Author Topic: AS DELIVERED  (Read 25787 times)

knoxracing

Re: AS DELIVERED
« Reply #15 on: March 20, 2013, 08:55:22 am »
This is why I brought the subject to the board, good conversation and maybe some ideas. I talked to Scott about the clamp style steering bracket, he is not against a clamp style bracket, it has to be steel and can not have a bearing. This could be done without alot of work. Not much today is as delivered back in the day!

Offline Richie25x

« Reply #16 on: March 20, 2013, 10:08:40 am »
A properly designed and phased header, that fits...

I agree with this. bought standard header last year and the pipes would not even line up in the muffler and would not fit on the car at all.
Had to bend the snot out of the pipes to make it work and still did not fit properly.

Offline VMS Motorsports

• Global Moderator
    • VMSmotorsports.com
« Reply #17 on: March 20, 2013, 10:10:54 am »
The triangular plate on the shifter linkage. They make a piece that has bearings installed. This plate took out a bit of the play in the linkage. Many of us down here were running it until INEX said that they would penalize anyone using one. We all went back to the stock plate. Would be nice to run it.

From Scott Reinhardt this morning:

"Mr. Bucher,

No, the shifter bell crank with the bearing is not INEX legal.

US Legends has developed a better piece now (however, it doesn't have the bearing). If you call the parts department, they can tell you what they have on the shelf.

Thanks,

Scott Reinhardt

(INEX Executive Technical Director)"
JIM BUCHER
VMS Motorsports
Worldwide Legends Parts Supplier
(262)255-7100
http://www.vmsmotorsports.com/

Offline chadvarner85

« Reply #18 on: March 20, 2013, 12:10:51 pm »

Here is one I built over the winter... All steel

Offline Legends16

« Reply #19 on: March 20, 2013, 12:29:25 pm »
The triangular plate on the shifter linkage. They make a piece that has bearings installed. This plate took out a bit of the play in the linkage. Many of us down here were running it until INEX said that they would penalize anyone using one. We all went back to the stock plate. Would be nice to run it.

From Scott Reinhardt this morning:

"Mr. Bucher,

No, the shifter bell crank with the bearing is not INEX legal.

US Legends has developed a better piece now (however, it doesn't have the bearing). If you call the parts department, they can tell you what they have on the shelf.

Thanks,

Scott Reinhardt

(INEX Executive Technical Director)"

Thanks Jim. With the recent talks on here I was starting to wonder if they changed things.

On a different note the illegal bearing one sells fo $30 to $40. Inex is concerned about price?! Id gladly spend the money than have a shifting headache during the race. Id like to see items that improve the car from a functionality standpoint.

knoxracing

« Reply #20 on: March 20, 2013, 01:28:09 pm »
The bearing seems petty, it is a nice piece. As well as installing roller bearing in the steering column instead of a PLASTIC bushing.

Offline amp racing

« Reply #21 on: March 20, 2013, 02:28:54 pm »
i think that if the manufacturer of the bearing shifter sold them to 600 only, they might be manditory and then be called "as delivered".
jmo
joe

Offline VMS Motorsports

• Global Moderator
    • VMSmotorsports.com
« Reply #22 on: March 20, 2013, 02:48:28 pm »
I agree 100% on that one
JIM BUCHER
VMS Motorsports
(262)255-7100

knoxracing

« Reply #23 on: March 20, 2013, 03:01:16 pm »
i will say that USL has pretty much stayed away from the BLING items (not that the bearing is a bling item).

Offline Grape Competition Develop

« Reply #24 on: March 20, 2013, 03:43:07 pm »
I put in a bid on building the exhaust systems about 2 years ago.  We were going to fixture up the old standard head pipes in your choice of stainless or mild steel.  I got beat by china by $2 per tube....

Offline justfreaky

• Global Moderator
« Reply #25 on: March 20, 2013, 07:43:41 pm »
Chad,

Your steering column mount looks good.
Unfortunately, the way I read the rule, and have heard some discussion on, is that it has to be welded on. Cannot be bolt on.

Steve
Better to be hated for who you are, Than to be loved for who you are not.

Offline chadvarner85

« Reply #26 on: March 20, 2013, 08:12:27 pm »
This is why I brought the subject to the board, good conversation and maybe some ideas. I talked to Scott about the clamp style steering bracket, he is not against a clamp style bracket, it has to be steel and can not have a bearing. This could be done without alot of work. Not much today is as delivered back in the day!

Offline VMS Motorsports

• Global Moderator
    • VMSmotorsports.com
« Reply #27 on: March 20, 2013, 09:06:03 pm »
If it's not in the rule book, and you don't have an email from Scott, no matter what is said on a forum, its illegal, as shown with the bearing shifter ball crank earlier in this thread. Email the pic to Scott, and you'll have an answer you can take to the bank within 24 hours
JIM BUCHER
VMS Motorsports
(262)255-7100

Offline Aussi Allen 53

« Reply #28 on: March 21, 2013, 03:22:22 am »
Just quickly reading all your post I can see why we changed to the cars we run Aussi Racing Cars
1250cc water cooled from online 600
duel brake cylenders and bios front to rear
dick brakes all round with twin spot fronts
ventalated dicks front
yogahama Advan tyres
full aero front splitters and rear wings
red box is in the car all tidy
and we only run 2.5 gears so no need to change gear ratio
240km top end 130-140mph
duel wishbone front suspension and coil overs all round
adjustable height panard bar
not sure what else
Total weight with driver 595kg (new weight limit)
I refuse to grow up

knoxracing

« Reply #29 on: March 21, 2013, 08:54:48 am »
Yes if you are going to run a clamp style column support you will need to send Scott a photo and he will e-mail you either way. This is the same thing we discussed in another thread and approval was given for a shaft support.