Author Topic: Inex rule changes 2013  (Read 83488 times)

knoxracing

Inex rule changes 2013
« on: March 03, 2013, 12:10:06 pm »
The 2012 rule book will be used until the changeover date is posted on USLC web site

All competitors
1)Snell 2005 rating or newer is required in all helmets. The SA 2000 rating will no longer be permitted.
2)All suspension and ballast bolts shall be identifiable as to grade.
Legend Cars
1)Weight rule, 1300 lb with driver and a minumum of 640lbs right side weight. Percentages will no longer be used for the weight requirements by Inex.
2)All Legend Car engines with   clear plastic, green old style or blue old style seals must be sent in to US Legends Engine shop for inspection and resealing prior to 7/1/2013.

Offline slack11

Re: Inex rule changes 2013
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2013, 12:46:50 pm »
Will the rear percentage rule still be there, or is that gone as well with removing all the percentages from the rules?

Thanks

Offline justaoke

« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2013, 12:54:39 pm »
 Rules 1  O.K.   The engine rule--SCREW THEM!! We have an old motor in our car that runs great,no smoke or anything else. We have 1 motor we are sending in next month that has 15 races and the rings are shot!!  Are they going to pay for my shipping,gaskets etc??? I know for a fact this motor is not cheated as it came from Vegas in a house car we bought! The car car was used in a driver school and not run all that much in actual races. This has been our best motor!!  Are they going to "force" us to do this????  Well I gues we will have a car for sale soon.  Time to get the latemodel going!!!

knoxracing

« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2013, 02:09:11 pm »
Slack,
I have had a tech lic. for years, I try not to get involved in tech issues unless I am put in a situation that requires it (Inex requests or there is an issue I am asked to get involved in). I received this letter yesterday with my tech lic.. I too have questions regarding the percentages, i will talk to Scott Monday and clarify these rule changes. I am not real sure why we are changing but I will find out.

Offline racerdad

« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2013, 02:18:42 pm »
So let me get this right I have to send my motor that has blue seals and 3 races on it to 600 bye 7/1/2013 . The season starts this month and ends in October  and  I only have one motor.  So I pay shipping parts and let me guess labor even though the motor only has 3 races on it and then after the season ends I have to send it to them again.  Why would they not say bye 2014 all seals  must be changed and engines inspected .
This sucks cody

knoxracing

« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2013, 02:21:18 pm »
"Joke". I am just forwarding the tech letter I received. My OPINION on the seals is this, those that chose to go behind the seals have created this situation. everyone that CHOSE to run a sealed motor had the same rule book to follow, those that thought they were going to get away with it knew they were breaking an inex rule and now the rest of us will be affected by there actions. Do I think there are alot of lEGAL older sealed motors out there that are legal, I sure do. I also know of motors with old seals that seem to run upfront at local tracks year after year and they have 5 year old seals.  These same guys show up in the spring drive around half throttle for three practice sessions and then run the car hard. they compete with fresh motors, ITS OBVIOUS they were breaking in a motor with the same seal they did the same thing last year. These are the guys that are to blame for this rule, not Inex. I personally thought the local techs were going to cut seals, send them in and the seal would be inspected. A temp seal was to be installed while the seals from the motor were being inspected. this still could be the way this goes. I will talk to USLC regarding this also. I know and they know it is unreallistic for everyone to send motors to them to have a seal changed.

Offline slack11

« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2013, 02:26:13 pm »
Dennis,
  I COMPLETELY understand why you would want to stay out of tech issues, was just wondering if you knew about theat rule as well.

Again, thanks for the heads up, remember here guys, let's not shoot the messenger, he's just delivering news.  Without him posting this, we all would probably never hear about this for a long while.... 

Thanks again and let me know if you do find out about the percentages.

knoxracing

« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2013, 02:28:07 pm »
The wording of the letter is a little confusing to me, werent there silver barrel style seals also? It says these motors must be sent toUS Legends Engine shop fop inspection and resealing. Prior to 7/1/2013. i am also not real sure how long exactly the current seal has been around?

