Author Topic: Where do you race?  (Read 14634 times)

Offline VMS Motorsports

• Global Moderator
    • VMSmotorsports.com
Where do you race?
« on: November 29, 2007, 10:11:00 am »
Just looking to get to know the community here, Where do you race, and what do you race on?

Me, our home track is Charter Raceway Park in Beaver Dam Wisconsin,  and I play in the dirt! ;D
We ran at Lafayette county speedway and Angells Park in Sun Prairie last year, and will be doing more traveling in '08

JIM BUCHER
VMS Motorsports
Worldwide Legends Parts Supplier
(262)255-7100
http://www.vmsmotorsports.com/

Offline thunder938

Re: Where do you race?
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2007, 10:21:47 am »
Northern Ohio Legends, We race at Barberton speedway, Lorain Speedway, and Midvale Speedway, and in the pasted we have raced at Painesville Speedway.

Painesville does not want to pay any class to race, the new owner thinks that they should not have to pay any class.  They GIVE the racer a place to race and we should be happy!@$%#

All these tracks are paved.  There is some talk that we may run one dirt race in 2008.  That should be interesting for all us in the club are pavement guys...

Dave
Dave

Offline VMS Motorsports

• Global Moderator
    • VMSmotorsports.com
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2007, 10:58:58 am »
If you want to have some fun, we will be doing a special show with the World of Outlaws Sprint cars in August (3rd year in a row). We  get almost double the car count, and alot of  asphalt guys come for that show. We had people from Illinois, Iowa, Wisconsin, and as far away as Texas for it last year. If nothing else, its awesome to see the big boys play in person!
Beaver Dam pays pretty well from what I've seen, $25 pit pass, $40 to start the feature, winner takes $250. Sun Prairie was a blast  and the track is a whole different beast than what I'm used to. I came in last and still got $50.
JIM BUCHER
VMS Motorsports
(262)255-7100

Offline JGRacing

« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2007, 11:55:23 am »
I'm planning on racing at Midway Speedway (Lebanon, MO) and Springfield, MO (both dirt), and hope to get up to Rockford a couple of times to race on the pavement.  A road course would be fun, but might have to wait on that.     

Offline LunaticMark

• You're not drivin hard enough if you don't spin it
    • Cnc Graphic design
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2007, 12:29:43 pm »
I'll be racing mainly at Las Vegas Motor Speedway at the "Bullring". But I'm sure I'll be going to Blythe, Havasu, and Irwindale.
Yes, I am a lunatic... but it's really fun!!!

CnC Graphic Design
 Vinyl Stickers, signs, decals, graphics, numbers
CnCgraphicdesign website
(702)685-7031

Offline VMS Motorsports

• Global Moderator
    • VMSmotorsports.com
« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2007, 03:13:11 pm »
Hey JG, are you guys having the Nationals again this year?
JIM BUCHER
VMS Motorsports
(262)255-7100

Offline RickyBobby

• JM Motorsports
« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2007, 04:04:38 pm »
According to the latest 600 racing magazine the Nationals will be in MN this year.  Closer to home for us Canucks.  It might be a Canadian invasion

Offline reitter28

« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2007, 04:24:43 pm »
08 will be our first yr in legends cars. ill be racing at barberton oh, midvale oh, and lorain oh...i think theres a couple races at the end of the yr in columbus. pretty excited...this winter has def been a long one already.
lancehooper.com

Offline JGRacing

« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2007, 04:28:47 pm »
The asphalt nationals are up in Elko, MN, but have not heard about the dirt nationals yet.  I went out to watch the Nationals at Midway this year and the track put on a good show.  Hopefully more racers will make the trip out for it next season, regardless of where it is.  It looked like they setup the track a little dry slick, so that should help out the pavement racers that have not done much dirt racing.  Harold who built and runs it does a great job so I'd love to have it back here.  

Offline VMS Motorsports

• Global Moderator
    • VMSmotorsports.com
« Reply #9 on: November 29, 2007, 05:15:17 pm »
I didn't make the trip, but 11 of our guys did. I will be there wherever it is this year...The wife already said I could...as long as she can come along!
JIM BUCHER
VMS Motorsports
(262)255-7100

Offline MegaMang

• Fits me like a glove. A very snug glove!
« Reply #10 on: November 29, 2007, 08:46:34 pm »
I'm a Cannuck, and race at Capital City Speedway in Stittsville, Ontario.  Just outside Ottawa, Ontario.  3/8 paved oval, not sure if it'd be termed low or medium banked track.

Mike
If it isn't fun, why are you doing it?

Offline RickyBobby

• JM Motorsports
« Reply #11 on: November 29, 2007, 10:10:12 pm »
Oh Mike.  Capital City I think would be a low banked oval :-).  It does have banking but not much.  Turn one has more banking than any other corner

Offline MegaMang

• Fits me like a glove. A very snug glove!
« Reply #12 on: November 29, 2007, 11:00:20 pm »
That it does, and throws you into the corner real nice if you know where to start from  ;D
If it isn't fun, why are you doing it?

Offline bback58

« Reply #13 on: December 01, 2007, 06:01:50 pm »
I live in Bismarck, North Dakota.  We are pretty lucky around here to have 5 tracks within a 125 mile radius where we get to regularly race and had 46 nights of racing on the schedule this past season,  with 9 of those nights cancelled by the weather.  My home track is Dacotah Speedway in Mandan, ND - a 3/8 mile high bank dirt track.  This past year we had 15 race nights scheduled.   Other tracks, all dirt,  where we race in our area are Nodak Speedway in Minot, ND - another 3/8 mile high bank track (15 nights scheduled - 125 miles away),  McLean County Speedway in Underwood, ND - a 1/4 mile track with long straights and fairly tight turns (7 nights scheduled - 60 miles away), Tri-County Speedway in Wishek, ND - a 1/4 mile high bank track with shorter straights and wider turns (6 nights scheduled - 90 miles away).  This track is just a ton of fun to race on.  An excellent facility with great food in a small town.  I was very surprised the first time I came to the track because I wasn't expecting much.  The last track on our schedule is Southwest Speedway in Dickinson, ND - a 3/8 mile high bank dirt track (3 nights scheduled - 120 miles away).  This is probably my favorite track to race on.  We also have at least 6 other dirt tracks in the state that do not race Legends, but I'm hoping that at some time we will get to put on some type of exhibition race at some of them in the future.   

Our local Legends dealer is located in Bismarck and most of the Legends racers in the state live in the Bismarck area, so Dacotah Speedway gets the best average car counts each night, about 18 - 22 cars.  Nodak,  Mc Lean Counthy and Southwest Speedways usually have 12 - 15 cars.   Tri-County Speedway averages around 10 - 14.  If you want to travel, you can definitely get a lot of racing done in this area.
Brian B

Offline VMS Motorsports

• Global Moderator
    • VMSmotorsports.com
« Reply #14 on: December 02, 2007, 10:20:21 am »
I had heard you North Dakota guys were strong, but wow, thats impressive.  :o
We are hoping to expand in that scope, but  it's hard t0 get started at some of these tracks that already have 6-7 divisions going..they just don't have the time to add us when the show is already pushing 11:00pm. Kudos to you and your group. I'll look you up if we have an off weekend this coming season, maybe I could bring a few guys down there to play
JIM BUCHER
VMS Motorsports
(262)255-7100

anything