Author Topic: AS DELIVERED  (Read 25794 times)

Offline VMS Motorsports

• Global Moderator
    • VMSmotorsports.com
Re: AS DELIVERED
« Reply #30 on: March 21, 2013, 09:46:29 am »
Do you have an email from Scott you can post/copy for us showing the approval for the shaft support?
In my experience, that is the only thing that will keep you from being disqualified in tech.
Saying "I saw it on a forum" doesn't cut it, at least not at any tracks I've been to.
JIM BUCHER
VMS Motorsports
Worldwide Legends Parts Supplier
(262)255-7100
http://www.vmsmotorsports.com/

knoxracing

« Reply #31 on: March 21, 2013, 10:47:55 am »
There is another thread on steering shaft supports, slack11 made a shaft support that bolted to the existing column support, he was able to get it ok'd by Inex. Also the rule book does not state that the bracket has to be welded on, approval of a clamp on would come from Scott. AS I STATED, Scott will allow clamp on STEEL brackets, if you are going to use one I would send him a photo and he will either approve it or tell you what needs to be done. Its not rocket science!

Offline VMS Motorsports

• Global Moderator
    • VMSmotorsports.com
« Reply #32 on: March 21, 2013, 10:54:41 am »
Never said it was rocket science Dennis, just asked if you had an email from Scott, as that is the only thing that will trump the rulebook.
Someone just saying that something is legal, does not make it so, unless that someone is Scott, and it's in writing.
Just trying to help people out here, simmer down
JIM BUCHER
VMS Motorsports
(262)255-7100

knoxracing

« Reply #33 on: March 21, 2013, 11:09:37 am »
Simmer down? LOL I love that term, long slow cooked, not boiled or burnt just a simmered.

Just because Slack has an e-mail approving his piece would not make every piece legal. I stated that Scott is not against clamp on style brackets, this does not mean every clamp on bracket or fabricated part would be approved, i believe most folks on this board have enough common sense to understand this and I give them that credit when I am posting, lol.

knoxracing

« Reply #34 on: March 21, 2013, 11:12:08 am »
P.S.,
Just tell them Dennis Knox said it was ok and you will be good to go! Oh boy!

Offline slack11

« Reply #35 on: March 21, 2013, 11:17:49 am »
I haven't gotten around to emailing INEX yet, meaning to do it, just keep forgetting.....  This piece I made is just bolted on, so I can remove it pretty quick if they wanted me to.  I also was gonna post pics too, again keep forgetting.....

I'll email Scott here in the next couple of days and see what he says, I'll post that up here too.  (as long as I don't forget again.....)

knoxracing

« Reply #36 on: March 21, 2013, 11:21:03 am »
How many of you have seen these block adapter that folks are using on top of the master cylinder?  It is ALUMINUM and it replaces the plastic nipples on top of the brake master. Two types are sold, one that accepts one line and the other two lines from the reservoir. They are very popular in the south as I have seen tons of them being used, I questioned them and I was told they are legal, its not in the rule book. The interesting part would be the outcome  if a local tech dq'd a racer for this part, what would happen as Inex was notified and this became an issue involving Inex the local tech and the racer. This could happen with several parts being allowed !

Offline VMS Motorsports

• Global Moderator
    • VMSmotorsports.com
« Reply #37 on: March 21, 2013, 11:21:40 am »
I do believe you are now allowed to replace the bell crank with a bearing style alu. bell crank.

2 days ago you posted the above.
I sent an email to Scott about it.
He said they are not legal.
People take you for your word Dennis, as you are a dealer, and have more knowledge of whats going on down there than the rest of us.

All I am saying is that if someone has something that is not specifically stated in the rulebook, they should send an email to Scott to get an approval or denial, and keep the approval, if issued, with them in case something comes up in tech.

Go ahead and bash me now
JIM BUCHER
VMS Motorsports
(262)255-7100

knoxracing

« Reply #38 on: March 21, 2013, 11:41:23 am »
"Simmer down", Yes I stated that "I do believe", I did not say it was Inex legal or in the rule book.  I swear to tell the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the tuth, lmao!

Offline Legends57x

« Reply #39 on: March 21, 2013, 01:52:14 pm »
Dennis,

I agree with your statement that the ALUMINUM block adapter that folks are using on top of the master cylinder is not in the rule book and have always questioned what real purpose does it serve.  I can put the standard plastic style reservoirs on a car for $9-25 and silicone lines for about $10.  Last time I priced the aluminum block adapter with single inlet it was about $45 .  Then guys are adding a fancy aluminum aftermarket resevoir for another $70 plus a SS braided line.   Before you know it you have $125 invested in something that just feeds brake fluid to the master cylinder.  Yes, it probably more robust, but do you need it as it is not even in the rule book???

Just my two cents... ::)
Mark Ritger
INEX Legends #1x

knoxracing

« Reply #40 on: March 21, 2013, 02:08:56 pm »
I agree, I saw a fancy billet reservoir with a nice screw cap on a few cars, I  looked the brand up and it was $140.00. I know some guys are using the  aluminum block because they are using reservoirs with one outlet and the one style of block is a two into one adapter. We do not use these on our cars. 

Offline jim19

« Reply #41 on: March 22, 2013, 11:32:59 am »
It seems to me this is a little silly.... the aluminum blocks don't make your car faster or slow down better or weight less....so why bother......and they are NOT "as delivered" so as far as I'm concerned they are not legal either.

knoxracing

« Reply #42 on: March 22, 2013, 03:08:30 pm »
JIM19, I guess you have hit on exactly what I was trying to get at, why are some items let go and others are just looked over? Try being a Dealer and a carrying a tech lic., so many people ask me about these things and sometimes you just cant give an answer that makes sense.

Offline justfreaky

• Global Moderator
« Reply #43 on: March 22, 2013, 09:00:55 pm »
Alright kids... Play nice.
Dennis brought up the topic to see what people would like to see made legal or not legal.
We ALL know these topics stir up heated debates. I, personally, don't care to see them posted as often as Dennis seems to like to post them.
However, forum rules allow him to post these questions. It is up to ALL OF US to keep the topics civil. PLEASE remember to do so.

There are a lot of parts IN USE that do not seem to be "as delivered" according to the most current INEX rulebook.  I am not sure if these questionable parts have just become the norm or what.  ???  My opinion; Racers should have some kind of paperwork (documentation) to show that INEX has approved the use of any part that is not "as delivered". Not just one person; But everyone that runs a part that is not ACTUALLY  "as delivered". Either that, or INEX should ammend their rules to reflect the acceptance for parts that are not "as delivered". I see where it is confusing as to what is acceptable as to a replacement part that meets the "as delivered" clause that appears throughout the rulebook.

JMHO

Steve
Better to be hated for who you are, Than to be loved for who you are not.

Offline rsrr

« Reply #44 on: March 22, 2013, 10:09:54 pm »
Are cut tires "as delivered"?

anything