Author Topic: BF Goodrich ?  (Read 42115 times)

Offline JGRacing

Re: BF Goodrich ?
« Reply #45 on: September 28, 2009, 11:29:16 am »
I like the idea of stopping tire cutting, but enforcement would be the difficult part.  If you have a tire on for several races on the same side, as it flexes in the turns it will not wear evenly.  Running it 10+ races might make it look like it has been camber cut.  As it is now, I would have to have seperate tires for dirt (uncut), tires for asphalt (camber cut), and tires for road course (straight cut).  By doing this it completely throws out the window the point of having one tire.  I would hate to be the person at 600 deciding on how to answer the tire question.  Seems like there is no perfect answer.  I wonder if a tire that has a shallow tread would still work on dirt, cut down the room for camber cutting, and stop the tires from chunking on pavement.  Then again a custom tire would cost more money than an off the shelf one the tire maker already has.  Not sure what the answer is.   

Offline thunder938

« Reply #46 on: September 28, 2009, 12:20:47 pm »
We will all be told the answer  soon...In 600 we trust..
Dave

Sagermotorsports

« Reply #47 on: September 28, 2009, 04:54:54 pm »
     There is really no need to pass a rule on camber cutting, 600 never said that anyone HAD to cut the tires it just states that cutting the tires was legal. The option has always been there,so if someone did not want to cut their tires then they wouldn't have to. Granted their car probably wouldn't run with the rest of them.
     But I think that allowing the tires to be cut gives these cars the performance and handling that keeps the Legends a cut above entry division cars like the 4cyl. entry level division.
     This is only my thoughts and I don't want to get anyone mad at me,but I feel that without the advantage of cut tires a lot of racers could go to other, cheaper divisions and get a car that handled the same way.
     I love racing these Legends and one of the reasons is because you get a heck of a punch for your dollar. A lot of engineering has gone into the design and I think that cutting has a lot to do with how the car has evolved.

Brett

Offline VMS Motorsports

• Global Moderator
    • VMSmotorsports.com
« Reply #48 on: October 01, 2009, 02:42:57 pm »
Federal Tire confirmed by another trusted source. 
Available in February, mandatory use at beginning of points season
JIM BUCHER
VMS Motorsports
Worldwide Legends Parts Supplier
(262)255-7100
http://www.vmsmotorsports.com/

Offline IraceLegends77

« Reply #49 on: October 01, 2009, 04:19:34 pm »
which Federal tire? They make a bunch. Thanks

Scott
Scott Wilkerson #77   Vision Graphix Racing

Sagermotorsports

« Reply #50 on: October 01, 2009, 05:08:03 pm »
That figures, no grandfather clause

Offline JGRacing

« Reply #51 on: October 01, 2009, 05:13:54 pm »
Hope they were able to get a better price than what we were paying for the BFG's. 

Offline Racinjj

• Steenbergen Motorsports
« Reply #52 on: October 01, 2009, 07:14:55 pm »
The real question is if they pass the lower price onto the races or just their pocket books.
www.JeffSteenbergen.com

Racecar spelled backwards is racecar. Racecar upside down is expensive.

Sagermotorsports

« Reply #53 on: October 02, 2009, 05:37:30 am »
And now you are going to have all the Legends teams ordering there tires from maybe three different tire cutters all at the same time, What a mess. I think we are going to need a federal bailout to get us out of this one :)

Brett

Offline JGRacing

« Reply #54 on: October 02, 2009, 10:44:19 am »
Is Federal a stand alone brand, or is it the lower level brand name for Goodyear, Firestone, or one of the big tire companies? 

Offline IraceLegends77

« Reply #55 on: October 02, 2009, 01:24:00 pm »
What I meant is Federal “What”. They make a lot of different model of tires. I just wanted to look at the tread patter to see if it is going to be good for the dirt. Just a litttle curious.

Scott 77w
Scott Wilkerson #77   Vision Graphix Racing

Offline trmiv

« Reply #56 on: October 02, 2009, 04:28:58 pm »
Is Federal a stand alone brand, or is it the lower level brand name for Goodyear, Firestone, or one of the big tire companies? 

Federal Tire is a Taiwanese  company.

Offline JGRacing

« Reply #57 on: October 02, 2009, 05:03:23 pm »
I have not been in the tire market recently and had not heard of this brand.  We'll see what happens. 

Offline VMS Motorsports

• Global Moderator
    • VMSmotorsports.com
« Reply #58 on: October 02, 2009, 05:12:39 pm »
The Blah Blah Blah from their website:

Federal Tire was founded in Taiwan in 1954. Technical cooperation with Bridgestone Corporation from 1960-1979 and with Sumitomo Rubber Industries (Dunlop Tires) from 1981-2000 has given Federal the necessary and strong technical capabilities and know-how to produce our own brand tires today – Federal Tires. Today, Federal has established a strong network of overseas distributors with more than a hundred national/regional representatives throughout 70+ countries. Domestic channels are managed by our subsidiary, Federex Marketing Corporation, and through the years, distribution in Taiwan has grown strongly and penetrated each and every corner of the island.

With state-of-the-art technology, strict quality control, and highly regulated safety standards, Federal continues to develop innovative, quality tires for the UHP, SUV, LTR, and PCR lines.

Bolstered by new and better UHP, SUV and winter tires, and our ever improving full range of other high quality tires, Federal is presently enjoying tremendous growth. We will continue to focus on and constantly improve customer satisfaction, on-time and prompt delivery, and our after-sales services.
JIM BUCHER
VMS Motorsports
(262)255-7100

Offline VMS Motorsports

• Global Moderator
    • VMSmotorsports.com
« Reply #59 on: October 06, 2009, 04:36:42 pm »
Newest UNCONFIRMED update...heard from someone who knows someone...UNCONFIRMED...

New tires will be mandatory in March for asphalt only
Dirt can use either BFG or new tire in 2010, mandatory use in 2011.

Once again, this is not confirmed, I just wouldn't go throwing your good BFG's away yet
JIM BUCHER
VMS Motorsports
(262)255-7100

anything