Author Topic: Where do you race?  (Read 14631 times)

Offline bback58

Re: Where do you race?
« Reply #15 on: December 02, 2007, 11:13:38 am »
I hope I didn't make it sound like we have a ton of cars around here with all the cars at the various tracks.  Our guys do a lot of traveling and so it is pretty much the same guys at all the tracks.  I would guess we have somewhere around 28 cars in the state, which is a pretty decent count. 

I hope you can come to race here sometime.  Our dealer heard some talk about the possibility of some races being scheduled in NW Minnesota next summer in Glyndon MN I believe, so that could add some races where we could race with some new faces.  Hopefully that will come to reality.  I met the promoter of the Beaver Dam racetrack down at the nationals this fall.  He was handing out some flyers.  It sounds like they are pretty big on the Legends class.   It would be nice to get a chance to go there next year, but I am going to be changing jobs and I might have trouble getting time off to travel to the races.   If you think about coming this way, keep an eye on the schedule on my website as I keep it updated for all the races and shoot me an e-mail.
Brian B

Offline VMS Motorsports

• Global Moderator
    • VMSmotorsports.com
« Reply #16 on: December 02, 2007, 11:50:13 am »
No, I knew what you meant. From what I've heard, you guys, us, and Pennsylvania are the 3 strongest dirt series out there. Do you get alot of support from your dealer, or are you guys pretty much on your own like we are?
JIM BUCHER
VMS Motorsports
Worldwide Legends Parts Supplier
(262)255-7100
http://www.vmsmotorsports.com/

Offline bback58

« Reply #17 on: December 03, 2007, 06:52:23 pm »
We get a lot of support from our dealer - Ivan at Racer Performance Center.  I've only been in this 2 years now, but I believe he is most of the reason for all the races we have on our schedule - although there might be others that had something to do with it, I don't really know for sure.  I know Ivan is the person who brought Legends to ND.  He bought 10 cars and started out doing the rental thing at the track.   I've been friends with Ivan for quite a while and he is the reason I got into this and am having all this fun.   He helps me out a lot. 
Brian B