Author Topic: G-force SRS1  (Read 19671 times)

Offline JGRacing

Re: G-force SRS1
« Reply #15 on: January 09, 2009, 11:20:51 am »
Here is something I found on it.  Sounds pretty cool.

http://www.circletrack.com/safety/ctrp_0901_defnder_team_issue_hnr/index.html

Offline Racinjj

• Steenbergen Motorsports
« Reply #16 on: January 09, 2009, 11:33:59 am »
I had a Hutchens and it worked but I thought it was uncomfortable.  I bought my Hans a couple years ago and love it, its worth the money.  I also got the Vision Advantage Plus tether and it makes a big fifference, no restriction when turning your head.
Also remember that the head and neck restraints do not help you in a side impact.  You really need a good head and shoulder support sytem for your seat.  Not the floppy braces that most people have, if you can move it with your hand its not going to work.  It should have about 2" of high density foam on the head rest to be affective.  We had a guy get a concusion when he barrel rolled and smacked his head on the roll cage because of his floppy head rests.
www.JeffSteenbergen.com

Racecar spelled backwards is racecar. Racecar upside down is expensive.

Offline JGRacing

« Reply #17 on: January 09, 2009, 11:34:30 am »
I found something on Jayski about the lawsuit.  Just from looking at the new device, I am not sure how it is more similar that other devices like the R3.    

http://www.apexperformance.net/CartGenie/prod-1725.htm

Offline RickyBobby

• JM Motorsports
« Reply #18 on: January 09, 2009, 11:38:25 am »
The R# requires a different seat in your car since it runs down your back.  This is simular to the hans but the bracing is over your belts not under it so it is more comfortable. 

Offline RickyBobby

• JM Motorsports
« Reply #19 on: January 09, 2009, 11:43:35 am »
plus less expensive and comes with all the hardware

Offline Racinjj

• Steenbergen Motorsports
« Reply #20 on: January 09, 2009, 11:47:44 am »
The Hans also comes with all hardware, anchors and a special wrench.  Most dealers will install it for free as well.  I have done several and its really easy.  I like that the Hans goes under the belts, it allows me to really crank them down good without hurting my shoulders.
www.JeffSteenbergen.com

Racecar spelled backwards is racecar. Racecar upside down is expensive.

Offline RickyBobby

• JM Motorsports
« Reply #21 on: January 09, 2009, 11:58:27 am »
maybe dealers are putting together packages for the hans with the helmet anchors but the Hans rep at the Parts Peddler show even said I would have to buy them separate since my helmet did not come with them.  Also the hans goes under the belts , between the belts and your shoulder, the Defnder device has the bars above the belts so it it the belts that are sitting on your shoulders.

Offline VMS Motorsports

• Global Moderator
    • VMSmotorsports.com
« Reply #22 on: January 09, 2009, 12:05:55 pm »
Hmmm. Something must have happened, Innovate Safety Technology seems to have vanished off the face of the earth...I $mell an out of court $ettlement!
JIM BUCHER
VMS Motorsports
Worldwide Legends Parts Supplier
(262)255-7100
http://www.vmsmotorsports.com/

Offline JGRacing

« Reply #23 on: January 09, 2009, 12:10:08 pm »
I have an e-mail into the company to get more information. 

Offline RickyBobby

• JM Motorsports
« Reply #24 on: January 09, 2009, 12:36:55 pm »
I just called one of their resellers who said they are getting their shipment this week.  They were told they were updating their web site this week.

Offline bandostuff.com

• BandoStuff.com
« Reply #25 on: January 11, 2009, 12:33:55 am »
When considering a HANS don't forget the Sport Series.  It offers the same protection but weighs slightly more.  Instead of carbon fiber construction it is made of an injected resin similar to a bowling ball.  If turning your head is a problem HANS now has a "sliding tether" that allow you to turn your head much further than the standard tether.

We are a HANS authorized dealer and sell the Sport Series HANS for $695.00 it fits neck sizes 13 1/2" - 17"

A child size is available for &595.00 it fits neck sizes 11" - 13 1/2"

http://www.bandostuff.com/Hans.html
For all your Langacre & HANS needs-www.bandostuff.com