Author Topic: Need help getting INEX approval for air filters  (Read 13168 times)

Offline VMS Motorsports

• Global Moderator
    • VMSmotorsports.com
Re: Need help getting INEX approval for air filters
« Reply #15 on: January 29, 2009, 02:10:49 pm »
The R2C's you clean with low pressure air. Alot of the Dirt Mod and late Model guys use them, thats why we tried to put something together for legends
JIM BUCHER
VMS Motorsports
Worldwide Legends Parts Supplier
(262)255-7100
http://www.vmsmotorsports.com/

Offline justfreaky

• Global Moderator
« Reply #16 on: January 29, 2009, 08:18:15 pm »
The R2C's also are supposed to filter more dirt particles.

Steve
Sorry for getting off topic!
Better to be hated for who you are, Than to be loved for who you are not.

Offline jgrimracing

« Reply #17 on: January 30, 2009, 02:42:19 am »
I don't think the foam filters would do much on dirt without oil.  We only ever had an old set and maybe they were just wore out but they seemed to be very porus (spelling?).  Foam filters we have used on dirt in other racing were much more dense, and they would do nothing without oiling them.  The oil is what did the filtering while the foam was really nothing more then a media to hold the oil in place.  On pavement I would think you could use them dry, where they would act more like a screen to keep large dirt and debries out.  The filters Jim is talking about here seem pretty neat in no oiling is needed, which would be less cost and less work.  They look to be the same size as the K & N to me so the bulky issue would be the same.

Jim would you use an outerwear on these like the K & N?

Offline VMS Motorsports

• Global Moderator
    • VMSmotorsports.com
« Reply #18 on: January 30, 2009, 10:50:13 am »
No outerwear / pre-filter necessary
JIM BUCHER
VMS Motorsports
Worldwide Legends Parts Supplier
(262)255-7100
http://www.vmsmotorsports.com/

Offline CJ5

« Reply #19 on: January 30, 2009, 11:41:26 am »
I use this filter on my mod. I've  used to used the K&N and I've used paper filters (all kinds). I will tell you first hand I won't use anything but the R2C product again.
1) the K&N are nice but they clog up , are a pain to clean, and a mess to oil and I used to wipe the dirt off the inside of the carb, (how much did my engine eat?) I also greased  the filter tray top and bottom to stop the dirt. So combined with cleaning, clogging, and still getting dirt in. NO THANK YOU
2) the paper filters are easy just put it on and run it but a new on every week and you still have to run and clean the prefilter. NO THANK YOU
3) foam great for a dyno run in a controled environment with no dirt & no oil, BUT put them on your car without oil and you might as well not run a filter at all.
4) R2C put it on run it take it off blow it out put it on run it..... It don't get any better than that. THANKS I'LL KEEP IT

Remember the more air you get into the motor the more power you get!

I have NOT been paid for this endorsement!

Good luck to everyone
Chris
Full time Realtor Part time Racer. Whats wrong with this picture?

FFmedic

« Reply #20 on: February 04, 2009, 05:26:46 pm »
I've used the faom all last yr.  Didn't know that you needed to oil them for dirt racing the first time I went out they sucked in a bit of dirt.  Ran them all yr oiling with K&N oil.  Washed them after everyrace to keep them clean.   When I raced mowers I used K&N style filters and loved them.  They were easy to clean and when using an outerwear you could get a couple races out of them if needed.

As for these from R2C I would love to have a set to try so maybe this summer I can get them.  I think the Idea of them is awesome!!  Hope they approve them.

Joe

anything