Street Legal Legends > Drive Train

15" Wheels

<< < (4/5) > >>

canuckmark:
I put "1987 Corolla GTS" into Tire Rack and the only wheels returned were 15" (3 varieties), pretty nice ones too. I did that because I could have sworn my neighbour (back when I was a kid) had an '86 with 15" wheels on it.

El Gringo:
Hi Mark,  I found a lot of wheels that would fit but not any that I liked. I want a set of Smoothie type chrome wheels and Randy has a set that he is selling me. At 72 I guess you could call me old school. I'm talking about back when the world was still flat kind of old.

canuckmark:
Ha ha no worries...yes, wheels is a very personal preference. Glad to hear you found a set.

El Gringo:
I got the wheels and they cleaned up really nice. I stopped at several tire stores last week and found the size 215/70/15 in a tread design and price that suited me, I took the wheels this morning and they had sold out of the tires I wanted and I'll have to wait until Tuesday. So I get to wait some more.

I found some open/un-welded 3.90 gears and the guy said he shipped them last Monday. If I had them I could get that part done, but I'll wait some more.

What really upsets me is I can remember when I was capable of planning things out. Now days I do one job then look to see what's next. If you guess that I do a lot of waiting, you are right.

El Gringo:
Update= the 15" wheels and tires are on, the shocks raised up, and the un-welded rear gears installed. It looks a little bit different, from the ground to the bottom of the frame at center of the door is 9-1/2"

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version