Author Topic: Two way radio's now legal for INEX  (Read 38814 times)

Offline VMS Motorsports

• Global Moderator
    • VMSmotorsports.com
Re: Two way radio's now legal for INEX
« Reply #15 on: December 01, 2012, 08:24:27 am »
I is not mandatory, nor necessary. Nobody has to buy radios
Its not being forced on anyone.
I would bet alot of tracks wont allow it anyway.
I know the Wisconsin legends racing Dirt Series will not, as Beaver Dam will not, and that's our home track.
RELAX!
It will all depend on what your track decides. Check your track rules, if they allow 2 way communication in other classes now, you will probably get to use it.
If they don't, you probably wont, which takes most dirt tracks out of the equation.

Personally, I think the class division is dumb, as there are brand new drivers in Masters, and guys with 10 years of  Midget or Modified experience in semi-pro, but it is what it is.
I dont think the local tracks are going to enforce the class rule, I think what Dan said about it being more for the NC races is probably right, but it will ultimately land in the hands of the track operators.
INEX/USLCi has already passed the rule, they are not going to reverse it
JIM BUCHER
VMS Motorsports
Worldwide Legends Parts Supplier
(262)255-7100
http://www.vmsmotorsports.com/

knoxracing

« Reply #16 on: December 01, 2012, 08:38:57 am »
Allowing these radios is a huge mistake. This is not Nascar. Properly using two way radios is a double edged sword. This will allow cars to team up, Angry dads and crew members will encourage agressive driving. The drivers in these cars need left alone to do what they are doing. Drive, not be driven. The cost is going to be way more than $200.00. Many racers have NO ONE to be on the other end. Is it fair for those that have no one there. I take three to four cars to the track, how does that work, i will look funny with three headsets on. Guys this is NOT GOOD! So your track does not allow radios, cool. All cool until you go to a national event and all these teams have and have had radios, bummer you lose. If you want to race on that level move on, that is the answer to innovation and allowing things to progress. Progress to another level!
Dennis Knox
330-310-9212

Offline phylzub02

« Reply #17 on: December 01, 2012, 09:32:57 am »
yes most of all it will be at the nationals  and any promoter that knows what is good for the sport..ILL BET YOU GUYS WILL NOT BE GOING TO THE NATINALS THEN???  GOOD....more real racing for the ones who want this and that travel  from their home track.but eventually it will be a thing that everyone will accept. ;
ii guess when you get your clocks changed over to 2013 then you will be able to race more safe and aware.some places they have race control trying to tell the racers how to drive and on and on. let the crew talk to them not some know it all !!!!!!they are for SAFETY......HELLO.......

Offline IraceLegends77

« Reply #18 on: December 01, 2012, 09:49:40 am »
We have ran two way radio's for years here in Northern Virginia. I came back to asphalt last year from dirt where we ran racievers and no mirrors. Blocking is not the issue here because blocking is a self correcting problem. If you block more than once I will correct it for you  ;) . Here is the problem with "most" track that run racecievers is that they do not have anyone on the radio that knows what they are doing. I know that that are places that do so I'm not starting a argument. On high speed tracks they are very useful and I would even go as far as to say they should be mandatory. I do like some of the features of this new radio with that being the ability to override the two way comms. to allow for quicker line-ups and such. Time will tell if this will work and as some have said it might not even be allowed at your local track. I do think that it is a little odd that they are only going to be allowed in the Pro and Master class though.
Scott Wilkerson #77   Vision Graphix Racing

Offline Winterracing

• www.Winterracing.net
« Reply #19 on: December 01, 2012, 10:56:47 am »
yes most of all it will be at the nationals  and any promoter that knows what is good for the sport..ILL BET YOU GUYS WILL NOT BE GOING TO THE NATINALS THEN???  GOOD....more real racing for the ones who want this and that travel  from their home track.but eventually it will be a thing that everyone will accept. ;
ii guess when you get your clocks changed over to 2013 then you will be able to race more safe and aware.some places they have race control trying to tell the racers how to drive and on and on. let the crew talk to them not some know it all !!!!!!they are for SAFETY......HELLO.......

What makes you feel the need to think your better then everyone else? I know for a fact there are several racers on here that travel to the nationals. I know myself that i'd like to eventually go to a race, but don't have a million dollars to travel. Yet we travel at times 4 + hours to a race in our tour. So i'm not a real racer?

Moving on, i believe yes, they could help with safety, yet they could become more of an issue. The fact i like of them is that if your involved in a wreck and don't know the extent of the damage to your car a spotter could be helpful. However i think before adding 2 way radios, they might be better off investing in a better scanner. Yes it might cost a bit more but my opinion is the raceievers are crap and always seem to fail.

