Author Topic: New Dirt Chassis for Legends  (Read 30629 times)

Gimpster

Re: New Dirt Chassis for Legends
« Reply #30 on: August 23, 2010, 03:48:50 pm »
The whole topic of a new chassis and incoming e-mails yesterday opened some horizons here. I was looking for a 360 sprint chassis for a while.  An old email was replied to me that I thought had gone south. I haven't taken anyone up on anything yet , but there is a dirt late model option open for me. ( I know late model chassis as well as I do Legends for set-ups etc..)
 I look at it this way in a nut shell... If USLC is introducing a dirt chassis, giving us dirt legends owners a good dirt tire will kill any purpose of us buying one of the dirt chassis from them. Basically... we won't get a dirt tire on Legends looking at the issue from a business standpoint (mainly their view, which I anticipate). They'll stick us with a federal like the SS-657 or the Formoza FD1
Classified section of my board there is 3 Legends for sale.... one is mine.
 As of now we are looking to get away from Legends

~ Gimpster ~

Offline Okiesnake

« Reply #31 on: August 23, 2010, 06:57:24 pm »
In the link it said
more powerful engine
I wonder what that will be.
I  race RC but I feel that the Dirt & Asphalt market keeps up the value of the Legends in general. (In fact, I doubt there would even be any Legends RC if it wern't for Dirt & Asphalt.) 
I thought the  Thunder Roadsters were aimed at the RC racers but there just aren't enough of them out there.  Even though I think the Thunder cars would be better for RC, I went with the Legends because of Popularity.  It is my guess that even though this new class may be a better dirt car, it will end up being a non-popular specailty car with not enough racers to properly support itself.
This weekend, INEX Executive Director Darrel Krentz was at Hallett raceway in Oklahoma.  I asked him how may Legends RC racers were out there. He told me out of approx. 3,000 Legends racers, 10% were RC or about 300.
Does anyone know the percentage that are Dirt and Asphalt?

FFmedic

« Reply #32 on: August 23, 2010, 07:49:35 pm »
I actually laughed myself off the chair.   ;D    THats a great idea!!!

Offline rickmiller48

« Reply #33 on: August 25, 2010, 04:20:46 pm »
I just talked to Jason Foxworthy at US Legends because I already hear rumors and wanted to get as close to a straight answer as possible.  He said that this new class is an additional class and will not replace the current car as a dirt racing chassis.  He said it is exactly like the introduction of the Thunder Roadster in that both continue to compete on the same tracks, just in different divisions.

On a side note, I wonder if they are trying these new cars out at the best place.  East Lincoln doesn't get a very good car count and it seems like dirt racers in that area are kind of like second class citizens.   Nothing against the place at all (well, pretty bad track at the Nationals, but we already beat that dead horse), but there is a lot of asphalt oval racing around there.  I can't blame folks for liking asphalt.  I've never run it, but I have thought it would be really nice, especially the day after the race when I'm trying to clean up the car :)

Rick

Offline IraceLegends77

« Reply #34 on: August 25, 2010, 05:24:59 pm »
Has anyone seen one of these cars? Just woundering what they are going to look like.

Scott
Scott Wilkerson #77   Vision Graphix Racing

Offline VMS Motorsports

• Global Moderator
    • VMSmotorsports.com
« Reply #35 on: August 25, 2010, 06:54:28 pm »
These are the press release prototype pictures
JIM BUCHER
VMS Motorsports
Worldwide Legends Parts Supplier
(262)255-7100
http://www.vmsmotorsports.com/

Offline JGRacing

« Reply #36 on: August 25, 2010, 07:00:03 pm »
Probably just doing the first season at one track close to their HQ so that they can keep an eye on how it goes in actual competition.  Also having Ray involved at his track will bring it some good PR.

Offline IraceLegends77

« Reply #37 on: August 25, 2010, 10:17:00 pm »
Jim,

Where did you get that photo at? Is there a web site that we can go to?

