Author Topic: Dirt Nats Update Please  (Read 61577 times)

Offline VMS Motorsports

• Global Moderator
    • VMSmotorsports.com
Re: Dirt Nats Update Please
« Reply #60 on: October 15, 2013, 09:00:29 pm »
Ok, good...just wanted to clarify that one point.
Being more of a bottom feeder myself, I have had the experience of a car spinning from up top down in front me, and theres nothing you can do.
JIM BUCHER
VMS Motorsports
Worldwide Legends Parts Supplier
(262)255-7100
http://www.vmsmotorsports.com/

Gimpster

« Reply #61 on: October 15, 2013, 09:17:12 pm »
I hear ya.. I was using it for reaction time reference. You have that coupe zip tied back together yet and ready for Texas ??

~G~

Offline VMS Motorsports

• Global Moderator
    • VMSmotorsports.com
« Reply #62 on: October 15, 2013, 09:25:57 pm »
Nah, it'll probably be in the trailer til February...too much on the Honey Do list
JIM BUCHER
VMS Motorsports
(262)255-7100

Gimpster

« Reply #63 on: October 15, 2013, 09:40:47 pm »
 Same here, little short on dead presidents to make it too. Wouldn't mind winning the new Legends Car....

~Gimp~

Offline justfreaky

• Global Moderator
« Reply #64 on: October 15, 2013, 09:57:24 pm »
ENOUGH of this bitching and whining Gimpster. The people involved don't seem to be as wound up as you. Get over it! It's a done deal and too late to bitch about it now.

Steve
Better to be hated for who you are, Than to be loved for who you are not.

Offline justfreaky

• Global Moderator
« Reply #65 on: October 15, 2013, 10:04:10 pm »
There wll be no more arguements about the "big wreck". Anyone that wants to congratulate the winners, share pics or video; No problem.
Move on.

Steve
Better to be hated for who you are, Than to be loved for who you are not.

Offline Legends57x

« Reply #66 on: October 16, 2013, 06:47:40 pm »
Vern,

You mentioned you hope Dirt Nationals would not be at Beaver Dam again next year.  Any particular reason why?  How about a discussion regarding suggestions as to where to have it next year?  I am not familiar with any dirt tracks the Legends race outside of Wisconsin towards the East Coast that would be a good choice for next year. :)
Mark Ritger
INEX Legends #1x

Offline VMS Motorsports

• Global Moderator
    • VMSmotorsports.com
« Reply #67 on: October 16, 2013, 07:23:25 pm »
They've been in the Midwest 4 of the last 5 years (I consider Missouri part of the Midwest), Upper Midwest 3 years in a row.

I don't think Vern had a problem with Beaver Dam as a facility, I think that it's the general location.
Pennsylvania has the largest group of dirt Legends drivers there is, followed by North Dakota and Wisconsin.

Biggest problem, I think, is that you need to find a track operator that wants to spend the kind of money that INEX wants for the priviledge to host the Nationals.

Like I've said before, and said for years, have it in the summer when the kids are off of school, have asphalt and dirt in the same state/area the same week, and you will have better car counts and better weather. We were lucky with the weather this year, it's been in the upper 40's and raining since Sunday here. Hell, give everyone that shows up an extra 100 point win just for forking out the $125.00 to be there, plus whatever points they earn for the race, and you will easily have over 100 cars.

If they are going to continue to have it in October, car counts are going to continue to suck, no matter where it is, I just hope it's somewhere warm, and somewhere I haven't been yet.

Just my opinion of course, I don't speak for Vern, or anyone else for that matter

JIM BUCHER
VMS Motorsports
(262)255-7100

Offline IraceLegends77

« Reply #68 on: October 16, 2013, 09:48:30 pm »
One word.

ELDORA

It would be in the middle for both groups as mentioned and also one of the best dirt track around.
Scott Wilkerson #77   Vision Graphix Racing

Offline VMS Motorsports

• Global Moderator
    • VMSmotorsports.com
« Reply #69 on: October 16, 2013, 10:10:13 pm »
Eldora is too fast, will never happen
JIM BUCHER
VMS Motorsports
(262)255-7100

Offline Vern Houseman

« Reply #70 on: October 16, 2013, 10:17:38 pm »
I would like it be at Lincoln speedway in pa , or even charlotte area ?
Vernon Houseman #20

Offline Vern Houseman

« Reply #71 on: October 16, 2013, 10:23:02 pm »
I also would like to have it somewhere where we don't share the track with other devisions. Even if we would start a little earlier ,get our show in then run all the other devisions. Would make much better racing for the legends.
Vernon Houseman #20

Offline VMS Motorsports

• Global Moderator
    • VMSmotorsports.com
« Reply #72 on: October 16, 2013, 10:32:27 pm »
I agree Vern, would be great if it could be a stand alone event, but the only way they could do that would be to have asphalt, dirt, and bandos and all at the same track, like Charlotte, or another track SMI owns.
JIM BUCHER
VMS Motorsports
(262)255-7100

Offline VMS Motorsports

• Global Moderator
    • VMSmotorsports.com
« Reply #73 on: October 16, 2013, 10:42:08 pm »
A non SMI owned track needs the other divisions to cover the cost paid to USLC to have Nationals
JIM BUCHER
VMS Motorsports
(262)255-7100

Offline jmker60

« Reply #74 on: October 17, 2013, 07:12:50 am »
Unfortunately 600 Racing/INEX has again taken on the appearance to give support to those on this site who feel that the "Dirt Racers" are the "Red Headed Step-children".  600 has made no mention of the Dirt Nationals on their website as of this morning.

I had been involved with the legends since 2000 and every year it has been suggested that the Nationals be held when school is not in session. Also to centralize both asphalt and dirt events  within  a minimal time frame and close proximity so both divisions would have the opportunity to participate in each event. This has continued to fall upon deaf ears without any response from 600/INEX.  Having raced all across the country I know that this is a deep rooted belief amongst the Dirt Legend community that changing how, when and where the venue is held could only improve participation due to car counts couldn't possibly get any lower and still hold the national dirt event. There is even a large faction of the asphalt folks who feel the same, seeking to get more "bang for their buck" by participating in two National Championship determining events. Don't take this as my bashing 600/INEX, however in any business if you're not listening and responding to your customers suggestions with explanation whether "Pro or Con" those customers very easily become former customers.

Although I've ended my "Legends" participation I would hate to see others miss out on the FUN and enjoyment of racing with some of the most competitive, friendly and supportive racers and families in the entire sport.  I believe this is why the Dirt Legends continue on, its the racers and their groups/organizations/strong local dealers that draw people into the sport and not so much 600/INEX.

Congratulations to all of the participants of this years Dirt Nationals, regardless of how you finished you've rekindled old friendships, made new friends, maybe pissed a few people off in the short term, but in the immortal worlds of Uncle Sy Robertson "Hey, that's what life is all about!".

Good Luck, there's always next year!