All US Legend Car engines with clear plastic seals, green(old style) seals or blue (old style seals) must be sent to in to the US Legends Engine shop for inspection & re-sealing prior to 7/1/2013

Offline racerdad

« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2013, 02:41:09 pm »
I know that you are doing us a favor telling us and my comment was not to you it was what I  was feeling. I have been around racing all my life and I know people cheat but this puts me in a real hard spot I hope they find a different way of doing this.
Thanks cody

knoxracing

« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2013, 02:49:45 pm »
I agree guys that this is a hard line that will effect folks that have done nothing wrong, but because a few pushed the envelope everyone will be part of the process. I ALSO think that this could change or another method could take place if racers call and discuss there situation with Inex. That is my suggestion, call and discuss oyur situation directly with USLC. 

If you have a problem with a rebuild I suggest you call Chad in the engine shop DIRECTLY and discuss your problem with him. Chad is a good guy and he wants the motors leaving the engine shop to be of quality.

Offline Legends57x

« Reply #10 on: March 03, 2013, 02:58:04 pm »
Dennis,

First of all, as others said, Dennis thanks for keeping us all posted on the rule changes.  It is very much appreciated.   I understand why USLC is putting engine sealing rule in place as you stated above, but someone from USLC needs to take a look at the big picture.  I know several of the cars in our area including the dirt car I am scheduled to drive has a perfectly good blue sealed engine that has never been messed with.  Now we're supposed to send it in by 7/1/2013 to have it recertified???  That's a bunch of  balogna.   This rule change should have been in place early last fall in order for all to get their engines properly certified or the date needs to be change to late fall of 2013.   Many of us do not have or can afford a spare engine so this rule could potentially park cars for few weeks waiting to get their engines back.  Also, for those who may have just purchased a less costly older car to get into this sport now have to send their engines out too.  NOT a good way to grow the sport.  And if they really are serious, they need to get an engine depot somewhere in the Midwest to reduce the cost of shipping to either East or West coast.   Do I hear Dennis Know Legends  Racing Engines... :)   Please let us know what you find out regarding the date.  Sounds like we need to band together and send emails to John and Scott at USLC to least change the date until later this year.
Mark Ritger
INEX Legends #1x

knoxracing

« Reply #11 on: March 03, 2013, 03:40:09 pm »
I agree! The timing is not right! One thing I have pushed to the top folks at SMI is the fact that they have to see past the end of the hood,  in other words they need to look beyond Charlotte and see the big picture as those outside Charlotte make up the majority of there customer base and we do matter!  Send those mails and make those calls guys, we can push to change this or atleast chenge the method to re-seal these motors. If they want to re-seal, fine, but lets do it the right way and not make the innocent sealed owner spend money to do it.

Offline s10custom

• It is what it is
« Reply #12 on: March 03, 2013, 04:54:02 pm »
I ALSO think that this could change or another method could take place if racers call and discuss there situation with Inex. That is my suggestion, call and discuss oyur situation directly with USLC. 

If you have a problem with a rebuild I suggest you call Chad in the engine shop DIRECTLY and discuss your problem with him. Chad is a good guy and he wants the motors leaving the engine shop to be of quality.

Folks, that there is good advise. Call'um and/or email'um. They can't ignore everyone, they're not that dumb.

Robert

Offline cruzinlow71

« Reply #13 on: March 03, 2013, 06:06:36 pm »
So the weight rule.. Car has to weigh a Minimum of 1300# with a Minimum Right side weight of 640# So if my Math is Correct we can only get 50.7% Left at 1300# did I read that rule correct of no?

knoxracing

« Reply #14 on: March 03, 2013, 08:16:25 pm »
I agree and your math is right! I WILL make calls tomorrow to verify whats up.. It does not address the rear rule either. I will find out ASAP!!!!!

anything