Author Topic: Wow! A Must Read Post!  (Read 15140 times)

Offline VMS Motorsports

• Global Moderator
    • VMSmotorsports.com
Wow! A Must Read Post!
« on: July 07, 2011, 10:26:18 am »
Hello ladies and gentlemen.
I would like to start by saying this is purely a theoretical discussion, and there re no plans in the works that I am aware of.

What would make you travel further to race? Higher purse to win, or better tow money?
Would you join an INEX sanctioned (don't even start Gimpster  ;) ) tour if it had a decent end of the year point fund, but you had to drive further to race?
What would the dollar numbers have to be?

I'm just concerned at the direction car counts seem to be going, and the lack of new drivers coming in to the sport.

Fire away...

JIM BUCHER
VMS Motorsports
Worldwide Legends Parts Supplier
(262)255-7100
http://www.vmsmotorsports.com/

Offline Legend79

Re: Wow! A Must Read Post!
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2011, 11:52:11 am »
Do you guys have to pay to race? excluding your inex licience, like per meeting at the track?

Offline Winterracing

• www.Winterracing.net
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2011, 12:22:28 pm »
I race up in new england in the NELCAR tour.  We travel around to several different tracks around the northeast.  I enjoy the touring aspect since were not at the same track week in and week out.  I also enjoy the group of racers so i guess that would help.  We average about 20 cars a week so the car counts are good considering other divisions.  I feel we would maybe tend to travel farther if the tow money was better at some tracks.  The win money is great, but the tow money is what in the end pays for the gas. 

Dan
www.winterracing.net

Offline JGRacing

« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2011, 12:24:06 pm »
I just need a babysitter to travel.  :)  

Payout would help tilt someone who is already on the fence, but building some excitement about a special show or series would make people more likely to go.  Anyone who is in racing is not doing it out of a logical evaluation of the economics of the sport, but doing it because they want to have fun.  Everyone is sort of in a funk right now because of the economy and gas prices, so figuring out how to make it exciting to the racers would be more important now than in the past.  

Traveling is tough to do on a weekly basis, so a series that runs every 2 or 3 weeks and maybe hits a couple of tracks during that weekend might work better for some people.  The downside is that you might lose some interest from those people who do not have to travel.    

Offline VMS Motorsports

• Global Moderator
    • VMSmotorsports.com
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2011, 12:33:26 pm »
Do you guys have to pay to race? excluding your inex licience, like per meeting at the track?

At Beaver Dam, it's $25.00 pit pass (to race).
Minimum payout is $40.00
$250.00 to win
JIM BUCHER
VMS Motorsports
(262)255-7100

Offline Winterracing

• www.Winterracing.net
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2011, 12:41:03 pm »
Our Thursday Night Thunder races only cost us $8.00 to get into the pits,  but then again i'm not sure about the payout yet.  Well anyways since it is thursday i probably should get ready to go race. ::)

Dan
www.winterracing.net

Offline Legends57x

« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2011, 01:14:54 pm »
Jim,

Isn't the $250 to win at Beaver Dam based on a minimum car count of 20 cars? ???
Mark Ritger
INEX Legends #1x

Offline justfreaky

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2011, 02:07:32 pm »

Yes... There is usually a fee to race per night involved besides the INEX License. Usually around $25 to $50 US Dollars.

Steve
Better to be hated for who you are, Than to be loved for who you are not.

Offline Legend79

« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2011, 03:20:33 pm »
I take it by tow money you guys get a small payout for going to race? We dont have to pay to race on our ovals in the uk, as of yet anyway! Does your prize money come from inex? Or the track promoters you race at on that night?

