Author Topic: Information on Dirt Nationals  (Read 80745 times)

Offline JGRacing

Information on Dirt Nationals
« on: October 05, 2010, 02:40:39 pm »
Here is some information from Southwest Missouri Racing.com on the nationals weekend.  Not sure if this schedule is correct, or the one previously sent out where gates open at 8 AM.  You may want to verify times if you are headed down for the race.   

http://www.southwestmissouriracing.com/Forums/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=26888

Springfield,Mo.-
Springfield Raceway officials announced today that Neosho based SafeRacer.com has signed on to sponsor the Legend Cars Dirt Nationals at the Springfield Raceway. Legend Car teams from all over the country will emerge to the Ozarks for the 14th Running of the SafeRacer.com Legend Dirt Nationals on October 14th- 16th. LegendCars launched the careers of NASCAR stars Dale Earnhardt Jr., Kurt Busch, Kyle Busch, Reed Sorenson, David Regan and Joey Logano. Legend Cars are 5/8 scale racecars with fiberglass bodies that resemble 30’s – 40’s style coupes and sedans and are powered by 1,200cc Yamaha motorcycle engines.. Earlier this year Z-Max put up $1,000,000 in prize money for the Legend Cars at Charlotte Motor Speedway.These cars are spec cars that can race either Dirt or Asphalt with no major changes.

This will be the 1st time ever for SpringfieldRaceway to host this high profile event as over 60 plus teams from all over are expected to compete.SpringfieldRaceway races legends weekly with an average of over 16 cars competing and excellent side by side action.This will be the 3rd time Missouri has hosted the DirtCar Nationals as LucasOil Speedway in Wheatland and MidwaySpeedway in Lebanon have also played host.Last season the event was held at Ray Everham's dirt track.Classes competing in the Legends division will be Young-Lions,Semi-Pro,Masters and Pro division.Legends compete weekly at the Quick-Quarter and provide 2-3 wide racing.Springfield's Jason Rayle won the 2009 track championship while Joplin's Justin Comer took home the honors for 2010

SafeRacer.Com in Neosho,Missouri the Sponsor for the event is the internet's number 1 source for Racing Safety Equipment.The large storeroom in Neosho( 27,000 Square Foot Facility) can get you your gear quickly and at the lowest price available and offer Free Shipping for purchases over $99.They carry over $1,000,000 of product in inventory.You can contact them at info@saferacer.com or visit the Website at WWW.Saferacer.Com

This Special event will start on Thursday Evening October 14th with an open practice night for not only LegendCars but also any oval track cars.Tenative plans at this time also include a media event and possibly a Media race.

Pitgates open on Thursday at 4PM with an open practice to any cars any classes from 6-8:30.Pitpasses on Thursday evening will be $15

Friday Evening October 15th will feature Qualifying events and Races for the Legends along with a full program of Area FactoryStocks and MidWest Modifieds.Pitgates open Friday evening at 4PM with hotlaps starting for the legends at 5:45 and local classes to follow.heat races begin at 7PM and pitpasses are $30.This will mark the first visit this season by the area FactoryStocks and they will compete in a $300 to win feature and $40 to start the main event.Raceceivers are recommended.Midwest Modz will compete in a $125 to win feature while it will pay $30 to start

Sat Night October 16th will feature the final events for the LegendCars and the Championship features along with full programs for SportModifieds and PureStocks.Sat the Pitgates open at 1:15 with hotlaps to begin at 4PM.Heat races will begin at 5PM.The SportMods will battle it out in a $300 to win and $40 to start feature while the PureStocks go wheel to wheel in a $100 to win and $30 to start feature.PitPasses will be $30 on Sat.

