Author Topic: New Class: Modified Little Race Cars or Outlaw Dwarf Cars etc.  (Read 24829 times)

Offline NCSU_racer

Re: New Class: Modified Little Race Cars or Outlaw Dwarf Cars etc.
« Reply #15 on: February 11, 2014, 09:34:16 am »
Running a cheaper engine is great but there will be a tremendous cost to switch everything over. Running races where cars have different engines would defeat the purpose of a spec class. The U-Car class tries to level the engine disparity with extra weight and that is a cluster. If the engines were cheaper the car counts, in theory, would increase which is good but until the Yamaha contract is up we are all pissing into the wind. The Dwarf car deal, IMO, would suck with every track having their own variation of rules. Inex has a good thing going with governing set of rules. If we lose that then I don't think we have a good class.
Zack B.
Raleigh, NC

Offline rusty61

« Reply #16 on: February 11, 2014, 09:58:02 am »
I run both LEGENDS and DWARFS.
I do have Suzuki GSXR1000 motors in a LEGEND chassis that I run in a dwarf car series.
They run about a 1/2 second quicker on a 3/8 track (they don't have the torque out of the corner that a FJ has  but make up for it in the middle and big end).
Yes , they do fit right in with out any MODS to the frame and the total cost including the engine is about $3,000.00
I have run one in a asphalt car for three years straight without ever touching anything but changing the oil.

BUT

These are 2 different series and we go by the rules that each has, and if we don't like them, we can go elsewhere, but I can tell you from experience that each series has there pluses and minuses.
If people try and start a new series , it seems that other classes both suffer car count, even if it is a good idea.
In my opinion, the LEGEND series has been a good series that young drivers can get there feet wet for bigger and better things later and your average person can run and have fun.
I don't think the legends will change engines but maybe they will have a water cooled kit in the future.

Offline legends13

• Northeast Legends
« Reply #17 on: February 11, 2014, 10:13:32 am »
As has been said before, if you want to change LEGENDS. CALL INEX. Don't complain on an internet site and think anything will happen. Better yet, go buy some SMI stock (TRK $18.90/per share,  as of this post), and when they have a Shareholder meeting, bring it up to Bruton.
Brad Salatino
Northeast Legends - Authorized USLC Dealer

Offline slack11

« Reply #18 on: February 11, 2014, 10:55:06 am »
I do agree with Legends13, it's not worth calling INEX, as stated, we all know the answer... seems it would make more sense to start something locally, and see if it will grow.  If it does fine, if not, you've still got the current legends.  INEX/ USLC being a business would not put up too much of a fight, they will still sell cars, parts to something like this.  If they did fight it, what could they do if it were a local track and a local class.  If the powers won't listen, just do it on your own. 

Offline legends13

• Northeast Legends
« Reply #19 on: February 11, 2014, 04:27:56 pm »
I never said it isn't worth it. In fact I said the very opposite. Instead of whining about it on an internet forum, make a phone call. Buy shares in SMI and go to a shareholder meeting. do something. This is a publicly traded company and anyone with $19 can go buy a share of it.

Brad Salatino
Northeast Legends - Authorized USLC Dealer

Offline Legends57x

« Reply #20 on: February 11, 2014, 04:50:31 pm »
A cost effective dwarf car series with the $3000 water cooled engines lasting 3 yeasrs on asphalt sounds interesting to me.  Can't imagine how long same set up would last on dirt.  And I wouldn't mind getting away from fiberglass body parts as aluminum body parts last much longer, are much easier to work with, and require no painting for the most part.

Hmmmm....got me thinking....Jim and I need to start a dwarf car class.... ::)

Mark Ritger
INEX Legends #1x

Offline racerrad8

• Raduechel Performance Motorsports
« Reply #21 on: February 11, 2014, 05:00:01 pm »
This is a publicly traded company and anyone with $19 can go buy a share of it.

What, my stocks are worth less than I paid for them 20 years ago....

Oh wait, I knew that.

Randy - RPM
Randy - RPM
randy@rpmracingca.com
2010 INEX/Intercomp Raceteam of the Year.
2009 INEX National and World Champion, Thunder Roadster.

