Street Legal Legends > Drive Train

15" Wheels

<< < (5/5)

justfreaky:
LOOKING GOOD!
Does the added height help with you getting in and out of the car?
How has the larger tires affected the RPM?
Is the open rear end gear helping with the street ability of the car?
I think you mentioned that the headlights had to be at a certain height to meet requirements. They just seem to be floating in space. lol! Can you pull them in and down a bit when you make your Permanent brackets? I think some aluminum brackets with cool looking holes (3 or 4 of different sizes. Smaller to larger) would give it a real awesome hot rod look. JMHO.
The car is looking awesome! Can't wait to hear how the front end alignment works out!

Steve

El Gringo:
The headlights are mounted to the old fender supports with aluminum angle bolted to it to stiffen it. When I went to the bigger tires I had to raise the angle of the supports to clear, now they look a little strange. I'll check the minimum height again and figure out a different mount.

The RPM's have dropped a little, I still don't have a speedometer or tach but it is noticeable.

It is easier to get out. Getting in was never much of a problem. I don't miss the running boards, I was going to have to stiffen them if I kept them.

I don't know when I'll get the alignment, when I have time it is raining. The Patriot Guard went to a little town Saturday about 40 miles away. It rained both going and coming back. I had on my rain suit so I was not getting wet but I had trouble seeing through the windshield on my Goldwing.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version