Author Topic: beadlock rim  (Read 25631 times)

Offline IraceLegends77

beadlock rim
« on: February 26, 2009, 06:08:10 am »
Just found out that 600 is now going to let us have a beadlock rim (dirt only) on the right rear only. They must be buy them through your dealer and are $135.00. I talked to Darrell about this at the Nationals and I think he has heard it enough to let us have them. Great move on 600 part. They do listen................. ;)

Scott #77w

Scott Wilkerson #77   Vision Graphix Racing

Offline VMS Motorsports

• Global Moderator
    • VMSmotorsports.com
Re: beadlock rim
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2009, 07:20:53 am »
Not until I see it in writing....
JIM BUCHER
VMS Motorsports
Worldwide Legends Parts Supplier
(262)255-7100
http://www.vmsmotorsports.com/

Offline IraceLegends77

« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2009, 08:16:37 am »
Yea I haven't seen it on 600 yet either but if you go to www.centralpalegends.com it is there. I'm sure that they wouldn't put it on there if they didn't have something from 600. I guess you could call 600 direct for the info to 100% sure.

Scott

Offline VMS Motorsports

• Global Moderator
    • VMSmotorsports.com
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2009, 08:34:08 am »
I would imagine that the would have to change the rules, mandating a minimum air pressure in the right rear now, surprised they didn't do it before they printed the rulebokks, but if it's true, it's a good move for safety sake, I know I lost 3 right rears last year. any one of them could have put me on my lid
JIM BUCHER
VMS Motorsports
(262)255-7100

Offline JGRacing

« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2009, 10:34:30 am »
I wish they would have done this a little earlier.  Good rule but I have to work another $270 into the budget now. 

Offline VMS Motorsports

• Global Moderator
    • VMSmotorsports.com
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2009, 10:56:12 am »
You don't have to, Im sure they won't make it mandatory, but I still consider it a safety item...I've been asking for it for 2 years, nice to see they hear our voices...well maybe, still dont see anything official
JIM BUCHER
VMS Motorsports
(262)255-7100

Offline JGRacing

« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2009, 12:47:25 pm »
I'm OK with the change and glad they listened to the racers, but wish they gave us a little more warning.  Not having a beadlock on dirt will be a big disadvantage to people who have them and can drop that right rear tire down an extra 2 or 3 pounds.   

Offline VMS Motorsports

• Global Moderator
    • VMSmotorsports.com
« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2009, 12:49:55 pm »
Thats why Im thinking there will be a minimum air pressure rule. depending on the track, I could run as low as 10 psi on the right rear and keep it on...most of the time  ;)
JIM BUCHER
VMS Motorsports
(262)255-7100

Offline JGRacing

« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2009, 01:12:18 pm »
Just thinking out loud, but any chance of damaging these radial tires if the pressure is too low with a beadlock?  I know with bias tires and a beadlock, you can go very low and not worry about damaging the structure of the tire.  Since street radial are more sensitive to low pressure like in the Ford Explorer/Firestone episode, I wonder if there is a minimum for the BFG's before belts start to separate or anything along those lines.   

Offline IraceLegends77

« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2009, 02:36:16 pm »
I really don't think that a min. tire pressure rule is needed. I never ran below 11 pounds and never lost a tire. I think that if you get to low that the tire becomes bowed in the middle of the tread and you lose what you are trying to gain. I know that alot of the tire seperation that Firestone had was low pressure and heat. Not a lot of heat build up on  legends dirt car as a passenger car at 4000 lbs. going down the road at 80 mph.

Scott

Offline IraceLegends77

« Reply #10 on: February 26, 2009, 02:48:49 pm »
Just got off the phone with Scott R. with 600. He said it is a done deal but are still working with Bassett to get a deal done with them. You will have to buy it from 600 and there will NOT be a min. tire pressure. That is a straight from the horse's mouth as I can make it.

Scott

Offline VMS Motorsports

• Global Moderator
    • VMSmotorsports.com
« Reply #11 on: February 26, 2009, 03:31:47 pm »
Not to sound like a d!ck, but I was told from someone higher up than Scott that the dealer in Illinois was doing such a great job that we didnt need to open a dealership in Wisconsin, he could handle both states, and less than a year later there are now 2 dealers in Illinois and still nothing in Wisconsin. I don't trust anything that isn't in writing, no offense, just dont wanna pre-pay for a rim that may or may not be legal.
JIM BUCHER
VMS Motorsports
(262)255-7100

Offline Racinjj

• Steenbergen Motorsports
« Reply #12 on: February 26, 2009, 07:00:03 pm »
Wow, this will be awesome if true.  I had 3 dnf's that cost me a shot at the National championship because of tires coming off the rim with more than 11psi in them.
www.JeffSteenbergen.com

Racecar spelled backwards is racecar. Racecar upside down is expensive.

Offline VMS Motorsports

• Global Moderator
    • VMSmotorsports.com
« Reply #13 on: February 27, 2009, 11:14:53 am »
Just talked to Eric Barth (3 time Dirt Masters Nat'l points champ and head of the Wisconsin Legends Racing Dirt Series), and he confirmed that Darrell Krentz called and told him beadlocks are legal this year, Basset wheels, through the dealer network only.
JIM BUCHER
VMS Motorsports
(262)255-7100

Offline justfreaky

• Global Moderator
« Reply #14 on: February 27, 2009, 11:46:24 am »
That is Great News!
Thanks to Scott and Jim for passing that on!!!  ;)

Steve
Better to be hated for who you are, Than to be loved for who you are not.

anything