Author Topic: New Class: Modified Little Race Cars or Outlaw Dwarf Cars etc.  (Read 24830 times)

Offline 83racedad

New Class: Modified Little Race Cars or Outlaw Dwarf Cars etc.
« on: February 10, 2014, 01:20:41 pm »
Just thought any feedback? Max cc 1000- Suzuki 1000, Yamaha R1, Etc. Would you run against existing class or new class? Would you be willing add weight if allowed to run with existing class? What class name would you prefer to call it?

Offline slack11

Re: New Class: Modified Little Race Cars or Outlaw Dwarf Cars etc.
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2014, 02:12:09 pm »
What is the price tag on something like that in terms of engine... What would an R1 cost to throw into one of these?   If it were considerably cheaper, I could see this gaining steam very quickly....Throw in a easy tech program, no seals,  and you might have something...

Offline 83racedad

« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2014, 02:24:44 pm »
On line you can purchase GSXR1000 in the area of $1200-2500 depends on mileage & year, wiring harness cut $300, engine coupler $75, headers $300, engine mounts $100, misc. Under $4000.00 and last 2 years or more.

Offline Grape Competition Develop

« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2014, 05:32:38 pm »
Or a bmw s1000rr that makes another 20hp straight from the bike over the zx10 and gsxr.  The bmw engine is near $5k for a car kit.  Why anyone would want a cbr or r1 i have no clue...

Offline IraceLegends77

« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2014, 05:57:38 pm »
What would be a cheap motor grape?
Scott Wilkerson #77   Vision Graphix Racing

Offline 83racedad

« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2014, 06:14:22 pm »
The reason for a Gxsr all the engine kits are available at a lower cost & can be purchased from a number of Dwarf car suppliers.

Offline Grape Competition Develop

« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2014, 06:17:03 pm »
The bmw needs to be outlawed if controlling costs are what folks are after. Gsxr and zx10 are best bang for the buck.  R1 and cbr is 10-15hp down in standard application without spending a ton of money.

Offline 83racedad

« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2014, 06:38:02 pm »
Grape good point Go to Dwarf Car Racing under engines complete kits minus engine mounts GSXR 1000 R1 from $1300.00- $3500 again depends on mileage. Ebay prices buy it now from under $1000-$3000. Several years ago I purchased a GSXR 1000 from dealer that had one on ebay 1000 miles complete car kit for $2250.00 it was 1 year old. You still need headers engine mounts. Grape I do not know to much about the KX10.

Offline justfreaky

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2014, 07:25:33 pm »
Note that this is a Dwarf Car / Modlite post and has nothing to do with Legends Cars.
As the cars are very similar in nature and replacing the FJ/XJ are a hot topic, Take it for what it is worth.

Steve
Better to be hated for who you are, Than to be loved for who you are not.

Offline 83racedad

« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2014, 07:38:00 pm »
GOTCHA STEVE!

Offline IraceLegends77

« Reply #10 on: February 10, 2014, 07:43:54 pm »
I have to disagree Steve. It has everything to do with Legends and as a member what direction we want this's series to go. Although our input means nothing it is nice to hear member input. USLC has a water cooled engine that works but it has to much durability.  I say as long as people keep it civil let us know what motor you would like to see.
Scott Wilkerson #77   Vision Graphix Racing

Offline justfreaky

• Global Moderator
« Reply #11 on: February 10, 2014, 08:01:09 pm »
Scott,

Dwarf Cars and Modlites have similar issues as well.
Engine size and modifications are governed by several different sanctioning bodies. Just because your car is legal in your area doesn't mean it is legal in another State or even at another track in the same area. Legends Cars have the same set of rules, regardless of State or country (Yes, I said Country) you run in. We all know that there are problems with the old air cooled engines. As I have said for many years; The only way to make a difference is to talk with INEX directly.

Steve

Offline slack11

« Reply #12 on: February 10, 2014, 08:04:12 pm »
Aren't we talking about a legends car, with just a different power plant?  

Man, imagine water cooled motors lasting 2 plus years, and if you blow one up, you can buy another for 1200 to 2500 and throw it in....  How many more people would be interested in these legends..  How much easier would it be to build the class at your local track?

here's one that I know lots of people will not like....how bout a claimer rule on engines.... Say 3000.   Think you're out powered, buy it and see.  The guy who is claimed can still go out and buy another motor and probably have money to spare. ( just thinking out loud on this one) but it could be very well though out and planned if the major motivation behind the rules is not making a profit, but rather saving the racer money.  I know about zero on motor tech, but could there be a easy tech to these to keep them in check?

Are the horsepower numbers comparable to th fj?  Could they be run together with the legends now, or is there too big of a disparity?    This has got me curious.......

What about starting a second class at the local track?  The local dealers would have to love it, more cars to support.  Those that aren't interested in chasing the national points, can just race, keep a few bills in their pockets and all is well.  If you did it this way, you wouldn't have to wait on INEX, you'd just need to develop a very sound set of engine rules, and leave the rest as is.

Offline justfreaky

• Global Moderator
« Reply #13 on: February 10, 2014, 08:25:45 pm »
Legends Cars were derived from Dwarf Cars back in the beginning. Wheelbase, etc... are the same.
Engines in the Dwarf Cars have evolved to water cooled and fuel injected engines, 8 bolt and quick change rear ends, and so forth.
Some tracks and/ or clubs set their own rules. There are a couple of National sets of rules. Depending on where you race ; State to State and even track to track can differ.
Big debates on the Dwarf Car sites. Not alot different from what the engine issues are with Legends Cars. Tires are another issue with Dwarfs that vary depending on where you run. Legends Cars are similar; But the Dwarf Cars have more adjustability in suspension; Run 4 wheel disc brakes, dual master cylinders and other issues that Legends Cars don't have.

Steve

Offline Legends16

« Reply #14 on: February 11, 2014, 07:42:24 am »

I strongly believe that INEX needs to make a move to a different power plant moving forward. With prices on the rise, when does it stop? There are better engine options out there, better in every way so it would seem, initial cost, fewer rebuilds, cheaper rebuilds I would assume.

Coming from karts I’ve learned that too many classes can also be hurtful. Breaking up a small class into two groups isn’t going to help matters. Running two different power plants together can be done but it will take work, it’s not a slam dunk as far as making them competitive with one another. There will always be one engine preferred over the other when it all comes down to it. IMO I think it needs to be done though.

Not to be a buzz kill but Steve is right. INEX is not listening to this and to add they are under contract with Yamaha. We can all sit here and dream about what it could be but the ball is still in their court and they own it. Voicing your opinion to INEX is the best way about going about it, but I’m not sure it matters. Sorry If I’ve strayed away from the original topic of this post.

Eric