Author Topic: How You Doing In 2008  (Read 142272 times)

Online justfreaky

• Global Moderator
Re: How You Doing In 2008
« Reply #315 on: September 01, 2008, 05:17:01 pm »
I hope everyone had a good, and safe, holiday weekend!
 Mine has been pretty quiet. Cold and raining here in Montana.
My finger is healing pretty well. I have some feeling in it, so that is a plus. I go to the doctor on the 9th.
Finally get my garage tomorrow! I'm pretty excited about that!!! Just a 10 x 20, but will give me some room to work out of the weather.
Going to get busy with the job hunting tomorrow.
 Got a PM from Geoff. He just returned from a trip to Ohio to pick up another Legends Car. Hope to have pics soon.
Heard from Admin. also. Trey did not race this year. Hopes to be back next season. Looking forward to that!  Tom has been busy with a new go kart class.

Steve
Better to be hated for who you are, Than to be loved for who you are not.

Offline Racinjj

• Steenbergen Motorsports
« Reply #316 on: September 02, 2008, 07:14:58 am »
I won the feature on Saturday night at Charter Raceway Park, the final race of the season there.  The car was perfect, hooked up on the outside just riding the cushion.  It was very fun and rewarding to beat some of the best dirt Legends racers in the country and I am only the 4th different winner there this season.

Sunday I switched the car over to try out asphalt for the first time with the Legends at Grundy county speedway.  The car was loose and I couldnt get it tightened up enough and I had too hard of tires to really be a contender.  I ended up 8th in the heat race and 11th in the feature out of 13 cars.  It was fun and at least I got to race after driving 3.5 hours and having big time problems with the midget.
www.JeffSteenbergen.com

Racecar spelled backwards is racecar. Racecar upside down is expensive.

Online justfreaky

• Global Moderator
« Reply #317 on: September 02, 2008, 08:43:59 am »
Jeff,
 Congratulations on the feature win!

Steve
Better to be hated for who you are, Than to be loved for who you are not.

Offline VMS Motorsports

• Global Moderator
    • VMSmotorsports.com
« Reply #318 on: September 02, 2008, 02:27:45 pm »
Good Job Jeff "semi-pro" Steenbergen!!!  ::)  Did you get the midget straightened out? Talk to brad weber or Joel Wyttenbach, brad used to race them and I think Joel still does once in a while. Either that or try Don Gillham, he's close to the Fiscus clan, Aaron actually ran Don's backup car when we ran Sun prairie last year. Good luck in the rest of the shows! See you next year
JIM BUCHER
VMS Motorsports
Worldwide Legends Parts Supplier
(262)255-7100
http://www.vmsmotorsports.com/

Offline djracing

• Global Moderator
    • DJ Ross Racing
« Reply #319 on: September 04, 2008, 08:17:28 am »
Another 6th place in my heat and another B-main that I finished 4th in. Got 14th in the A, took me 18 laps to pass one car  ;D but I got him. Looking forward to Chilton on Friday as it might be my last race this year because I doubt I will be able to race Sunday night or the Badger Nationals work related crap. Congrats on the win Jeff.

Offline Racinjj

« Reply #320 on: September 08, 2008, 12:15:47 pm »
Friday 9-5-08 at Chilton, WI was a decent night.  I finished 2nd in my heat and 5th in the feature.  The car was fast at the begining of the feature but after a couple yellows it picked up a push and I ended up losing 4th place in the last few laps.  I checked air pressure after the feature and the LR and RF had gained 1/2lbs more than the LF and RR which would explain the push.  I have now switched to nitrogen and may adjust my tire pressure starting points if this issue continues.  Note: the track was very wet and tacky not dry slick.
I have noticed this the last couple of races that have had long cautions when they make us sit stationary on the track.  It doesnt make any sense to me why those two tires would gain more.  It may just be me but I can really feel 1/2lbs of  tire pressure change.  Earlier in the season I could change 2lbs and not feel it but now that I am really getting a feel for the car its amazing how I can feel the small changes.
www.JeffSteenbergen.com

Offline VMS Motorsports

• Global Moderator
    • VMSmotorsports.com
« Reply #321 on: September 08, 2008, 01:29:35 pm »
My thought pattern may be off, but considering the weight of the cars, size of tires, etc...a .5 pound change would be like a 20 pound spring change...I think...  ???
JIM BUCHER
VMS Motorsports
(262)255-7100

Offline djracing

• Global Moderator
    • DJ Ross Racing
« Reply #322 on: September 08, 2008, 08:49:04 pm »
Showed up a little late to Chilton, started last in my heat and finished 6th which is the sweet spot. Started first in the feature and led the first 5 laps. Sailed into turn 3 way to hard and lost the lead and got passed by a lot of cars. Finished 8th. My car got looser the longer the race went on. I almost spun into the infield out of turn 2 part way through the race. My RF went up 1.5 lbs, and the RR went up 2 lbs. Lefts went up evenly.

Offline JGRacing

« Reply #323 on: September 09, 2008, 10:53:28 am »
Here is my car without an engine.  Hope to have it back from the shop in time for some October racing. 

Offline VMS Motorsports

• Global Moderator
    • VMSmotorsports.com
« Reply #324 on: September 09, 2008, 02:08:48 pm »
October racing??? Why you #%$*$@#$%!  >:(

We don't start racing again until May...at least I'll have time to put Humpty Dumpty back together again!
JIM BUCHER
VMS Motorsports
(262)255-7100

Offline Racinjj

« Reply #325 on: September 09, 2008, 02:33:50 pm »
Their is still plenty of racing around here Jim, I am booked until mid October.

Sept. 13           Wisconsin Dells, WI
Sept. 14           Seymour, WI
Sept. 19-20   Madison, WI
Sept. 26-27  Badger Nationals New Richmond, WI
Oct. 9-11        Legends Nationals Minersville, PA
www.JeffSteenbergen.com

Offline VMS Motorsports

• Global Moderator
    • VMSmotorsports.com
« Reply #326 on: September 09, 2008, 03:02:12 pm »
You're running asphalt too? Wow, you really CAN do it all!  ;D
JIM BUCHER
VMS Motorsports
(262)255-7100

Offline JGRacing

« Reply #327 on: September 09, 2008, 03:19:21 pm »
We have 2 Friday/Saturday weekends in October and an dirt indoor 2 day show in KC in December ($1000 to win).  I was hoping to get in more racing and a few asphalt races this year, but it is what it is.   

Offline Racinjj

« Reply #328 on: September 09, 2008, 03:23:30 pm »
If I can find a road race to do I would like to do that as well.  I did give aspahlt a try a couple of weeks ago and it didnt go as well as I had hoped.  My tires were just too hard and I couldnt pass.  I am looking forward to trying it again with better tires but I want to try and save my car and $$$ for the Dirt Nationals.  Anyone know a rough pay scale for the Dirt Nationals from years past maybe?
www.JeffSteenbergen.com

Offline IraceLegends77

« Reply #329 on: September 09, 2008, 08:22:50 pm »
Jeff,

Got 6th and it payed $90. I pulled 1100 miles one way and payed $ 3.00 a gal. for gas. I did have fun though but don't think that your going to get rich.

Scott
Scott Wilkerson #77   Vision Graphix Racing

anything