Offline riptide60

« Reply #22 on: February 11, 2014, 05:22:54 pm »
You will get no where with them on that issue they don't want to change the motors in the cars. Your best option as previously spoken is to start your own series and honestly it'd probley be a success in your area an possible catch on in other areas. There's a major window for improvement with these cars really like your idea make it happen a lot of guys are looking for a better way to race without INEX

Offline slack11

« Reply #23 on: February 11, 2014, 07:44:41 pm »
Buy shares in a company that is continually decreasing in value, and we all agree here is heading in a direction that is not great for the racers.....  So i can talk to them.... That sounds like a brilliant plan...... Just bury our heads and follow INEX blindly if they won't listen to their own clientel....another brilliant idea....

No one is whining,....  I don't want to talk to INEX because their underlying goal is to make a profit for SMI, not set up a system to help us save money.  I honestly feel my time is better spent here on this "Internet forum" where  we are talking about doing something that they are unwilling to do....look at ways to save the racers money....plain and simple..

Offline VMS Motorsports

• Global Moderator
    • VMSmotorsports.com
« Reply #24 on: February 11, 2014, 11:45:30 pm »
A cost effective dwarf car series with the $3000 water cooled engines lasting 3 yeasrs on asphalt sounds interesting to me.  Can't imagine how long same set up would last on dirt.  And I wouldn't mind getting away from fiberglass body parts as aluminum body parts last much longer, are much easier to work with, and require no painting for the most part.

Hmmmm....got me thinking....Jim and I need to start a dwarf car class.... ::)

Nope, I'm going the opposite direction next...midgets
JIM BUCHER
VMS Motorsports
Worldwide Legends Parts Supplier
(262)255-7100
http://www.vmsmotorsports.com/

Offline Legends57x

« Reply #25 on: February 12, 2014, 11:05:28 am »
 Midgets?  Now there's a division where they spend between $34,000 - $72,000 just for an engine.  I assume you're banking on winning the lottery... ;D
Mark Ritger
INEX Legends #1x

Offline s10custom

• It is what it is
« Reply #26 on: February 12, 2014, 11:55:01 am »
Splintering is not really the answer. An sanctioning body I know of refused to listen to their constituents, they walked and created several different sanction bodies. They still aren't because the one thing that the First Sanctioning body, and INEX, was have one set of rules for everyone to follow. The problem with them, as with INEX, was teching or rather the lack of. I know I like the idea that I can go anywhere in the US to race under the same rules that I race with at home, I don't have to change anything. Now, how do we get INEX to hear us? Has anyone tried to get representatives  from the different regions to band together to approach INEX with grievances/suggestions ? A competition committee per say. Just my thoughts here.

Robert

Offline VMS Motorsports

• Global Moderator
    • VMSmotorsports.com
« Reply #27 on: February 12, 2014, 12:57:57 pm »
I've recommended competition committee's, separate for dirt, asphalt, and road course. Regional directors instead of just the mothership.
Nobody listens, but that could be because it is me, the bastard child of Satan.

Splitting up works real good...anybody remember the IRL/Cart debacle?

There are 2 successful ways to go about change:
1)Work with the current powers that be, in a non-confrontational manner, as hard as it may be, or
2)Have the money, tracks, money,  leadership, money, tech training, money, and money to actually start your own national sanctioning body

Option 1 is the most realistic, unless you guys have harvested the seeds of the great and wonderful money tree.

The biggest draw for many of us is the fact that I can take my little car, hook up the trailer to my Tahoe, and race in Wisconsin, North Dakota, Texas, Iowa, Pennsylvania...anywhere, and not have to have a rule book for each and every track and $50,000 in spare parts along with me to change my car to fit the rules of that one track before I race, wreck out, and get $40.

If you guys want to actually get together, write something up, have an online petition set-up, and get that to USLC, I believe that would be your best option.

Just my opinion
JIM BUCHER
VMS Motorsports
Worldwide Legends Parts Supplier
(262)255-7100
http://www.vmsmotorsports.com/

Offline Legends16

« Reply #28 on: February 13, 2014, 07:05:34 am »
Nobody listens, but that could be because it is me, the bastard child of Satan.

Well, that would explain my ears burning when I use those earbuds you sold me. :D <jk>

Offline svtmatt

« Reply #29 on: February 13, 2014, 09:23:02 am »
INEX/USLC would be smart to form a "racers council" so to speak with car owners from various regions of the country participating.  At the very least it would be something they could point to and say "we listen to our customers/racers."   

A lack of accurate information and a plethora of mis-information has always been a problem with USLC and their national customer base, IMO.

MT
Matt Todd
Michgan Legends #8

anything