More information on the SpringfieldRaceway can be found by visiting the website at WWW.SpringfieldRaceway.Com or contacting Jerry Hoffman at 417-673-7426

Offline VMS Motorsports

• Global Moderator
    • VMSmotorsports.com
Re: Information on Dirt Nationals
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2010, 05:58:32 pm »
Well, thats completely different than what Darrel Krentz emailed me  ???
JIM BUCHER
VMS Motorsports
Worldwide Legends Parts Supplier
(262)255-7100
http://www.vmsmotorsports.com/

Gimpster

« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2010, 11:02:15 pm »
 The big nationals  for Legends yet a sideline show for other classes
hmmmm
treated like dirt.... wait a minute, this is dirt life

~ Gimpster ~

Offline Vern Houseman

« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2010, 05:45:30 am »
Wow this sucks...... Im already not liking this place ,why are they running other classes ?
Vernon Houseman #20

Offline VMS Motorsports

• Global Moderator
    • VMSmotorsports.com
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2010, 08:03:53 am »
From what the rumored cost is to pay 600/USLC to host the Nationals, they probably need to make every penny they can. Surprised theres not more on the schedule
JIM BUCHER
VMS Motorsports
(262)255-7100

Offline IraceLegends77

« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2010, 09:16:08 am »
The Nationals at Big Diamond were the best over the last four years. They had a bomber race but it was after everything was done. It was also by far the best surface that I have ever raced on. Hope this year doesn't turn in to a "oh and the Legends are here too" kind of thing.

Scott
Scott Wilkerson #77   Vision Graphix Racing

Offline Vern Houseman

« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2010, 09:36:11 am »
Well if they couldnt afford it,shouldnt have had it there.you know now the legeds will be the side show,as at everyother race track.
Vernon Houseman #20

Offline JGRacing

« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2010, 12:24:51 pm »
Midway Speedway a few years ago had a couple of local classes along with the nationals races.  I was in the stands as a fan for that one and it would have been a pretty short night with just the legends features.  In my opinion, if a couple of local classes get smore people in the seats that would not have gone to a legends only race and help cover part of the cost, where is the problem?  Track prep has been good when I have been there, so I would not be too worried about it getting torn up by the other classes.  Nothing in this makes me think that the legends cars are the support class for the modifieds and street stocks.  The promoter/owner of the track is a fan of the legends cars so he is not going to take on the nationals then try to overshadow it with B-mods and street stocks.  Wish that I was able to make it this year.         

Offline IraceLegends77

« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2010, 01:19:23 pm »
The problem has been in the past is running classes and the track gets worn out or rutted up. I have no problem that a track owner makes money because if he didn't we would be there at all. It is just that this is “the” Nationals and would like to have the track to be in good shape for racing. I hope the track is as everyone has said and we will have fun. Hell for that matter we will have no matter what. See you all there.

Scott

Offline VMS Motorsports

• Global Moderator
    • VMSmotorsports.com
« Reply #9 on: October 06, 2010, 01:39:45 pm »
Fams arent going to pay to come see a Legends event, particularly one that the sanctioning body does nothing to promote. They have to have other classes to get people in the front gate.
The schedule I got from Darrel had us running first each night, so track condition shouldn't be an issue
JIM BUCHER
VMS Motorsports
(262)255-7100

Offline Vern Houseman

« Reply #10 on: October 06, 2010, 03:28:03 pm »
I guees it all comes down to ? it is what it is......and all we can do is make the best of it.Hell anything would be better then last years track.We are leaving tuesday so i guees we will see you guys when we get there .
Vernon Houseman #20

Offline VMS Motorsports

• Global Moderator
    • VMSmotorsports.com
« Reply #11 on: October 06, 2010, 04:46:37 pm »
Its only 10 hours for me, so we're leaving at 5am Thursday morning.
We all have to race on the same track, so for better or worse, you're right, it is what it is.
Luckily I missed last year
JIM BUCHER
VMS Motorsports
(262)255-7100

Offline IraceLegends77

« Reply #12 on: October 07, 2010, 07:19:58 am »
Well, the good news is the weather looks good as of now. I'm leaving Monday and taking my time because I'm a one man show and if I get there early I have family in town. I look forward to meeting everyone and some good racing. I have as much fun meeting everyone as I do racing (at least that is what I tell myself....LOL). If I miss someone, stop by my motorhome and drink a cold one to say hi. Really looking forward to this year. Seeya there.

Scott #77

Offline IraceLegends77

« Reply #13 on: October 08, 2010, 12:12:31 pm »
Has anyone heard where we are suppost to buy fuel at in Springfield?

Scott

Offline VMS Motorsports

• Global Moderator
    • VMSmotorsports.com
« Reply #14 on: October 09, 2010, 01:16:44 pm »
I haven't found anything yet. Hopefully they let us know before Thursday
JIM BUCHER
VMS Motorsports
(262)255-7100