Author Topic: USLC motor shop and my story.  (Read 24800 times)

Offline riptide60

Re: USLC motor shop and my story.
« Reply #15 on: February 07, 2014, 03:32:46 pm »
What exactly is cost effective from them.? They clearly can not build a reliable motor which is why very few want to deal with them forcing racers to run  there motor is pathetic.  Open the motor rule back up car count will go back up that simple. Bad part is majority of there customers don't know anything other then what that engine shop tells them and not one of them have any clue they barely slip by putting them together. They've had sleeve issues for years I personally had 3 new ones drop in customers cars sent back oh there's nothing wrong get them back still blowing out head gasket so I sent mine to a real engine builder needless to say we've ran 60 races on all the motors and still are strong. Ill stand by my builder and will not let 600 engine shop touch mine anymore. Everyone is inclined to there opinions right or wrong thats our god given choice. But I would say for the vast majority out there get rid of seals let racers go who they want and lets just race.

Offline riptide60

« Reply #16 on: February 07, 2014, 03:55:36 pm »
Also if your referring to me speaking bad of them I'm sorry you feel that way I'm only speaking truth from my point of view and experiences with them- rip to race

Offline Grape Competition Develop

« Reply #17 on: February 09, 2014, 11:00:34 am »
so wait a minute.......... this whole send the engines in and reseal them turned into a "sorry you need this done to your engine" sales pitch.  Hmmm shocking, can't say that i saw that coming lol.  And to sizing a piston at the top with a feeler gauge, are you guys seriously buying that these guys are professionals?  You do realize a piston is tapered from the skirt to the crown by as much as .005-.006 due to the extra heat and expansion experienced at the top versus the skirt..........

Offline justfreaky

• Global Moderator
« Reply #18 on: February 09, 2014, 08:03:40 pm »
Welcome to the world of silly season!
Yes, a subject has many different twists to it sometimes.
Most folks say what's on their mind regardles of the subject matter. It will take it's twists and turns. We try to keep things in check.

Steve
Better to be hated for who you are, Than to be loved for who you are not.

Offline VMS Motorsports

• Global Moderator
    • VMSmotorsports.com
« Reply #19 on: February 09, 2014, 11:43:18 pm »
Hmm. What's on my mind?
Popcorn.
I like popcorn.
Especially in the summer when you go to the festivals and they are making kettle corn right there in front of you and it is like 9000 degrees and the guy is sweating in the big copper pot your popcorn is cooking in.
That stuff is good
JIM BUCHER
VMS Motorsports
Worldwide Legends Parts Supplier
(262)255-7100
http://www.vmsmotorsports.com/

knoxracing

« Reply #20 on: February 10, 2014, 10:33:32 am »
I love it when newbies appear during a hot  topic, lol. Gee I wonder who is behind the puppet? USLC is as good as ANY engine builder out there. Here is what most fail to see. USLC is rebuilding 5 times the engines ANY builder is doing. With this said there will be 5 times the problems of ANY builder. So what happens? The builders that want the business runs around whining and pointing a finger every time the competition has an issue. The last thing I want to hear when I go to an engine shop is the damn drama and whining discrediting others. So get over it, it is what it is and its not going to change. Oh and my name and contact number is ALWAYS listed below, have a great day!

Offline riptide60

« Reply #21 on: February 10, 2014, 06:23:35 pm »
You dont have to be an engine builder to know the difference between a good motor and bad its called being a real racer. I'm not a builder I'm a racer but I do know my stuff and I know what is really going on. You could say i have a rat at Uslc keeping me dialed in. And I've only heard Uslc whine about the other builders and bash them.   The others builders dont need to bash for business.  

Offline riptide60

« Reply #22 on: February 10, 2014, 06:33:01 pm »
KNOX you want to continue Conversation further you can email me riptidetalk@yahoo.com

Offline justfreaky

• Global Moderator
« Reply #23 on: February 10, 2014, 07:07:35 pm »
Be nice kids.
I don't have the time or patience.
Humpy has been dead for a few years. Therefore, not involved. INEX requires sealed engines to be built by thier shop "only"
Open engines, different story.

Steve

Offline openwheel4

« Reply #24 on: February 10, 2014, 07:39:27 pm »
I must say this is very amusing.  As I do agree with riptide I'm not sure if it makes a difference pleading your case on here or at least to Knox.  As it seems that most everyone is on pace with the real truth I dont think it matters to much considering the USLC has an agenda to get rid of the other builders as I understand reasoning (greed)  I don't understand exactly why tho considering So many guys that are under funded and race on a tight budget would rebuild there motors an have a builder of choice do the head cylinder rods etc they can not do that now or at least do it legally according to USLC. I firmly believe what made this series great (which it is not now)  was the ability to pick your engine builder your set up guy your tire guy etc an try to have an edge and go race. Thats what makes racing great. I firmly believe USLC has gotten greedy and they will ultimately be the ones in the end held responsible for destroying the series as its already begun to happen. As with anything any thing in life you have highs N lows and  judging by the car counts  over the past2 years they have ddramatically declined and the common denominator is USLC SEAL PROGRAM forcing racers to use an engine built by them they don't trust and honestly doesnt perform an is extremely unreliable.   This is my opinion and I can say that this is the opinion of a lot of racers I know and have talked to aswell as seen post by on different forum's.  The basics work let the seals be A thing of yesterday USLC can keep doing motors for those that would maybe use them and lets get back to the headaches of the setup being wrong or getting crashed instead of how poor the engine product they put out is give the racers back there right to use whom they want. Thats my thought but I'm one person with a rational thought.   Destroy tires not the series

Offline justfreaky

• Global Moderator
« Reply #25 on: February 10, 2014, 07:47:04 pm »
USLC only builds the sealed engines. If you run an open engine; Use whatever builder you choose.

Steve

Offline openwheel4

« Reply #26 on: February 10, 2014, 07:56:52 pm »
Right but as it has become hard to find 1200 engines it makes that aspect tough.  Your not allowed by USLC  to use "1250 cases or heads"  on a 1200 when its a replacement product/part from Yamaha for both engine applications. And thats sad they will not let people use parts that are exactly same for both applications. And I do know that the other builders have there 1200 engines up to par with the 1250  now so there's really no advantage. Just be nice if the seals were gone you have tech to keep motors in check don't need seals for that.  Who knows what the future holds just hope its equality among all this because we all know its not truly working.

Offline justfreaky

• Global Moderator
« Reply #27 on: February 10, 2014, 08:05:49 pm »
Plenty of 1200's available on eBay, KZR and many other websites. I've even seen them for sale "cheap" on the Dwarf Car sites. All about shopping around and choosing your engine builder.

JMHO

Steve

Offline openwheel4

« Reply #28 on: February 10, 2014, 08:09:48 pm »
Steve appreciate the website drops going to do some browsing tomorrow on that note.

Offline riptide60

« Reply #29 on: February 10, 2014, 08:28:26 pm »
At least someone agrees with me or is willing to admit it. Steve your spot on I wish there was more 1200s racing these days as we have 2 they run great and win simple fact is if we run them depending on track and area we get harassed thru tech if we win Uslc wants that motor in the shop to rip it apart. Rumors of a break off series have been full swing for 2 yrs why hasn't that happened I know a lot of guys would go run. Its time for a change in some positive direction.  And I apologize if I come across rude to everyone. I'm not, I just feel I'm being honest.  Stuff happens but why do they continue (USLC) To be so difficult to deal with. My point is and solely has been Ignorance and greed. Everyempire in history has had a dramatic fall and loss of power well the time is over due here

anything