Author Topic: Two way radio's now legal for INEX  (Read 38786 times)

Offline Silvertip

Two way radio's now legal for INEX
« on: November 30, 2012, 01:28:56 pm »
A buddy of mine is visiting the Racing Electronics booth at PRI racing tradeshow in Orlando and called to tell me two way radios will be legal for the Pro and Master's division for INEX nest year.   R/E is calling the setup the LEGENDS SERIES.  Apparently, this setup will still allow the race director to override all communications when needed.

Offline Silvertip

Re: Two way radio's now legal for INEX
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2012, 01:44:52 pm »
Here's a pic

knoxracing

« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2012, 02:43:40 pm »
Yes it is true! The long version of the rule I will have shortly!

Offline rob

• J & R Motorsports
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2012, 03:43:43 pm »
dont know what re will get for it. but racerceiver makes one that we used that was a spliter and fairly cheap.
came across this, can not find just the splitter on the sight.

http://www.raceceiver.com/Drivers/shop/legend-rookie-package/

knoxracing

« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2012, 04:10:08 pm »
As of this minute it is in the plans to allow two way comminication. I ENCOURAGE EVERYONE TO CALL USLC AND RAISE TOTAL HELL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
704-455-3906 ASK FOR JOHN HAGAN   OR EMAIL HIM jhagan@uslegendcars.com

Guys, rather you thoroughly understand what this will do to this port or not I tell you this is the BIGGEST MISTAKE USLC HAS EVER MADE!!!! Nothing good will become of this, nothing! you will have people teaming up on radios, dads yelling at kids and ALOT more torn up equipment. PLEASE PLEASE call USLC, call thirty million times! I will be at USLC 500 miles from here Monday morning.
Dennis Knox
Buckeye Legends
330-310-9212

Offline VMS Motorsports

• Global Moderator
    • VMSmotorsports.com
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2012, 04:14:13 pm »
Here is the Raceciever one, just $38 more that a regular Raceciever, and yes I have them in stock:
http://www.vmsmotorsports.com/apps/webstore/products/show/3543850

I personally don't agree with the rule change, couldnt be a dumber move in my opinion
JIM BUCHER
VMS Motorsports
Worldwide Legends Parts Supplier
(262)255-7100
http://www.vmsmotorsports.com/

Offline VMS Motorsports

• Global Moderator
    • VMSmotorsports.com
« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2012, 04:35:22 pm »
Keep in mind, the tracks have their own rules, so check with your track before purchasing anything.
I have a call in to Beaver Dam, WI, but assume that they will not allow it, as we can't run mirrors either
JIM BUCHER
VMS Motorsports
(262)255-7100

Offline Winterracing

• www.Winterracing.net
« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2012, 07:20:55 pm »
So now how much is that whole system going to cost?  I can see the advantages but i also do see the disadvantages, not sure why there only doing it in pro and masters though...

Dan

Offline VMS Motorsports

• Global Moderator
    • VMSmotorsports.com
« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2012, 07:33:30 pm »
I'd guess the Pro and Masters only because theoretically they have more experience.
All depends on what you want to spend, could get it all for under $200 probably, but could spend $2000 if you wanted to.
I'd hold off and see what your home track does
JIM BUCHER
VMS Motorsports
(262)255-7100

Offline Winterracing

• www.Winterracing.net
« Reply #9 on: November 30, 2012, 09:23:35 pm »
i've got a feeling this is going to be something more for the summer shootout.  Doubt we'll get it up here, we all run combined classes

Dan

Offline Legends16

« Reply #10 on: November 30, 2012, 09:54:17 pm »
For a series that prides itself on keeping racing affordable, I don't see the positive in this rule change. Just how will this make the legend series better? My 2 cents.

Offline phylzub02

« Reply #11 on: November 30, 2012, 11:22:45 pm »
here again they are trying to make this more safe and or more into the next phase and people are already bitching. if you do not want it do not use it !!!!as simple as that.. this is not meant for 10 year olds !!!!it is for the pro and masters divisions.people whom know how to do this type of racing.. if you would  just quit bitching and allow for the new things to come and race and shut up you might be getting somewhere !!!!!if you cannnot afford to go race to begin with why don't you park them and sell them to someone who wants new inovative things not the horse and buggy days...you probably cannnot even use a computer either !!!you are against that t oo.probably were against the raceciever also..JUST LET THIS NEW INOVATIVE STUFF COME AND SUPPORT IT OR GET OUT!!!!!!

Offline Legends57x

« Reply #12 on: November 30, 2012, 11:52:23 pm »
WOW!  After reading 'it is for the pro and masters divisions.people whom know how to do this type of racing.'  What is that supposed to mean?  I've raced Legends both asphalt and dirt for the past three years as a semi-pro and now I supposedly don't how to do this type of racing???  I'll tell you what, we race without mirrors at our local dirt track per track rules and I can tell you I have learned alot on how to race without them along our class putting on an excellent overall program of racing.  No mirror driving complaining after the races with anyone.  So now you say we all should buy two-way radios or get out, that's just not right.  I agree that if  someone choses to buy one, that' there deal, but since when do we all suddenly need two way radio's?   We can continue to race and put on a good show without then, can't we?  All rules changes cost everyone money.  Whether it's the new Wilwood brakes discussed previously or now two-way radios.  People need to respect their fellow competitors and remember that not everyone racing in your class is blessed to have unlimited funds.  Pretty soon a nice field of 16-20 cars becomes 8-10 cars as a result of constant rules changes and the class dies.  If people feel a need for all these technical advances, move to late models or something else where they are standard equipment.  Enough said....
Mark Ritger
INEX Legends #1x

Offline racerdad

« Reply #13 on: December 01, 2012, 12:46:13 am »
some times I think I would like to be able to talk to my daughter when she is racing. But in her 2nd race she was faster than a car but scared to pass I in the heat of the moment probably would have yeled at her. Now what good would that have done. At our track we race all together that would suck half the cars with radios and half with out.    Thanks cody

Offline justfreaky

• Global Moderator
« Reply #14 on: December 01, 2012, 05:36:35 am »
KEEP THIS DISCUSSION CIVIL.

As Dennis suggested, contact USLC and give them your thoughts (pro or con).

Steve
Better to be hated for who you are, Than to be loved for who you are not.