Author Topic: New Class: Modified Little Race Cars or Outlaw Dwarf Cars etc.  (Read 24829 times)

Offline Legends16

Re: New Class: Modified Little Race Cars or Outlaw Dwarf Cars etc.
« Reply #30 on: February 13, 2014, 12:15:02 pm »
INEX/USLC would be smart to form a "racers council" so to speak with car owners from various regions of the country participating.  At the very least it would be something they could point to and say "we listen to our customers/racers."   

A lack of accurate information and a plethora of mis-information has always been a problem with USLC and their national customer base, IMO.

MT

Great post! Couldn’t agree more!

Offline s10custom

• It is what it is
« Reply #31 on: February 13, 2014, 02:12:29 pm »
Now this is productive conversation. Let's put together some thoughts. If we can convince them, INEX, that we can help increase their bottom line by decreasing the prices on some things and with that increasing the car count, I cannot for the life of me see where they would not be willing to listen. How about cutting the states up into districts, just as WKA does, and have a Rep from each work together to come up with ideas, from feedback from their members, on ways to increase and maintain the car count. We also need to get the local tracks that we race at to recognize that most of the time we are the premier class running at their track and that we are the ones bringing in the money. They too can help with getting INEX to listen.

Just some thoughts, who else?

Robert

Offline VMS Motorsports

• Global Moderator
    • VMSmotorsports.com
« Reply #32 on: February 13, 2014, 03:28:58 pm »
I see and appreciate your concept Robert, but have yet to see it work.

I assume you are meaning to have an owner or driver as the rep, not someone from USLC, because they will not hire someone to do this.
Politics get in the way, and the owner driver reps get all ego driven with swollen heads full of the "power" they have benn given, then they tend to push for what they want, not the group. Then the backstabbing starts, and everyone hates everyone else.

I'd rather we all keep hating on USLC, and the group as a whole get along.

Just my opinion
JIM BUCHER
VMS Motorsports
Worldwide Legends Parts Supplier
(262)255-7100
http://www.vmsmotorsports.com/

Offline legends13

• Northeast Legends
« Reply #33 on: February 13, 2014, 04:56:45 pm »
Buy shares in a company that is continually decreasing in value, and we all agree here is heading in a direction that is not great for the racers.....  So i can talk to them.... That sounds like a brilliant plan...... Just bury our heads and follow INEX blindly if they won't listen to their own clientel....another brilliant idea....

No one is whining,....  I don't want to talk to INEX because their underlying goal is to make a profit for SMI, not set up a system to help us save money.  I honestly feel my time is better spent here on this "Internet forum" where  we are talking about doing something that they are unwilling to do....look at ways to save the racers money....plain and simple..

I highlited the important parts of what you said. You would rather get on here and TALK ABOUT DOING SOMETHING, than to actually pick up a phone, AND DO SOMETHING. How much money will you spend for a "go-fast" part? But you feel buying a $19 share of a company is not worth it? Yes, my example of buying 1 share is silly, but it is also true.

The whole point is everyone whines and complains, and nothing gets done. Just like politics today. This is an epidemic in our country. Everyone wants to get paid, but no one wants to work. CHANGE TAKES ACTION.

I'm not mad at anyone, but this topic comes up every time there is a change at USLC/INEX. Everyone get mad, spews all kinds of trash, and nothing happens. EXCEPT, something does happen. Joe Racer, who is interested in getting into Legends does a google search for Legend Cars. What do they find? They find this board, or the Yahoo group, or others, and they start reading, because they want to learn before buying a car. They read that the series is horrible, expensive, there is no tech, USLC doesn't listen, USLC doesn't care, etc.... and the new guy decides not to buy a car. Car counts go down, prices go up, and repeat.....

We all are ambassadors for a sport we love. Quit complaining  about it, and help build it!!! Word of mouth works both ways.

Oh and one more thing, 10 years ago, TRK (Speedway Motorsports) was $13.30/share. Today, they are $19.20/share. That is over 30% increase in share price for 10 years. Pretty good if you ask me. Not sure where you see that as continually decreasing value. And they pay a dividend.... https://www.google.com/finance?q=NYSE:TRK
Brad Salatino
Northeast Legends - Authorized USLC Dealer

Offline VMS Motorsports

• Global Moderator
    • VMSmotorsports.com
« Reply #34 on: February 13, 2014, 05:52:45 pm »
Very valid post Brad.

Only thing I will comment on is the stock value.
Yes, it was $13.30 at the end of 2008, but for years prior to that, it was trading in the $37-$40/share range.
That's a big drop in value over 16 months from Summer of 2007 to the winter of 2008.

Maybe that's what the long tern shareholders like Randy are referring to.
JIM BUCHER
VMS Motorsports
Worldwide Legends Parts Supplier
(262)255-7100
http://www.vmsmotorsports.com/

Offline legends13

• Northeast Legends
« Reply #35 on: February 13, 2014, 10:10:47 pm »
For sure. But almost every stock tanked in 2008. And nice thing about TRK, is they pay a dividend.
Brad Salatino
Northeast Legends - Authorized USLC Dealer

Offline slack11

« Reply #36 on: February 13, 2014, 10:33:16 pm »
Brad,

Relax, I feel as if I am at a rally reading your post......

Listen, you keep talking about doing something, that is exactly what this thread is about, How to begin to do something.... How do you think change happens?   When enough people are upset about something, then communicate, then act..... I think you are seeing the beginning of that process right now. You want me to pick up the phone and "do something"?  Isn't picking up the phone and " just talking"  to INEX about doing something the same thing that you see as so counterproductive?  Again, on this site there is an audience that wants change, has great ideas, and sees the need to move forward in a way to help the racer and this series.... That is worth talking about, and these are the people worth talking to....

I am truly sorry if a prospective racer googles "legends" and reads that I am upset that the engines cost 6300 when there are comparable options for half the cost.  At least a prospective racer will know the whole picture before jumping in.... I'm not going to lie to anyone who asks if I think the engines are getting out of hand cost wise.  I have done plenty to help promote this sport.  In three years myself and a few  others have started this class at our track, and now we have 13-15 cars on a weekly basis. I don't say that to brag, or try to take more credit than I deserve, but I do feel I am an ambassador to this sport.... But if there is something that can make it better yet, and ways to do that,we need to look at it. That is what is BEING DONE right here.....

Let's get back to the regularly scheduled program here... There are lots of good ideas and discussions here about how to fix this problem, and hopefully move in the right direction. Different engine costs, regional committies, etc.  I'm done with this section about "Whining" and DO SOMETHING......  let's just discuss what ideas will work, and what can fix this problem.