Offline JC38

« Reply #9 on: July 07, 2011, 05:01:31 pm »
i would be all for a series, but you would have to get two or 3 races in a weekend and maybe do it every other weekend or once a month.  here in missouri we have plenty of tracks that are close that you can hit in a weekend and im sure there are some like that in other states to.
Justin Comer #38

Offline ethan54

« Reply #10 on: July 07, 2011, 05:22:01 pm »
I just want more tracks to run at..tipton being 4 hrs away is the only other choice and that's a pretty good distance to travel..Oshkosh, 141, Plymouth? and a few other tracks. What do we have to do to get dates at these tracks?? A payout maybe similar to Madison would be cool, would have to increase the winner payout though if it were a traveling race. It's a lot more consistent from 1st-14th. $85 to start..6th 2 weeks ago for me was $70 at BD. One of the main reasons we need more races is to hit the 20 race mark for national points. If we have no rain outs for the rest of the year i'll have 20 races in, which includes a trip to Iowa.

This is Madison's payout..

Place   Time      Heat      Feature
1      $25   $25              $200
2      $20   $20             $175
3      $15   $15              $140
4      $10   $10              $135
5      $5         $5           $130
6                                      $125
7                                      $120
8                                      $115
9                                      $110
10                                    $105
11                                    $100
12                                    $95
13                                    $90
14+                                 $85

Ethan Ross
Ross Brothers Racing #54

Hoopyboy

« Reply #11 on: July 07, 2011, 05:26:23 pm »

Would you join an INEX sanctioned (don't even start Gimpster  ;) )

Fire away...

LMAO !! I only read that now... Honestly I am not in the mood to even cut down INEX or 600 Racing, right now.  Still recovering from my little trip to the Emergency room after the 4th of July.

On Topic : To get me to travel I would need a sponsor to foot the fuel cost, or one hell of a big chunk of it. Second, I would need a guarantee pay for showing up. None of this 40 or 50 dollar crap eather. Low car counts means racing against Young Lions, Semi-pros and Pros. Too many idjuts out there to take a feller out from lack of experience that I would have to compete against. I've been around long enough to know better to go somewhere and come back with less than I had when I got there. I would have to walk away with around 3 or 4 hundered per race minimum or elase I stay home

~ The Fastest Gimpster on the Planet !! ~ hehehe

Offline ethan54

« Reply #12 on: July 07, 2011, 05:29:07 pm »
I just want more tracks to run at..tipton being 4 hrs away is the only other choice and that's a pretty good distance to travel..Oshkosh, 141, Plymouth? and a few other tracks. What do we have to do to get dates at these tracks?? A payout maybe similar to Madison would be cool, would have to increase the winner payout though if it were a traveling race. It's a lot more consistent from 1st-14th. $85 to start..6th 2 weeks ago for me was $70 at BD. One of the main reasons we need more races is to hit the 20 race mark for national points. If we have no rain outs for the rest of the year i'll have 20 races in, which includes a trip to Iowa.

This is Madison's payout..

Place   Time      Heat      Feature
1      $25   $25              $200
2      $20   $20             $175
3      $15   $15              $140
4      $10   $10              $135
5      $5         $5           $130
6                                      $125
7                                      $120
8                                      $115
9                                      $110
10                                    $105
11                                    $100
12                                    $95
13                                    $90
14+                                 $85

Again and i was just speaking for the WI Dirt Legends in this post..a traveling series in the midwest similar to the mid-am series would be cool. Payout would have to be guaranteed and decent if i'm going to travel 3-4+ hours for a race.
Ethan Ross
Ross Brothers Racing #54

Hoopyboy

« Reply #13 on: July 07, 2011, 05:47:54 pm »
It takes this ole prairiedog a lot more hours to get anywhere from North Dakota than 3 0r 4 hours. More like 8, 10 or 12 hours plus
Dang... then I would have to race against others who are runnin a version of my set-up LOL
In short... It would take a lot of persuasion of the green variety to get me off my butt and go a long distance to race... especially a tour. Like I stated before, a GUARANTEE or a contract to be signed by me and my attorney if a tour were for big cash

~ Gimp ~

Offline VMS Motorsports

• Global Moderator
    • VMSmotorsports.com
« Reply #14 on: July 07, 2011, 06:56:31 pm »
I take it by tow money you guys get a small payout for going to race? We dont have to pay to race on our ovals in the uk, as of yet anyway! Does your prize money come from inex? Or the track promoters you race at on that night?

Nothing from INEX, the tracks pay out.
JIM BUCHER
VMS Motorsports
(262)255-7100

anything