Author Topic: USLC motor shop and my story.  (Read 24798 times)

Offline justfreaky

• Global Moderator
Re: USLC motor shop and my story.
« Reply #30 on: February 10, 2014, 08:31:59 pm »
I have been a member of many sites over the past 15 or more years. They are out there... Just have to do a little research.
Heads up.... Some of the bike sites don't care much for what we are doing with these bike engines (regardless of make, model and size).

Steve
Better to be hated for who you are, Than to be loved for who you are not.

Offline openwheel4

« Reply #31 on: February 10, 2014, 08:32:48 pm »
You have a valid point. BUT until the racers that are unhappy ( alot of them) will band together and take a stand USLC will not doing anything, I think you maybe able to force there hand but itd take every single unhappy racer to do so.... I understand your point of view tho and i do agree esp  with the  break off series YES 100 percent.

Offline openwheel4

« Reply #32 on: February 10, 2014, 08:34:39 pm »
ha yeah well sometimes you take a nice bike an strip that motor out for your race car and leave a nice bike to rust away.

Offline justfreaky

• Global Moderator
« Reply #33 on: February 10, 2014, 08:45:05 pm »
I have been saying that for years. Legends racers (and even Dwarf racers) need to talk with the sanctioning bodies and get it together. I do give credit to INEX for having a set stardard that covers several countries. I chat with people in the Legends circles from 5 or so different countries. A National set of rules is all the talk on the Dwarf Car sites. As with Legends Cars; Not everyone agrees. Therein lies the problem. How to get racers and sanctioning bodies to work together???

BTW, USLC is the retail side. INEX is the sanctioning body. Operated (overall) by the same folks. I like to make the distiction.

Steve

Offline justfreaky

• Global Moderator
« Reply #34 on: February 10, 2014, 08:49:45 pm »
ha yeah well sometimes you take a nice bike an strip that motor out for your race car and leave a nice bike to rust away.

OR.... You offer those parts that you don't need to help recoup some of your expenses and help the bike purists resurect an old relic.
Not unlike building hotrods.

Steve

Offline justfreaky

• Global Moderator
« Reply #35 on: February 10, 2014, 08:55:19 pm »
My point...
As with sprint cars (or any other class or type of racing); Rules can vary from sanctioning bodies or tracks.

Steve

knoxracing

« Reply #36 on: February 11, 2014, 08:09:29 am »
We win with 1200's. A 1200 can not and will not win a National event anytime soon.

Offline riptide60

« Reply #37 on: February 11, 2014, 08:25:54 am »
A 1200 is more then capable of winning a national the catch is that USLC would not let that happen.

Offline IraceLegends77

« Reply #38 on: February 11, 2014, 10:15:00 am »
I wish they would lift the 165psi rule on the 1200's   
Scott Wilkerson #77   Vision Graphix Racing

Offline s10custom

• It is what it is
« Reply #39 on: February 11, 2014, 04:31:45 pm »
first, and fore most I believe you all need to start showing each other some respect rather then this  bullshit, smart assed responses to each other. It takes you no where . We all have our opinions and we need to respect each others opinion here. Nuff said.

Robert Weber

Offline riptide60

« Reply #40 on: February 11, 2014, 05:12:07 pm »
Scott. With you on lifting the 165 rule for 1200s. They won't for several reasons but what can you do... my personal 1200 I feel runs as good our 1250s just seem to have a little less torque but H.p wise there tit for tat.  Oh well a lot of guy win with both and will continue too.  -Rip

Offline justfreaky

• Global Moderator
« Reply #41 on: February 11, 2014, 08:41:31 pm »
I hate playing the "play Nice Kids" card. I am not your mother.
Since it's my job...
PLAY NICE!!!!
I have 1145 real members (39 pqges) to deal with and 54 pages of spammers (and growing daily).
I know everyone is ready to get racing again. For the majority of our membership, that is still a few months away.
We all have opinions about INEX, USLC, SMI, dealers, other racers, etc...  Our moderators do our best to balance that out.
Lets just please get back to the business (or hobby) of racing.

Steve

anything