Author Topic: Dirt Nats Update Please  (Read 60457 times)

Offline Team Zero

Re: Dirt Nats Update Please
« Reply #90 on: October 17, 2013, 04:56:01 pm »
I'm for Wheatland MO nicest track I have ever seen or raced on in my life!! And the "Mule Lip" down the road had great burgers and people watching lol!!

The staff was first class all the way! They know how to run a track, they came and talked to everybody there!!! And they have a jumbo-tron :)

Brian
Brian Peterson

Offline justfreaky

• Global Moderator
« Reply #91 on: October 17, 2013, 08:38:19 pm »
Let INEX know where and when you think nationals should be held. With enough responses, perhaps they will listen.

Steve
Better to be hated for who you are, Than to be loved for who you are not.

Offline 12dc

« Reply #92 on: October 18, 2013, 06:21:09 pm »
hi guys, haven't been on in a while, old age wouldn't let me remember my dang password.  Anyway just a thought on Nationals; honestly Beaver Dam was one of the raciest tracks I have been on in a while. I know it rolled a little in the middle but top to bottom was a groove for someone and thats all you can ask for in my opinion. If you think it was bad you should have been on East Lincoln a few years ago but thats mother nature for you. If time would have permitted, maybe the track could have knocked the tops downs a bit but too many classes and curfew does that too you. All in all a pretty good place to race for you cheeze heads lol. I for one would definately go back to BDR to race. I'll work on the Wheatland thing but if US Legends would chip in like they do for the big money race in charlotte, we could have dirt nationals anywhere. Elko was  a nice track as well but i'm not a snow guy lol. A 1/4 to 3/8 mile track i think puts on a pretty good show and makes people want to see more, just my thoughts. My idea (kinda taken for the drag boys) is to have a spring, summer, fall & winter nationals at different tracks around the country. INEX could make that particular weekend of racing a non point weekend so drivers wouldn't lose out on points at there home track. this would give alot of weekend warriors a chance to say they partipated. Maybe some type of bonus point system to the ones who can make those shows I don't know, just thinking out loud here. I just know there are alot of racers who can't travel and never get a chance to say they ran Nationals. Anyway got to meet some new drivers again this time so i'm thankful for that.

Dave Comer

Offline IraceLegends77

« Reply #93 on: October 18, 2013, 07:14:32 pm »
I like the idea of having it somewhere in the geographical middle of the dirt car hubs and at a track that is not a regular track for anyone. If we all had to pull the same amount or close to it, it might bring more cars. I do like the idea of having 3 or 4 nationals and using some kind of point system. I went to 4 Dirt Nationals in a row and made many of those cross country trips by myself. It would be nice if USLC would spread some of the BIG money around and not just in NC. I hope we get to go next year.
Scott Wilkerson #77   Vision Graphix Racing

Offline Vern Houseman

« Reply #94 on: October 20, 2013, 09:24:05 pm »
How funny is this ?
At dirt nationals made comments in drivers meeting how valuable the. Dirt division is to 600 racing ? Hmmm if this is true ? WHY IN THE HEll sorry isn't there any write up on 600 webpage ? Pleasssssse explain. ??????
Vernon Houseman #20

Offline katiu

• Hough68Racing
« Reply #95 on: October 20, 2013, 09:47:41 pm »
I offered links to them for all of my pics and videos. Didn't want to post to their page myself, since posts by 'others' get minimized, but posts by page admins stay viewable. Plus it would be nice if some of that showed up on the USLegends website... along with the NC, TX, South Africa posts.  Exchanged emails on Thursday 10/17/13. Maybe some of that will get posted this week.

Kathy H.

Offline Legends57x

« Reply #96 on: October 20, 2013, 09:50:50 pm »
As put in perspective by a good friend of mine:
Dirt Legends is just a small portion of their customer base, so we get a small portion of their attention.

1091 Legends raced on asphalt this year (not counting 10 thunder roadsters)

258 Bandoleros

185 Legends raced on road courses (not counting 11 thunder roadsters)

Thats 1,534 asphalt customers, plus 21 asphalt Thunder Roadster customers.

