Author Topic: Dirt Nationals Pay Out  (Read 14707 times)

Offline IraceLegends77

Dirt Nationals Pay Out
« on: October 01, 2009, 04:31:32 pm »
I know we don't race for the money but can someone please tell me why they pay more to Pro and Master class then SP. They charge us the same amount for entrance fee, parts and license. They also pay a lot more to the asphalt guys but they do have larger car count. I guess they already know the car count for both nationals. I'm not trying to start any thing just don't understand it.

Scott 77w

Scott Wilkerson #77   Vision Graphix Racing

Offline Racinjj

• Steenbergen Motorsports
Re: Dirt Nationals Pay Out
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2009, 04:48:15 pm »
The same reason late models get paid more than hobby stocks.  The Pro class is the premier class in Legends racing, its in the rule book.  Semi-Pro is a novice class and I think a lot of people have forgotten that.  Personally I say just one class, the individual class thing just makes me mad so I just ignore it and go on my way.  They should at least have some kind of difference between the classes like restrictors or something like they do in carts if they are going to have 3 different classes.
www.JeffSteenbergen.com

Racecar spelled backwards is racecar. Racecar upside down is expensive.

Offline NJRacer510

• Team 510 Racing
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2009, 05:08:26 pm »
My brother told Krentz the same thing through e-mail that all the divisions should get the same purse. I can understand if they want to lower the purse for the young lions because of their age and also i think the young lions should have restrictions becuase they are younger. Just as you said like karts, when I ran karts like my brother and I started off in rookies with on restrictor plate then moved to juniors with another plate then unrestricted and seniors. I think these cars are to quick for a 14 year old kid in my personal opinion. I am a "pro" driver and my brother is a "semipro" although he is older than me. The only reason is i moved up from karts to legends while he was still racing for people in champ karts and among other things. I would say my brother has tons more expeirence than I do and is a better driver as well but he gets a sticker with an S because of his years with Legends.

Around us they run everyone together, and each race someone else wins if its a pro, masters, or semipro. Its just a dumb sticker that they use to classify you but i think its a bogus classification. I think a better way would be to do this, Legends Division 1 would be kids up to the age of 18, Legends Division 2 would be from 18 to 40, and Legends Division 3 would be 40 +. We had a driver this year in the Semi Pro division who was a Master last year so how do you explain that.

I understand why they label the divisions as such but i personally think its a joke. Also, the asphalt nationals get paid more because INEX doesnt care about Dirt and/or Road Course racing. We are the other people and they dont make the money from us like they do with the asphalt guys. We told Krentz he needs to put the same effort into all three types of racing and make it better for everyone not just one  part of the whole deal.

Todd #m1
www.team510racing.com
TODD McCOLLUM #m1
www.TEAM510RACING.com

Offline JGRacing

« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2009, 05:32:40 pm »
I am OK with the way they split the classes.  For big races and national points they need to have some way to split the cars.  Most tracks run all of the classes together so restrictions on some cars on the track together would make for a lot of slow lapped traffic.  Have not competed in nationals races, but I would agree that a bigger purse for all classes might attract more drivers.  As far as dirt vs. asphalt payout, as of now the asphalt nationals bring in more cars and more people in the stands.  Hopefully having the dirt nationals in NC will get some pavement racers and 600 leadership sold on the potential for dirt racing with these cars.  Now if we could get the nationals at a facility with a dirt and paved track to get everyone in one place at one time...     

Offline NJRacer510

• Team 510 Racing
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2009, 06:01:01 pm »
Asphalt does attract more people, so I understand that is why they pay out much more. All I am saying is at the Dirt Nationals all the divisions should be paid the same. Im not talking about raising the highest purse even higher, but each all of the divisions should race for the same amount. If we had as many cars like the asphalt nationals then I would hope more purse money would come our way.

If you wanted to run the Dirt and Asphalt Nationals at the same facility you would need two cars to do both events. You would be giving up a lot if you tried to run Dirt with an asphalt car or the other way around. The setups are extremely different so that would be tough unless you had lots of help.

You said the key word "leadership" and honestly 600/INEX has little or none of that. They are very bias and definitely do not treat everyone equally. They have a great thing going but as the years go own its getting worse and worse. I hope things will turn around in the future for all of us in the Legends Division.
TODD McCOLLUM #m1
www.TEAM510RACING.com

Offline JGRacing

« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2009, 06:49:05 pm »
Just kidding about having the nationals races together, but it would be interesting to see what would happen.

Offline VMS Motorsports

• Global Moderator
    • VMSmotorsports.com
« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2009, 07:16:42 pm »
Back to the pay-out issue...
Aren't there more Semi-pro's that go to Nationals than the other classes though? So they would be bringing more money into the track.

