »
Its been rather dead lately, whats going on?

I took my Legends car with me to practice on an asphalt track for the first time.  I left my soft dirt springs on and just put an old hard set of cut tires on.  The car was really twitchy like I thought it would be but overall it was fun.  I let my Dad and Grant take it for a spin, which Grant literaly did.  It was fun but the main goal was trying to work some bugs out of my new midget before the race on Sunday.  It started jumping out of gear after I got a brake line issue corected so it didnt go well.  I know what I have to do to fix it so hopefully my race will go well this weekend.

Hopefully the last race of the season for us at Charter Raceway goes well as I have lost way to many points over the last 3 weeks.  Grant and I both got our RR tires glued on and are ready to go.  Grant still isnt done putting his car back together though, he is making a career out of it ;D  He is taking his time making sure he gets it one right so we dont have a repeat of his Iowa situation.
www.JeffSteenbergen.com

Racecar spelled backwards is racecar. Racecar upside down is expensive.

Offline justfreaky

• Global Moderator
« Reply #308 on: August 28, 2008, 04:40:19 pm »
Hi Jeff,
 It has been quiet. 
How are things going with the midget?
It will be interesting to see what progress is made on those RR tires. Hope all goes well!

Jim,
 That is one wild ride!
Are you going to be able to salvage much of the car?
I have seen a roller or two on racingjunk. Might be an option for you.

Take Care All..............
And Be Safe!!!

Steve

Offline IraceLegends77

« Reply #309 on: August 29, 2008, 09:02:09 am »
I just picked up a new motor (Mc Bride). I have ran the same motor( Andrews)  for 5 years now and it was a little tired to say the least. I can't wait to install and see how it is going to pull. Like ole DW says " There's nothing like a car that handles down the straight a way"

Scott
Scott Wilkerson #77   Vision Graphix Racing

Offline JGRacing

« Reply #310 on: August 29, 2008, 10:10:01 am »
I'm still looking at a motorless car in my garage.  Hope to have it back soon.  I am about ready to hook a tow strap to it and to my truck and have my wife pull me around the block. 

Offline justfreaky

• Global Moderator
« Reply #311 on: August 29, 2008, 12:29:12 pm »
Well, There is a new way to get seat time!  :o
Maybe you could borrow Scott's old engine.
Any word from the shop as to what, exactly, was causing your problems?

Steve

Offline Openwheeler37

• Grant Greenfield Racing
« Reply #312 on: August 31, 2008, 05:16:39 pm »
Saturday wasnt to bad.....I came home in one piece anyays....and thats better then the past weeks. The sarted of good. I was having a good run and was staying with the lead cars. The main wasnt so nice. I started 15th and was working my way through the pack un til my car developed a push. I began to fall back from the lead pack so I tried driving harder into the corner and ended up spinning out on the last lap. After talking with some of the other drivers I guess the groove ended up moving up aon the track and my lack of experience was unable read the track. So over all, not a great night, but the car is all in one piece! Jeff on the other hand had a great night by winning the feature!!!...Show off! ;D
Racing is a matter of spirit not strength

www.greenfieldracing37.piczo.com

You see that?....That just happened!

Offline thunder938

« Reply #313 on: September 01, 2008, 08:53:39 am »
IF you can load it up at the end of the night and you had fun........its a good night!!!
Dave

Offline justfreaky

• Global Moderator
« Reply #314 on: September 01, 2008, 10:10:52 am »
Grant,

Good that you got 'er (and yourself) home in one piece. Your learning; That's what is important.

Steve