Author Topic: Brakes  (Read 32140 times)

Offline chadvarner85

Brakes
« on: December 02, 2012, 02:27:38 pm »
Anyone heard any recent news on the news brakes?

Offline racerrad8

• Raduechel Performance Motorsports
Re: Brakes
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2012, 03:50:15 pm »
As Posted by Dennis on another forum yesterday;

"azbycxkkk   Sat Dec 1, 2012 2:17 pm

TYhe rear brakes are on hold. The fronts will happen in the beginning of the
year, I hear the car brakes a whole lot better."

I am not sure what the discussion is on the rear brakes, but they already have a rear disc brake package which are standard equipment on the thunder roadster.

Randy - RPM
Randy - RPM
randy@rpmracingca.com
2010 INEX/Intercomp Raceteam of the Year.
2009 INEX National and World Champion, Thunder Roadster.

Offline chadvarner85

« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2012, 04:09:16 pm »
Anybody have any pics of the proposed system.... Kind of curious of the quality of the parts

Offline VMS Motorsports

• Global Moderator
    • VMSmotorsports.com
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2012, 04:10:46 pm »
It's Wilwood, so it wont be junk
JIM BUCHER
VMS Motorsports
Worldwide Legends Parts Supplier
(262)255-7100
http://www.vmsmotorsports.com/

Offline JLowe18

« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2012, 05:15:37 pm »
I talked to a rep from Wilwood on Friday @ PRI and they did not know anything about an upcoming Legends car package but said that I was the third person to ask him about it that day. He did show me the caliper that he  thought would be the right choice and it was a nice piece. He said that caliper runs about $70/ea.

Offline VMS Motorsports

• Global Moderator
    • VMSmotorsports.com
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2012, 05:25:21 pm »
John Haggan from USLC says it's a Wilwood system, thats all I know.
JIM BUCHER
VMS Motorsports
Worldwide Legends Parts Supplier
(262)255-7100
http://www.vmsmotorsports.com/

Offline racerrad8

« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2012, 06:00:55 pm »
He said that caliper runs about $70/ea.

That is until it has the INEX stamp...

Randy - RPM
Randy - RPM
randy@rpmracingca.com

Offline justfreaky

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2012, 07:37:11 pm »
I have not seen a Wilwood caliper under $90 new. My experience.
I invite Dennis to please repost his original post here on the site about the proposed change.
To the best of my understanding, this is still in the works, and would be an optional change and not a rule.
As always, I suggest you contact INEX and let them know what you think (pro or con).

Steve
Better to be hated for who you are, Than to be loved for who you are not.

knoxracing

« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2012, 08:27:50 pm »
SORRY GUYS BEEN TIED UP. I was told last week to expect the kit available January or so. The kit was tested and I am told the car braked beautiful. It is Wilwwod, I am guessing arond $350 to $400. I promise I will offer a discount to anyone from this site, oh hell I will help ANYONE!!!!! They Are waiting until all the components are in and they want the quanity in stock to serve EVERYONE. THESE ARE NOT NOT MANDATORY!!!!!!

Offline Zero Hero

« Reply #9 on: December 02, 2012, 09:13:18 pm »
While they might not be mandatory, if you don't get them you will behind.....this "INEX"pensive class of racing continues to increase the cost of being competitive....sad

Offline Winterracing

• www.Winterracing.net
« Reply #10 on: December 02, 2012, 09:48:48 pm »
Good, i am alot more interested in spending money on brakes which will help me race better, then radios which really won't make a difference

Dan

knoxracing

« Reply #11 on: December 02, 2012, 10:29:39 pm »
These are being offered to racers in response to so many paying $800.00 plus for front brakes from others. Remember, the caliper on these cars is from a 79 celica, it will not be available forever as is. I think you will spend $350 or so and compete or be better than those with the existing aftermarket stuff.  To me more importantly, maintainingthis syatem will be ALOT cheaper than the current. You can still choose to run your current stuff, the new stuff will be as good as the aftermarket stuff, just cheaper. So if you like what you hAVE KEEP IT!

Offline racerrad8

« Reply #12 on: December 03, 2012, 12:24:40 am »
These are being offered to racers in response to so many paying $800.00 plus for front brakes from others. Remember, the caliper on these cars is from a 79 celica, it will not be available forever as is. I think you will spend $350 or so and compete or be better than those with the existing aftermarket stuff.  To me more importantly, maintainingthis syatem will be ALOT cheaper than the current. You can still choose to run your current stuff, the new stuff will be as good as the aftermarket stuff, just cheaper. So if you like what you hAVE KEEP IT!

Dennis,

I am sorry, I just to not see your logic. The truth to the matter is USLCI is loosing money on brakes and they need to get that money back into their hands.

Currently, you can rebuild a brake caliper for the price of a kit of around $6.95-12.00ea.

There are many other brake caliper & pad options out there other than the high end BM parts which are not required to be competitive. I have been doing it for years on both my cars as well as customer cars.

How is the maintenance of this new system going to by cheaper than $20.00 caliper rebuild or a $29.00 rotor.

USLCI is already making their own 2 1/4" caliper, so making a 2" or 2 1/8" should not be any issue.

Randy - RPM

Randy - RPM
randy@rpmracingca.com

Offline chadvarner85

« Reply #13 on: December 03, 2012, 07:47:10 am »
Well I for one welcome a racing brake system for a race car.

Offline Winterracing

• www.Winterracing.net
« Reply #14 on: December 03, 2012, 08:04:39 am »

Dennis,

I am sorry, I just to not see your logic. The truth to the matter is USLCI is loosing money on brakes and they need to get that money back into their hands.

Currently, you can rebuild a brake caliper for the price of a kit of around $6.95-12.00ea.

There are many other brake caliper & pad options out there other than the high end BM parts which are not required to be competitive. I have been doing it for years on both my cars as well as customer cars.

How is the maintenance of this new system going to by cheaper than $20.00 caliper rebuild or a $29.00 rotor.

USLCI is already making their own 2 1/4" caliper, so making a 2" or 2 1/8" should not be any issue.

Randy - RPM

I believe he was getting at this system being cheaper than another after market system

Dan

anything