Jeff, I can't disagree with your argument more. This is nothing like a late model vs hobby stocks issue.
The cars and dollar outlay are supposed to be the same with Legends, thus the need to payout more to attract cars is not there, where it is with a late model vs hobby stock scenario. Sure, there's guys with 10k in their hobby stock motor, but that is not what it is intended to be. $4000 hobby gets paid $200 to win, $40,000 late model gets paid $2000, or whatever it is. You dont have that in Legends, you, of all people should know that, coming from the late model ranks yourself.
I demand that you publicly retract your blatantly false, misleading, Obama-like statement
 ;D
JIM BUCHER
VMS Motorsports
Worldwide Legends Parts Supplier
(262)255-7100
http://www.vmsmotorsports.com/

Offline IraceLegends77

« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2009, 07:17:56 pm »
Guys I get that the asphalt gets more cars so there for the get more money. They have already set the purse for the Dirt and Asphalt Nationals. They should set the purse by the number of cars that they get. That is fair but Jeff I understand that the Pro division is the top division and they should get more money IF they pay more money to get in. I a semi-pro pay the same a pro and get WAY less money. When towing there they don’t ask me at the gas station if I’m pro or master or semi-pro. They charge me the same money as everyone else. That is my beef with the payout system. If the semi- pro division is a “hobby stock” class then charge us hobby stock entry fee. In no way think that asphalt national draw more fans. Neither of National draw fans which is a shame because they don’t promote the events. Asphalt has more people in the stands because of the number of cars in the pits. As I said I not starting anything I just feel that it is unfair but I’m still going.

Scott 77w
Scott Wilkerson #77   Vision Graphix Racing

Offline NJRacer510

• Team 510 Racing
« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2009, 07:37:10 pm »
I agree, Semi Pro does brings the most cars so they should get a better purse but I also agree that Pro is supposed to the be the premier division so they get a higher purse as well. Like I said before we are all the same and its only a dumb sticker with a letter on it that separates us. This division was made for everyone from a Novice/Hobbies t who shows up on an open trailer to have fun, then to someone like ourselves who has one or more cars and is more into the competitive part of racing, and so on up further to the guys who come with Haulers and 5 cars to each event using it as a stepping stone to the next level.

We need to all talk about how to make things better for ourselves instead of talking about the downside of things as much. I will admit I am a very opinionated person but these are only my opinions.

To everyone who is coming to the Dirt Nationals, I will see you there. Lets have good racing, fun, and some beers afterwards!

Todd #m1
www.team510racing.com
TODD McCOLLUM #m1
www.TEAM510RACING.com

Offline Racinjj

• Steenbergen Motorsports
« Reply #9 on: October 01, 2009, 10:10:13 pm »
Well I am glad I at least got Jim fired up.
I do think its wrong and all classes should have the same payout.  Have you sent in your concerns to 600 Racing on this matter?  Ia m curious as to what their excuse is.
www.JeffSteenbergen.com

Racecar spelled backwards is racecar. Racecar upside down is expensive.

Offline VMS Motorsports

• Global Moderator
    • VMSmotorsports.com
« Reply #10 on: October 01, 2009, 10:11:35 pm »
Still waiting for your official public retraction Mr. Steenbergen
JIM BUCHER
VMS Motorsports
Worldwide Legends Parts Supplier
(262)255-7100
http://www.vmsmotorsports.com/

Offline JGRacing

« Reply #11 on: October 02, 2009, 11:00:12 am »
My solution if I ran the world for the day.  Same pay for all classes but bigger trophy for Pro since it is the premier class.  Next I would move on to lower taxes, etc. 

Offline Team510Racing.com

« Reply #12 on: October 11, 2009, 04:55:18 pm »
This purse is a JOKE....Give me a break... We race for this purse every week minus a few changes... Like my brother said I emailed 600 and asked them.. After i got a email back from them I know where we stand with 600 racing... If you guys have ever talked to any of them you know what I Am saying.. We went to a $1,200.00 to win race this year and 600 didn't even know about the race but the sanctioned the race... I think if 600 spent more time on dirt racing like they did the Pavement with all the sponsors and company's to bring in the money they would have better pay-outs for the nationals....Just like when the local guys from NC run good on the dirt its all over Legend Nation and 600 racing... But us boys from PA & NJ go to a regional Qualifier At East Lincoln and run good.. Guess What you have nothing on any site... But the following week guess what you have a add on 600 for a week saying a local guy wins on the dirt.... If it wasn't for The Northeast and a few other states Dirt would not be around for these cars.. Some of the best drivers come from the Northeast.. You see guys winning all these races with 5 to 10 cars in the national points isn't fair to guys like me who run against 25 to 40 cars a week  and finish in top 10... But it is what it is... All 600 needs is someone in there company who can bring something to the dirt racing.... This is JMO on this Subject.. There many other issues but Thats besides the point...

Purse Total for Nationals: $1,910.00
Purse Total Local Northeast Race $2,000.00

Semi-Pro
 $375.00
 $250.00
 $225.00
 $150.00
 $100.00
 $90.00
 $80.00
 $70.00
 $60.00
 $55.00
 $50.00
 $45.00
 $40.00
 $35.00
 $35.00
 $30.00
 $30.00
 $30.00
 $30.00
 $30.00
 $25.00
 $25.00
 $25.00
 $25.00

I am going to have fun At the nationals and hope we all run good like we did at the qualifier..... Good Luck to all who comes...
Paul McCollum

Offline JGRacing

« Reply #13 on: October 12, 2009, 11:32:06 am »
Not sure if anyone has tried, but if a press release was put together about a big win on high dollar race that they can post on the website, I would imagine that they would put it on there. 

Offline Team510Racing.com

« Reply #14 on: October 12, 2009, 01:32:51 pm »
I understand what your saying... But like for example.. Look how much 600 has on the pavement nationals and its only 3 days away from dirt nationals and they don't have anything up on  website about the dirt nationals... They tell you how many entry's and who entered for pavement.. Dirt nothing... I mean they listed the gas station for the gas we need to use but no octane i mean come on... Simple they have no interest in dirt..
Paul McCollum