Author Topic: bolt list  (Read 20814 times)

Offline racerdad

Re: bolt list
« Reply #30 on: October 10, 2011, 08:12:04 pm »
does any one out there know of a part number for the calaper bolts at a part store? thanks cody

Hoopy_boy

« Reply #31 on: October 12, 2011, 05:44:19 am »
 I don't have my book in front of me (packed in my trailer from when I closed my shop) so if you are looking to find the application for the brake hardware, go with the '78 to '82 Corolla (standard model) for an application when looking them up at a parts store
 The calipers are held into the assembly by shims and are unlike, say a chevy of those years that use bolt sliders. You may be looking for that shim number instead, as that is what is needed in your extra parts box at the track  

~ Gimpster ~

Offline racerdad

« Reply #32 on: October 12, 2011, 10:18:36 am »
i was looking for the bolts that hold the calipers to the spindles. the ones with the tall head on them. thanks cody

Hoopy_boy

« Reply #33 on: October 12, 2011, 11:38:59 am »
 If nobody comes up with that bolt number, I'll dig out my old microfiche viewer and get you the Toyota part number. I have those old microfiche. Kinda busy packing for the Dirt Nats right now and shaggin in a little bit (I see I left a laptop logged onto this site while packing)

~ Gimp ~

igotmylegend

« Reply #34 on: October 12, 2011, 12:53:20 pm »
Just go get a allen head bolt and cut it down.

Offline racerdad

« Reply #35 on: October 12, 2011, 05:39:52 pm »
i wasgoing to just go to the bolt store but the bolts i have has a shoulder on it that centers the brake caliper. maybe it does not need the shoulder if not i can do that. thanks cody

Offline racerdad

« Reply #36 on: October 12, 2011, 05:41:16 pm »
oh ya good luck at the nationals gimpster!!!!!!!!!!!!!