Street Legal Legends > Drive Train

15" Wheels

(1/5) > >>

El Gringo:
Keep in mind that I'm driving this on the street and don't have to comply with rulebooks. I would sure like to go with taller, narrower wheels for several reasons. Raise the car up a bit and the stock tires are not available if you tear up a tire. Any wheel and tire guys out there?

justfreaky:
Dennis,

You can use whatever 13" tire you would like. We did have some engineering students that put 15" wheels on their auto cross project a couple years ago. As I recall, they had to make adapters to fit the new wheels. Check this thread; I believe it is on page 3: http://www.legendsracer.com/index.php?topic=2850.0.

Steve

El Gringo:
Yep, I don't remember seeing a 4 lug 15" wheel but I was hoping that someone else had. There are front wheel adapters for sale on e-bay but I did not see any for the rear.

RPM:
The bolt pattern is 4x114.3 or 4x4.5".

You should be able find a bunch of wheel options at your local tire shop.

Heck, there are more than 90 wheel listed on Summit Racing by the search of 15", 7 or 8" wide with 4x4.5" bolt pattern.

Plus, they are not going to have the vast selection of a tire shop.

Randy - RPM

justfreaky:
I don't know what stock Toyota wheels the college kids found to convert to the 15" wheels. They did, eventually, make it work.
I don't remember the bolt pattern (off the top of my head); But my 2000 Hyundai, Sonata, had options for both 14" and 15" wheels. Long story; But tried to find a 15" wheel for it while on a 3,500 mile trip. All I could find at the wrecking yards were 14" wheels. Bought 2 14" wheels and tires and put those on the back (front wheel drive car). Interesting, to say the least! But I managed to complete my trip until I got back home.

As Randy mentioned; There are options for new wheels out there. Going to blow up your budget; But I am sure there is something out there that will work for you.

Steve

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version