Author Topic: Welcome aboard Tri State Legends!!!!!  (Read 18884 times)

knoxracing

Welcome aboard Tri State Legends!!!!!
« on: December 02, 2013, 07:48:31 pm »
There is a NEW series taking over some existing race venues. Tri State Legends is a newly formed series taking over the racing action at several locations. Most notably would be Kentucky Motor Speedway, Columbus Motor Speedway and others to come. Running the new series will be the responsibility of Toby Alfrey.  Toby has been a long time Legends associate. Dealership, parts and more will be worked out in the near future. The Tri-State Legends web site should be available within  a week or so. This entire change is fully supported and was orchestrated through USLC. Buckeye Legends is looking forward to being part of this series and intends on fully supporting Tri-Sate legends, possibly incorporating some events we are planning into the Tr-iState schedule.

Offline VMS Motorsports

• Global Moderator
    • VMSmotorsports.com
Re: Welcome aboard Tri State Legends!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2013, 08:07:37 pm »
Is the FAST Midwest series no longer operating, or are they part of this group?
JIM BUCHER
VMS Motorsports
Worldwide Legends Parts Supplier
(262)255-7100
http://www.vmsmotorsports.com/

knoxracing

« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2013, 09:34:33 pm »
The Fast Series will no longer be involved with these venues, I do not know who technically owns the name so I cant honestly answer what direction FAST will go or if they would receive sanctioning for any events at this time. The Tri-State series has replaced the Fast Midwest Series at Kentucky and Columbus to date.  USLC felt it was time for a change in direction and this is the result. Barberton Speedway is in a legal dispute over ownership, if the track opens it could be the third track affiliated with Ti-State Legends.

BP28

« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2013, 08:02:34 am »
Sounds like it should be called the Bi-state racing series...

knoxracing

« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2013, 08:18:54 am »
The entire program is still being put together the series is and will not be limited to those speedways. These are the details I have as of today, I will be in Charlotte this week and will have more details soon. I know there will be a changes to the tech program of the series and as of now Mr. Alfrey is planning on paying a purse at all events INCLUDING Kentucky Motor Speedway. Good things will come from this change as it moves forward, again this is in the early stages so please give it time.

Offline Jones 25

« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2013, 01:24:25 pm »
All I know is that it (sounds) like there was more racing options last year. I understand being new and starting out. But sounds like its in favor of  Ohio or close to it. When it was ran by FastMidWest the best turn out for car count was at the Sportsdrome in Jeffersonville In and from what I'm hearing  looks  like they may not get much or none at all.  Just saying car count should be everything.

Offline justfreaky

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2013, 01:47:50 pm »
All I know is that it (sounds) like there was more racing options last year. I understand being new and starting out. But sounds like its in favor of  Ohio or close to it. When it was ran by FastMidWest the best turn out for car count was at the Sportsdrome in Jeffersonville In and from what I'm hearing  looks  like they may not get much or none at all.  Just saying car count should be everything.

Perhaps. There is still plenty of off season time to see what races get scheduled through this Tri State Series and see what happens with the FastMidWest Series.
Will be interesting to hear the news from Dennis, as well as any news from the FastMidWest folks.

Steve
Better to be hated for who you are, Than to be loved for who you are not.

Offline Jones 25

« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2013, 02:39:43 pm »
I do not want this to be taken the wrong way... But what does Dennis have to do with Tri state or FastMid? I just feel like info not coming out the correct way. Is Toby and Greg even talking to each other ? All drivers can do is check web sites. tristate hasn't got  one yet and fast not updated. So drivers are left in dark but yet we are already welcoming the new series???

Offline justfreaky

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2013, 03:11:14 pm »
Dennis is just passing on information.
Perhaps you should check with someone in charge of the FastMidWest Series and let us all know what's up.

Steve
Better to be hated for who you are, Than to be loved for who you are not.

knoxracing

« Reply #9 on: December 03, 2013, 08:16:09 pm »
Tri-State does not yet have there web site up and running. I have been ask by Toby to pass this info along on some social media sites. If you have questions its seems you could call Toby or if you prefer you could contact FAST Midwest. OR as all of my post show, my phone number is there to use. Feel free to call anyone. Again I am a Dealer in the State of Ohio, some of this venue is taking place in the state of Ohio, thus I should be involved. Toby Alfrey is set to run the series and possibly be a dealer so that he can support his series. There will be more info coming. Guys, be glad there is info at all and everyone is not sitting not knowing anything. Feel free to call me anytime!!!!!

BP28

« Reply #10 on: December 05, 2013, 08:07:04 am »
you said it best Dennis (TOBY'S SERIES), we appreciate the info that there is a new series!  But  maybe you should not talk about how much support your giving him, because we the drivers and team owners are the ones that will give the real support, with out us (racers) no dealers would have anything.  There is a very strong number of people who will be giving a lot of support, INCLUDING YOURSELF!  So why don't we let him discuss future possible race tracks, instead of trying to build you and your series. ( and I mean that in the nicest way).

knoxracing

« Reply #11 on: December 05, 2013, 08:42:14 am »
Done being nice! BP24    BP4 BPwhatever, post your name and number and I will call you and discuss this whole introduction of the new series. AT NO POINT DID I EVER MENTION MY SERIES> Go ahead and sign your name and phone number so you will stop bashing the messenger that was ASKED to post this info~ Unreal

Offline RACER17

« Reply #12 on: December 05, 2013, 04:00:13 pm »
 :) I for one welcome the change. Toby Alfrey is a fair and outstanding guy to run the Series. We needed a change and got a good one. If there is to be a purse at all tracks including Kentucky where did that money go in the past? From what I understand there will be races at Kentucky, Sportsdrome, Anderson , and Columbus among others. Thankyou USLC for the welcome change..

knoxracing

« Reply #13 on: December 05, 2013, 05:21:05 pm »
Ok, Tri State now has a web site!

Tristatelegendcars.com

Offline erich17

« Reply #14 on: December 05, 2013, 06:56:46 pm »
Would it be to much to ask if somebody will not add first or lastname that the IP address/IP address location can be requested by somebody on the board?  Let Toby prove himself as a promoter before bashing him.  I think he truly wants the best for Midwest legend car racing! This is coming from somebody that has had several no so friendly conversations with Toby but lets see if he gives the series a breath of fresh air!

anything