justfreaky:
This is your dealer in MI:
Michigan Legends - Spartan Speedway
Jim Leasure
spartanspeedway@gmail.com
891 North Cedar Rd
Mason , Michigan 48854
T: 517-244-1042

You might want to contact him and perhaps schedule a test drive. I am sure he would be more than happy to discuss Bando cars with you.

Steve

gmarti86:
Thanks. Just out of curiosity, what sort of work or maintenance needs to be done on a weekly basis?  I’m thinking if the motor is sealed then it significantly cuts down on what can/needs to be done between races. Asking since I know there is a lot of cleaning and tire work done on karts but wasn’t sure on Bandos. Do people condition or prep tires like in kartin?  Thx!

justfreaky:
You can not prep the tires on a Bando car (in rule book).

Clutch maintenance and valve spring maintenance are the 2 biggies. Nut and bolt checks are a must evry week.
When I get my other computer into my new place, I will post a checklist for you.

Steve

justfreaky:
Here is some good information to peruse from our good friend Ed.
http://www.bandostuff.com/UsefulLinks.html

Steve

gmarti86:
This is great information!!!  Thanks so much!  While I’m asking rookie questions, do you also happen to have a list of tools you take to the track with you?  I was going to buy a “travel” set of sockets and wrenches to carry on race days but didn’t know if there were any speciality tools that are important or helpful to have. Thanks again for all the great advice and links! 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version