189 total turned a lap on dirt. That includes guys who tried it once and never came back.

11% of their clientele is dirt...of course they're going to cater to the other 89%, who also spend more money at the drop of a hat.

Personally, I think that they need to hire someone whose main job is to develop, grow, organize, and oversee dirt racing. We are just a sideshow now, and looking at the numbers, I can kind of see why.

Kind of sums it up real well... :'(

Mark Ritger
INEX Legends #1x

Offline katiu

• Hough68Racing
« Reply #97 on: October 20, 2013, 10:29:01 pm »
Well, that's sad, even if it is true. I just looked up Ford vehicle sales. Focus sales are exactly 11% of their total sales. Would be interesting if they chose to ignore that customer base, don't you think?

Offline Vern Houseman

« Reply #98 on: October 21, 2013, 06:31:59 am »
LOL Its just funny if any of you where in the drivers meeting at the dirt nationals abd hearing the smoke jog on how inportant this dirt series is to the M ????
Vernon Houseman #20

Offline Legends57x

« Reply #99 on: October 21, 2013, 11:12:09 am »
Vern,

Yes, I heard the same thing you did....However, I didn't put much stock in anything they said as I've been around racing for way too long and have heard similar preachings from other race organizations that ended up not being important in the long run either.  To be honest, being my very first dirt nationals, it didn't feel like it was much different than a normal Saturday night race at the track except for all the extra cars.   I enjoyed meeting you and others, but was not overly impressed by the mothership...LOL
Mark Ritger
INEX Legends #1x

Offline Brock13

« Reply #100 on: October 21, 2013, 02:15:29 pm »
Didn't mean to sound like the event was a downer, it was a great race, with great racers. Just felt weird the whole weekend that's all. I got around to most and spoke to many guys the first day when I was riding my four wheeler, but then they made me put it away because of insurance, understandably, not bitching. But there was definitely some animosity with some of my people, with myself included. I liked the fact that the track changed a lot and you had to keep up with it, but like someone else said, it felt like we were at regular Saturday night show and we really didn't get the feeling we were at Nationals. I don't think it was planned out very well and didn't give any special attention to what is supposed to be a SPECIAL event. JMO... We are definitely a side show at Knoxville, but Warren and everyone involved made it ten times more welcome and inclusive than any of the 17 Nationals that I have attended. They should maybe think of putting him in charge of the next one. I felt that we did everything in our power to make the Elko events special with the cookouts, the bands and the after parties, the weather screwed both years up though, couldn't help that one. With that in mind, everyone should express their opinions to the powers that be in a manner that is professional and helpful. Our Dirt event can grow substantially with careful planning and higher participation. I hope we can finalize a location early and make plans to make the 2014 Dirt Nats the highest car count ever!

Offline Vern Houseman

« Reply #101 on: October 21, 2013, 03:00:52 pm »
So true Tim also was glad to meet you, you guys where great, and congrats on your win, it was fun watching you when I could lol I think in my openion all beaver dam had to do is maybe starte us a little earlyer and let us race our National event then bring there othere series afterwords ? again jmo I really would like to do one or more road trips a year, but not like it was the other week.
Vernon Houseman #20

Offline ajagoditsh

« Reply #102 on: October 21, 2013, 03:17:03 pm »
Being my first year, I couldn't compare it to anything.  Honestly, I wish we wouldn't have had the other classes running,  I do understand why they were on the show though.  I really enjoyed meeting everyone. My favorite part of the event was single car qualifying. Thought that was really cool.  Took too long though. Hoping to be able to travel a little next season and see some other tracks.

Tony
Tony Jagoditsh

Offline Legends57x

« Reply #103 on: October 23, 2013, 10:52:30 am »
I see USLC  finally updated the points for the season yesterday to include points from the Dirt Nationals, however, still no pictures....boo!  :(
Mark Ritger
INEX Legends #1x

Offline JGRacing

« Reply #104 on: October 26, 2013, 10:39:57 pm »
Having it at Wheatland would give me a good excuse to get the car back out.  ;)