Author Topic: Information on Dirt Nationals  (Read 83970 times)

Offline IraceLegends77

Re: Information on Dirt Nationals
« Reply #45 on: October 17, 2010, 08:52:55 pm »
If anyone has any video please post. Thanks

Scott
Scott Wilkerson #77   Vision Graphix Racing

Offline Racinjj

• Steenbergen Motorsports
« Reply #46 on: October 17, 2010, 09:24:42 pm »
The Nationals didn't go quite as planned but I qualified fastest out of 61 cars.  Spun in my heat and got hit and wrecked the RF suspension.   In the feature I started 5th and couldn't get much done on top or bottom then got punted, spun in the air and managed to recover but was last.   Worked back up to 7th at the end and the car has almost no damaged despite being spun in front of a pack of cars.  The track was black and slick, where I come from it was horrible, but maybe the southern boys like that kind of thing.  Hopefully next year they find a track that is ready to host a national event.
www.JeffSteenbergen.com

Racecar spelled backwards is racecar. Racecar upside down is expensive.

Offline justfreaky

• Global Moderator
« Reply #47 on: October 17, 2010, 09:31:01 pm »
Gimpster posted these results on his facebook. I think they were from the heat races.

Masters = Tim Brockhouse
Pro = Donavin Wiest
Semi Pro = Grant Greenfield

CONGRATULATIONS Grant!!!

Steve
Better to be hated for who you are, Than to be loved for who you are not.

FFmedic

« Reply #48 on: October 17, 2010, 09:52:43 pm »
Congrats to Donavin Wiest!!!   He won the Natl Pro points title, the Pro race of champions, and the Pro Feature!!!!  Clean sweep!!  Wish I coulda been there to race with you all, woulda been fun.

Joe

Gimpster

« Reply #49 on: October 17, 2010, 10:10:54 pm »
If anyone has any video please post. Thanks

Scott

Cameron Sogge is downloading the vids on his You Tube site... says he has a lot to download (most of the nats) and just returned home. Keep an eye on this channel for updated vids http://www.youtube.com/user/camds8

Gimpster

Offline Racinjj

« Reply #50 on: October 18, 2010, 07:37:27 am »
Steve, Grant had a very good run and finished 4th.
www.JeffSteenbergen.com

Offline JGRacing

« Reply #51 on: October 18, 2010, 10:35:48 am »
Are the full results posted anywhere? 

Offline VMS Motorsports

• Global Moderator
    • VMSmotorsports.com
« Reply #52 on: October 18, 2010, 11:09:05 am »
Gimpster posted these results on his facebook:

Masters = Tim Brockhouse
Pro = Donavin Wiest
Semi Pro = Grant Greenfield

CONGRATULATIONS Grant!!!

Steve
Brockhouse punted one of the locals (Comer, I think?), but being a dealer, they didnt put him to the rear as they said all weekend they would.
Grant was 4th.
I was one of the 4 drivers that they erased the qualifying for, so I qualified 2 tenths slower on the sloppy wet track Saturday and started 11th. Vern got punted and I nailed him hard.
Perfect ending to the crap season I had.
I don't know who to pin the blame on for the most ineptly run show I have ever seen, so I won't comment on that.

I will say that Jeff having to sit on the back of a  4 wheeler holding onto his car with a quick jack to get it off the track after wrecking in the heat sums up the way things were prepared and handled all weekend
JIM BUCHER
VMS Motorsports
Worldwide Legends Parts Supplier
(262)255-7100
http://www.vmsmotorsports.com/

Offline justfreaky

• Global Moderator
« Reply #53 on: October 18, 2010, 12:05:32 pm »
This is the only information posted on USLC and reposted on LN.

Congratulations to Dirt Nationals winners Chandler LeVan in Young Lions,Tim Brockhouse in Masters, Jason Rayle in Semi-Pro and Donovin Wiest in Pro !

Steve
Better to be hated for who you are, Than to be loved for who you are not.

Offline VMS Motorsports

• Global Moderator
    • VMSmotorsports.com
« Reply #54 on: October 18, 2010, 12:13:20 pm »
That reminds me, I thought that if you won nationals, you had to move up a division? At least theat what Darrel Krentz told me.
Jason Rayle won last year in Semi-pro too.
JIM BUCHER
VMS Motorsports
(262)255-7100

FFmedic

« Reply #55 on: October 18, 2010, 12:26:06 pm »

Brockhouse punted one of the locals (Comer, I think?), but being a dealer, they didnt put him to the rear as they said all weekend they would.
Grant was 4th.
I was one of the 4 drivers that they erased the qualifying for, so I qualified 2 tenths slower on the sloppy wet track Saturday and started 11th. Vern got punted and I nailed him hard.
Perfect ending to the crap season I had.
I don't know who to pin the blame on for the most ineptly run show I have ever seen, so I won't comment on that.

I will say that Jeff having to sit on the back of a  4 wheeler holding onto his car with a quick jack to get it off the track after wrecking in the heat sums up the way things were prepared and handled all weekend
[/quote]

Welcome to racing with Brockhouse, this might sound mean but he is the most arogant prick I've ever met.  He drives rough and isnt afraid of moving people.  Glad he isnt my dealer or I would tell him where to go.

Joe

Offline JGRacing

« Reply #56 on: October 18, 2010, 01:07:46 pm »
Not sure what the policy is on people moving up to Pro after winning nationals, but Jason only ran a couple of legends races this year so that may have played into it.

Dave Comer is a good guy and has done a lot to promote legends racing in this area so it is a shame to see that he got knocked out of the way for the win.

Hopefully at least someone enjoyed racing at Springfield.         

Offline VMS Motorsports

• Global Moderator
    • VMSmotorsports.com
« Reply #57 on: October 18, 2010, 01:21:08 pm »
The track surface itself was great Thursday and Friday, and was good for the  first races Saturday, just really slicked off at the end.
The track surface itself was the highlight of the weekend, other than getting to meet Scott, Vern (off the track, didnt like meeting him on it), and some others Ive spoken with or sold parts to. Its always fun to put names with faces after a couple of years.
JIM BUCHER
VMS Motorsports
(262)255-7100

Offline Racinjj

« Reply #58 on: October 18, 2010, 01:27:38 pm »
It would have been nice to race before the sportmods used up the track.  I think I could have won it then but by the time we raced the top was gone and I wasnt setup for dryslick.
www.JeffSteenbergen.com

Offline VMS Motorsports

• Global Moderator
    • VMSmotorsports.com
« Reply #59 on: October 18, 2010, 03:34:43 pm »
Not sure what the policy is on people moving up to Pro after winning nationals, but Jason only ran a couple of legends races this year so that may have played into it.

Dave Comer is a good guy and has done a lot to promote legends racing in this area so it is a shame to see that he got knocked out of the way for the win.

Hopefully at least someone enjoyed racing at Springfield.         

Darrel Krentz  told me earlier this year that the criteria were:
A) 5 or more division wins
B) 1 overall A Main win
C) Winning Nationals
...and then you move up a class.
Thats why Brandon Schmitt went from Young Lions to Pro this year, he won the Young Lions Nationals last year.
Jason should not have been running semi-pro. Not that it mattered in the outcome of my weekend at all. Jeff only ran one race this year, I dont think he should have been able to be back in semi-pro, or Eric Barth.
Just an observation, not trying to start anything. They (INEX) obviously don't pay too close of attention on the dirt side of things.

Comer was definately the one to beat out there, if raced clean, he would have won it. The "crowd" was not too pleased
JIM BUCHER
VMS Motorsports
(262)255-7100