Author Topic: Tire test at ELS for new dirt tires  (Read 112724 times)

Offline IraceLegends77

Re: Tire test at ELS for new dirt tires
« Reply #30 on: December 23, 2010, 07:23:59 am »
I didn't find out anything last weekend about tires for dirt. Anyone else heard anything? It would be nice if we got something soon.

Scott
Scott Wilkerson #77   Vision Graphix Racing

Offline LJ81

« Reply #31 on: December 27, 2010, 02:51:40 pm »
I did hear from a "somewhat" reliable source that the decision is made to run American Racer. Compound and size no word yet. I hope they let us know soon. We're suppose to start in the middle of February here.
Lee Jordan
LJ Dezigns
Screen Printing, Embroidery, Decal Graphics, & Logo Design
803-329-8337
Check out the LJ Dezigns web for monthly specials!
www.ljdezigns.net

Offline IraceLegends77

« Reply #32 on: December 27, 2010, 04:42:45 pm »
I heard the same and sent Darrel a email to try and help push him along. It would be nice to get a couple of sets so we could do some set-up stuff and some testing once the snow goes away.

Scott

Offline IraceLegends77

« Reply #33 on: December 28, 2010, 06:21:28 am »
This is what I got back from Darrel yesterday. I asked if we had a tire and when it would be available.

Hi Scott,
I would not expect any dirt tires till late March.
Darrel

igotmylegend

« Reply #34 on: December 28, 2010, 08:09:39 am »
so lets hope that the hold up is so they can get us a good price.  ;)

Offline Vern Houseman

« Reply #35 on: December 28, 2010, 09:37:58 am »
so if they go with these new tires ? are the BFGs out >?
Vernon Houseman #20

Offline 01MRMTransAm

« Reply #36 on: December 28, 2010, 10:43:36 am »
This is ridiculous. We, like Lee, start in February. I'm not going to buy a set of uncut federals just to run just one race on because we're waiting on the sanctioning body to make a decision that has been looming for over a year. Yet they just decide to test the tires in November?

^I dunno why I said this, I know most guys share the same opinion and I doubt anyone at USLC cares enough to get on here and see what the racers think. Guess it never hurts in case someone sees it.

Anyway, that said I'm glad a good tire is coming along.

igotmylegend

« Reply #37 on: December 28, 2010, 01:03:34 pm »
can't you still run the bfg?

Offline IraceLegends77

« Reply #38 on: December 28, 2010, 01:16:49 pm »
I sent Darrel that exact question and hope to get a response soon.

Scott

Offline justfreaky

• Global Moderator
« Reply #39 on: December 28, 2010, 01:24:47 pm »
I know everyone is frustrated with the whole tire issue, especially you dirt guys.  I think it's time to bombard INEX with emails, phone calls and/or letters for a decision on the dirt tire issue. At least force them to make a decision on the BFGs and let the guys with Federals know what will be up with those tires. The issue is with INEX and not USLC at this point. Take the arguement to the people that make the rules and let them know your thoughts and concerns.

Steve
Better to be hated for who you are, Than to be loved for who you are not.

Offline Racinjj

• Steenbergen Motorsports
« Reply #40 on: December 28, 2010, 04:05:30 pm »
Darrel has said repeatedly that you will be able to use the BFG tires this year.  Our local track said they will go unsanctioned if they forced racers to buy new tires and not allow the BFGs.  This could get interesting.
www.JeffSteenbergen.com

Racecar spelled backwards is racecar. Racecar upside down is expensive.

igotmylegend

« Reply #41 on: December 28, 2010, 05:13:29 pm »
This is going to suck, i don't have a set of BFG. And i'm not buying any with the thought of a new tire coming out.

Offline IraceLegends77

« Reply #42 on: December 28, 2010, 06:30:58 pm »
Darrel wrote me back about the tires, This is what he said, so Jeff is correct. I do think once the new tires are out you will have to buy some to be competitive.

Yes BFG's will be OK, in fact I plan on letting BFG's run all year if needed.
Darrel

Offline 01MRMTransAm

« Reply #43 on: December 28, 2010, 07:21:49 pm »
I got the same basic response from Darrel. I don't have a problem at all buying 4 tires, the thing I have a problem with is that even though this has been known for a year, now that the new season is here, INEX is surprised that we need a tire.

Justin

Offline JC38

« Reply #44 on: December 28, 2010, 10:26:07 pm »
Well im going to be racing in feb, and i ran the federals are last race in Nov after i finally got the right rear to hold air on a beadlock.  I have been told they are going to switch tires to the American Racer but there are trying to figure out thr hardness of the tire.  to be honest im glad they are actually trying to get us are own tire, but im also pissed because they told us in Missouri before nationals that the fed tires are what we are running in 2011. So about 12 or 13 of us bought a whole set and now they are planning on switching, so basically i spent $400 bucks for tires to run les then 5 races on them. INEX  needs to run there operation alittle bit better and figure out what the hell there doing, and stop worrying about there little midget sprint car they made for dirt. And if anybody wants to know how i got the beadlock to seal just let me know. I just unloaded it out of the trailer Sunday and it only dropped a pound and half since i raced it the weekend of  Thanksgiving, and we have had some cold nights  here.
Justin Comer #38

anything