Author Topic: BF Goodrich ?  (Read 40461 times)

Offline IraceLegends77

BF Goodrich ?
« on: September 14, 2009, 02:22:09 pm »
I have heard from a really good source is that the BF Goodrich tires will not be used next year. I followed this up with a second source and he said the same thing. Both of these sources are very credible. They told me about the bead lock rim before it was known. My question is why would 600 not put this out. I know that they want to sell tires and they still would, but maybe not as many. I know this is not official and so please don’t shot me. I just thought it would be good if you where about to buy a set of tires to have this info in the back of your head. They did tell me the new manufacture of tires but that it was still up in the air. I know that I have a couple of sets of BF Goodrich tires that will become redneck flower box.

Scott

Scott Wilkerson #77   Vision Graphix Racing

Offline Vern Houseman

Re: BF Goodrich ?
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2009, 02:37:48 pm »
I know they are looking at cooper tires , they had some freinds of mine do a tire test a few mounths ago and the other tire was a bf tire but looked like a rain tire ?
Vernon Houseman #20

Offline IraceLegends77

« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2009, 02:43:00 pm »
How did they like it Vern?

Scott

Offline VMS Motorsports

• Global Moderator
    • VMSmotorsports.com
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2009, 03:15:37 pm »
As all large businesses operate, Im sure they want to sell out of their stockpile of tires they have now before announcing a switch. Figured something was going to happen, since there was no BFG patch or stickers in the license packets this year...Cooper...the hardest tire you can buy other than the Farm and Fleet Roadrunner brand, just my .02...not that it matters, I'll buy what they tell me to!
JIM BUCHER
VMS Motorsports
Worldwide Legends Parts Supplier
(262)255-7100
http://www.vmsmotorsports.com/

Offline TomTom

« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2009, 03:26:26 pm »
 What do you guys pay for the BF G's ? What do they duro at ?

Offline IraceLegends77

« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2009, 03:57:08 pm »
we pay $98.00 (+25 to 35 to camber cut them) and I can't remember the # on the duro. but they are no means soft either.

Scott

Offline VMS Motorsports

• Global Moderator
    • VMSmotorsports.com
« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2009, 04:41:54 pm »
All over the board on durometer readings with the BFG's . I've had brand new tires run from 55 (yes, illegal straight from 600, the first batch of 2008) to 62. My right rear after 22 nights is a perfect 58 right now, the other 3 have 40+ shows on them and range from 61-64 right now. Yes, I run dirt
JIM BUCHER
VMS Motorsports
(262)255-7100

Offline Racinjj

• Steenbergen Motorsports
« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2009, 05:04:59 pm »
That should be interesting if we get a new tire.   They will probably wait to announce something until March. :P
www.JeffSteenbergen.com

Racecar spelled backwards is racecar. Racecar upside down is expensive.

Offline VMS Motorsports

• Global Moderator
    • VMSmotorsports.com
« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2009, 05:25:55 pm »
Hopefully they announce it soon enough for me to go to an unsuspecting distrubutor and buy a bunch to sell you guys cheaper!
JIM BUCHER
VMS Motorsports
(262)255-7100

Offline JGRacing

« Reply #9 on: September 14, 2009, 05:40:56 pm »
If they are still working on negotiating a deal, they might want to keep it quiet until it is signed.  By letting the potential new provider know that the option of BFG is dead, it will take away their leverage.  Hopefully they will not wait too long to announce the new supplier.   

Offline Vern Houseman

« Reply #10 on: September 14, 2009, 06:42:41 pm »
I had the cooper tire in my hand pritty nice tire and its not that hard I think it came in around 60 ? guees we will have to see?
Vernon Houseman #20

Offline IraceLegends77

« Reply #11 on: September 15, 2009, 08:29:56 am »
Which Cooper tire was it?

Scott

Offline TomTom

« Reply #12 on: September 15, 2009, 10:28:39 am »
    When they decide on changing tire manufactures do they have a vote or something from all the racers ? How long does the rubber last now on asphalt ? My club runs a Hoosier DOT tire on asphalt they last 12/13 race weekends, and cost $83 each, duro @ 50.

Tom #3

Offline justfreaky

• Global Moderator
« Reply #13 on: September 15, 2009, 10:42:45 am »
Tom,

If we got a vote racing would be cheaper. LOL!!!
Lets not open up that can of worms.  ;)

Steve
Better to be hated for who you are, Than to be loved for who you are not.

Offline TomTom

« Reply #14 on: September 15, 2009, 02:33:40 pm »
 10-4 , on racing would be cheaper if racers could vote thats why I run my legend as a dwarf so I don't have to put up with the Inex rules, my club votes on tires so I was wondering how Inex did it evidently they like to screw the racers. I thought the whole point of legend cars was to be affordable , how can they call it affordable when guys got over 5 grand in a motor, that isn't affordable we run 03' Suzuki GSXR 600's that cost race ready $600-$1,000 no bull, and they last we run 50 shows on the motor's before freshening & no screwing with carbs, thats whats pissa about the injected motors.

Tom #3  8)

(edited language JS)

anything