Author Topic: Need Mid-Season Nat. Ideas  (Read 6278 times)

Offline VMS Motorsports

• Global Moderator
    • VMSmotorsports.com
Need Mid-Season Nat. Ideas
« on: November 08, 2008, 11:36:27 am »
I've been in contact with the track officials at Charter Raceway in Beaver Dam (Grant, Jeff, DJ, and my home track)...Im thinking of a mid-season Nationals type deal...I'd be sponsoring it, so there would be great payout, give-aways, etc...If anyone has any ideas, throw them out there...

JIM BUCHER
VMS Motorsports
Worldwide Legends Parts Supplier
(262)255-7100
http://www.vmsmotorsports.com/

Offline IraceLegends77

Re: Need Mid-Season Nat. Ideas
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2008, 01:03:43 pm »
Jim,

I would be interested if the timing was right. We from the right coast would need a long weekend type of deal.

Scott #77w
Scott Wilkerson #77   Vision Graphix Racing

Offline VMS Motorsports

• Global Moderator
    • VMSmotorsports.com
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2008, 05:20:29 pm »
I would be thinking a Summer, late June or July, so the kids are off school thing, hopefully on a 2 or 3 race weekend so there's a point to coming other than just one show. I know I would never haul a couple states over to run one night...thats why you Dakota guys will se me next year....3 tracks in 3 nights! Charter races Saturday, so maybe Friday at Chilton and Saturday at Charter, depends on how the scheduling works out. Ideally I'd like to see $750.00-$1000 to win, with big enough car counts to have seperate features for each class (otherwise I could just make out the check to Eric Barth and not bother with the show) with escalated purses throughout, but it all depends on what type of other corporate response I can get. Luckily no-one is buying houses right now so I can waste time doing this stuff...course if they were I could sponsor it all by  my-self!!! Any ideas or preferences would be spectacular!
JIM BUCHER
VMS Motorsports
Worldwide Legends Parts Supplier
(262)255-7100
http://www.vmsmotorsports.com/

Offline jgrimracing

« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2008, 11:08:34 pm »
Depending on scheduling, we would consider coming out there for something like this.  I like the idea of multiple races on the same weekend.  I don't have much more in ideas for you though, Sorry.

Offline Racinjj

• Steenbergen Motorsports
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2008, 07:42:30 am »
Hey now dont just hand the check over to Eric yet, I think I am going to have some say in that. 
That sounds like a good idea with the mid-season Natls at Chilton and Charter.  Maybe have our regular purse and then pay the top 10 in points from the two nights extra.  I think we could end up with a lot of cars for a series like that. 
www.JeffSteenbergen.com

Racecar spelled backwards is racecar. Racecar upside down is expensive.

Offline jgrimracing

« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2009, 08:19:01 pm »
Jim,
You have any updates on this yet?  I guess I am getting excited to go racing again or something.  The tracks around here have started putting schedules out, and we are putting together our plans for 2009. 

Thanks,
Jeremy