Author Topic: Information on Dirt Nationals  (Read 80842 times)

Offline VMS Motorsports

• Global Moderator
    • VMSmotorsports.com
Re: Information on Dirt Nationals
« Reply #30 on: October 13, 2010, 12:17:19 pm »
See you tomorrow night Scott, though not for long.
Leaving here at 5am tomorrow so it'll be early to bed for my niece (pit crew)  and I
JIM BUCHER
VMS Motorsports
Worldwide Legends Parts Supplier
(262)255-7100
http://www.vmsmotorsports.com/

Offline VMS Motorsports

• Global Moderator
    • VMSmotorsports.com
« Reply #31 on: October 13, 2010, 12:26:23 pm »
Thanks Steve and we will keep you posted. As for the tires I didn't know that you could run federals. I do know that the BFG's have to be run with the white letters out. I talked with Darrel a while back and he said that they were trying the Federals with two groves around the center of the tires and running them backwards. I will say this though, this is the time (the Nationals) to let USLC know that we want a TRUE dirt tire. If we stic togeter as a group and let them know we might get a good tire for next year. OK I'm the soap box and really looking forward to meeting and makeing new friends here at Springfield. See ya soon.

Scott

It says on the front page of the USLC webpage that the
 "BFG or Federal tires will be allowed mounted in either direction"
JIM BUCHER
VMS Motorsports
(262)255-7100

Offline IraceLegends77

« Reply #32 on: October 14, 2010, 07:51:42 am »
Got here at Springfield yesterday and the track looks like it is going to be a lot of fun. It was still unturned from last week’s racing and I have to tell you, it looked like it was really rough. I’m hoping that they just had some moister or that it had some heavy big cars last week. If they get this track right it could be as much fun as one could have with your cloths on…..LOL. I didn’t make it to the fuel spot yesterday but one of the North Dakota driver said that they only had regular and super which was on 87 octane and 10% ethanol. I might wait until they are sure that is the fuel that we are going to run. Best of all it is practice day and I can’t wait to get some track time. I will update more later today.

Scott
Scott Wilkerson #77   Vision Graphix Racing

Offline JGRacing

« Reply #33 on: October 14, 2010, 10:29:48 am »
If you have some time to kill down there, check out the giant Bass Pro Shop.  It is pretty cool.  Also for history buffs, Wilson's Creek Battlefield is a short drive from town.   

The track took a lot of abuse but was still pretty good last weekend.  In the link I posted with the pictures from last weekend, you can see how it progressed during the day and evening.  Jerry will make sure that you guys have a good track.       

Offline IraceLegends77

« Reply #34 on: October 14, 2010, 04:08:12 pm »
As of now the track is looking good. Jerry is a real nice guy and he is taking good care of us. Tech starts at 4pm local and practice at 6:30. The car count is low right now and hope more coming. I will post more as the day gets going.

Scott

Offline IraceLegends77

« Reply #35 on: October 14, 2010, 11:22:51 pm »
Well, first day of practice is done and the car seems OK. The track got very dry slick. There was lots of spins (I had a couple) but only one car got in the wall from what I saw. I was really busy so don’t have much of a update. There was no transponder so only times we got were from a stopwatch.
Scott

Gimpster

« Reply #36 on: October 15, 2010, 01:10:58 am »
 Keep an eye on Cameron's channel on you tube
He normally posts in car vids

http://www.youtube.com/user/camds8

LOL one of the guys that helped me when I raced mini sprints helped out Cameron on the Minot Air Force Base
I'm not taking any credit there, just for the record, because Rickster didn't know everything I do to my cars......

Also, I shut down my message board from a rash of negativity and haters I was recieving messages from. That board is no longer on the net

Enjoy and hope to see ya around

~ Gimpster~

Offline JGRacing

« Reply #37 on: October 15, 2010, 01:42:42 pm »
Thanks for the video link.  Makes almost feel like I am there.   :)

Gimpster

« Reply #38 on: October 15, 2010, 10:40:12 pm »
 Cameron said the track is nice than 99% of the surfaces they raced on all year... keep up to date on the link to his you tube site for current races as he posts them

~ Gimpster ~

Offline justfreaky

• Global Moderator
« Reply #39 on: October 16, 2010, 06:06:40 am »
Scott,

Any updates or thoughts on last nights heat races?

Steve
Better to be hated for who you are, Than to be loved for who you are not.

Offline VMS Motorsports

• Global Moderator
    • VMSmotorsports.com
« Reply #40 on: October 16, 2010, 09:04:25 am »
I for one, am making no comment on anything that has gone on here.
Never seen anything like it in my life.

The track surface itself is nice though.
JIM BUCHER
VMS Motorsports
(262)255-7100

Offline IraceLegends77

« Reply #41 on: October 16, 2010, 09:35:40 am »
I think what Jim is trying to say nicely is Darrel and Scott are really screwed up. We had practice and then qualifying and most of it went OK. When we got done with qualifying they never posted any times??? While we are standing waiting for sometimes they tell us to just go get strapped in and go to the staging area and they would line us up there. When we got there they had no clue who went where. I don’t know for sure but I’m not sure they got any times from qualifying. I will put it this way we went to bed last night and never saw any times from qualifying. They heats went off but the S/P there was 6 cars in heat one. 8 cars in heat two and 4 cars in heat three. To say there was some logistic issues would be an understatement.
As for me I was in heat two and started 6th and made it to the front and won. I can only hope my day goes as good as yesterday. There was a lot of equipment torn up yesterday. I will try and post a line up when we get one.

Scott

Offline Racinjj

• Steenbergen Motorsports
« Reply #42 on: October 16, 2010, 09:52:52 am »
I have been fighting electrical issues since we arrrived and have almost no practice.  Finally figure it out last night right before qualifying, 2 spark plug boots had cuts in them.  I went out and set fast time and the car is great.  Spun myself in the and got the RF tore off, its fixed and I will be ready to go.

The management of this race is horrib le, I hope they get things straightened out tonight.
www.JeffSteenbergen.com

Racecar spelled backwards is racecar. Racecar upside down is expensive.

Offline justfreaky

• Global Moderator
« Reply #43 on: October 16, 2010, 10:38:19 pm »
Sounds like a mess.

Congratulations on your heat race win Scott!

Congratulations to Jeff on fast time!

Steve
Better to be hated for who you are, Than to be loved for who you are not.

Offline IraceLegends77

« Reply #44 on: October 17, 2010, 08:36:53 pm »
On my way home give me a day or two to get a good post but I finished 3rd so it was a good weekend.

Scott

anything