Scott

Offline VMS Motorsports

• Global Moderator
    • VMSmotorsports.com
« Reply #38 on: August 25, 2010, 10:32:07 pm »
Its on Legendsnation.com
JIM BUCHER
VMS Motorsports
Worldwide Legends Parts Supplier
(262)255-7100
http://www.vmsmotorsports.com/

Offline IraceLegends77

« Reply #39 on: August 25, 2010, 11:08:23 pm »
I think it is a good thing that they are looking at a dirt car for USLC. I know we need a lot more info before all the votes are in but it looks like a good start. Time will tell.

Scott

Gimpster

« Reply #40 on: August 30, 2010, 05:20:30 pm »
 Phone call with Mike Patrick today.... He did research with USLC and Terry Plummer (Jet Coupe).
This is the oots of the deal. Ray Everham has always had a dream and being an old modified racer, this chassis tickled his fancy. He is using his ties with SMI to further making the dream a reality. USLC may just be in this to produce the chassis in their facility. It may not even be sanctioned by USLC. This means that he will be running the division which pending growth may just end up sanctioned by USAC or simular body.  Who knows
 This may benefit us dirt racers of the Legends variety in the long run. If USLC produces these cars for  Ray, they should have to set up a tire company for dirt on that chassis.  GoodYear, Hoosier or Mc Creary or what ever... It could roll over into a tire deal for our current Legends on Dirt. It should also lead to an improved nerf bar system or maybe even an improved entry roof area for the cars. Who knows ? No doors would make our current chassis stronger anyway.
 Basically our current chassis is still the dirt chassis for Legends and prolly will be with improvements for a while.

~ Gimpster ~

Offline 37ford28

« Reply #41 on: September 30, 2010, 10:56:45 am »
Looks nothing like a legends car.... Take a great sport an make another pos c.o.t.
I need a tenth...... "drive a little deeper,come off a little harder"

Offline LJ81

« Reply #42 on: September 30, 2010, 03:25:25 pm »
I just talked to Jason Foxworthy at US Legends because I already hear rumors and wanted to get as close to a straight answer as possible.  He said that this new class is an additional class and will not replace the current car as a dirt racing chassis.  He said it is exactly like the introduction of the Thunder Roadster in that both continue to compete on the same tracks, just in different divisions.

On a side note, I wonder if they are trying these new cars out at the best place.  East Lincoln doesn't get a very good car count and it seems like dirt racers in that area are kind of like second class citizens.   Nothing against the place at all (well, pretty bad track at the Nationals, but we already beat that dead horse), but there is a lot of asphalt oval racing around there.  I can't blame folks for liking asphalt.  I've never run it, but I have thought it would be really nice, especially the day after the race when I'm trying to clean up the car :)

Rick

I agree with you Rick. Us guys that run at ELS and Carolina are like second class citizens. Nobody really cares for the legends on dirt around here. We're not going to buy a brand new car for this when nobody cars for them. The promotion sucks around here for the dirt legends. I personally don't think this new car will fly around here with everybody being dirt late model hungry around here. Maybe a lil further north where the sprints and modifieds are bigger.  JMO
Lee Jordan
LJ Dezigns
Screen Printing, Embroidery, Decal Graphics, & Logo Design
803-329-8337
Check out the LJ Dezigns web for monthly specials!
www.ljdezigns.net

Offline jmker60

« Reply #43 on: December 27, 2010, 04:35:57 pm »
The latest issue of Circle Track March 2011 (arrived today) has a several page article on the Evernham/USLC dirt modified. The article has some new unpublished info, however it mostly rehashes what we have already heard and know.

I guess they're going to make the major marketing push, although I don't think the car will do much better in sales and popularity than the Thunder Roadster.

I'd also like to wish everyone a belated Merry Christmas and a most Joyous New Year. Also please keep our troops in mind and in your prayers throughout the year.