Just my opinion,
Dan

Offline racertoms27

« Reply #20 on: December 01, 2012, 11:13:45 am »
I don't say much of anything on here, but I'm with Dennis on this one. A whole can of worms that doesn't need to be opened.

knoxracing

« Reply #21 on: December 01, 2012, 05:42:25 pm »
I really have no driven reason to be spitefull to anyone over this issue. I am a dealer and stand to make money selling these units. I oppose this because we are not professional drivers, we do not have professional spotters. This is novice racing, entry level, a mix of every walk of life, age and gender. Wide range of budgets and ability. These radio systems will likey have to be purchased through USLC, they will be costly. For what purpose? Those that want to team race,  dads can pressure kids even more to drive harder and be more aggresive. The alternative would be to allow one or two way during practice only with an innexpensive radio. Its like telling a driver to look beyond the hood, USLC needed to look beyond Charlotte, there are a whole lot more people that race every week throughout the country that this will not work for. I am a dealer, a promoter, drove for over 10 years, crew chief and car owner. I have travelled all over, worked with racers, track owners, parents and USLC management, with all this in front of me I am totally against this as a whole. My biggest interest is to see the Legend community stay healthy, see people race and be able to afford to stay in this, I have helped ALOT of people for free and extended discounts to many others. I AM TOOTING MY OWN HORN, I just want everyone to understand where I am coming from. I do not want to argue who is right or wrong, I just want what is right for the majority of the racers across the country.
Dennis Knox
Buckeye Legends
330-310-9212

Offline Legends57x

« Reply #22 on: December 01, 2012, 06:58:06 pm »
Dennis,

I know we may have disagreed on things on here in the past, but I agree with you 100% on this one.  This is novice racing , not NASCAR.  Thanks for the well thought out summary.

Mark  :)
Mark Ritger
INEX Legends #1x

Offline dcpainting

« Reply #23 on: December 01, 2012, 07:16:12 pm »
I was at pri show today and racing electronics told me they got approval Wednesday and put in pri Thursday  complete set he told me today is 900 total that's a lot to me same race ever just another hole on other side so inex can brake in  to talk anytime

Offline VMS Motorsports

• Global Moderator
    • VMSmotorsports.com
« Reply #24 on: December 01, 2012, 09:19:03 pm »
$900????
Damn, I bet you will have to buy it through USLC only then...it could easily be done for ALOT less, especially considering it is not actually a 2 way system, has 2 inputs, one for the tower and one for your crew, driver wont be able to talk to anyone from what I have heard/been told, Please correct me if i am wrong about that.
RE's 2 way systems are $900 with alot of other pieces:
http://www.racingelectronics.net/index.php?event=store&action=cfg&q=1&item=RE840&cat=motorola_systems
JIM BUCHER
VMS Motorsports
(262)255-7100

Offline JLowe18

« Reply #25 on: December 01, 2012, 10:17:05 pm »
I am pretty sure the helmet they had at the Racing electronics booth had a microphone in it. If you go back an look at the picture of the display there is a button to key the mic so I am pretty sure the driver will be able to talk.

I was also under the impression the system will be available through Racing Electronics.

The complete system comes with 2 solo 2's & that is $200 by themselves.

It not going to make much of a difference to  me. I have nobody on the other end to talk to unless I talk to my wife/kids!

Offline VMS Motorsports

• Global Moderator
    • VMSmotorsports.com
« Reply #26 on: December 01, 2012, 10:19:41 pm »
I am pretty sure the helmet they had at the Racing electronics booth had a microphone in it. If you go back an look at the picture of the display there is a button to key the mic so I am pretty sure the driver will be able to talk.

I was also under the impression the system will be available through Racing Electronics.

It not going to make much of a difference to  me. I have nobody on the other end to talk to unless I talk to my wife/kids!

Thanks, I stand corrected
JIM BUCHER
VMS Motorsports
(262)255-7100

Offline slack11

« Reply #27 on: December 01, 2012, 11:16:47 pm »
How ridiculous is it that everything has to be stamped "INEX" before you can use it, with a huge markup right along with it.....  I've said it before, the problem again is that the people  making the rules are the same people that will make money from this........   Want to allow radios, fine, but why do they need to be an INEX specific system??? Really loosing faith in the way this system is organized....

Offline Babblinb

• Smith Boys Racing
« Reply #28 on: December 02, 2012, 12:33:43 am »
Racing guys with mirrors at Elko was bad enough, you throw radios in the mix on a dirt track INEX is going to make alot of money on parts.
I'll probably have to bring my own friends!!!!!!

Offline IraceLegends77

« Reply #29 on: December 02, 2012, 06:34:28 am »
Radio and mirrors are not the problem. That is like saying guns kill people and spoons make you fat. It is the jackass's holding the wheel that are the problem........ :o
Scott Wilkerson #77   Vision Graphix Racing

anything