Poll

Best Enclosed Trailer Size for single Legends Car, toolbox, and extra set of wheels?

20 ft
6 (60%)
18ft
2 (20%)
16 ft
2 (20%)
14 ft
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Author Topic: Trailer Size  (Read 19145 times)

Offline Okiesnake

Re: Trailer Size
« Reply #15 on: August 06, 2010, 05:45:16 pm »
I have a 20' enclosed trailer (19'10" inside).  When I ordered it, I planned on also using it to sleep in. (It's over 3 hours to the track).  I ordered side windows,  AC/Heat and Electrical.  The sliding side windows definitely keep it light and airy with the doors closed.  I used E-track and made a platform across the front to use a bed/shelf.
Latter I talked a friend of mine (who has a real nice Motor Home!) into getting a Legends car. So I had to figure out how to put 21 feet of cars into 19'10" of trailer so we could tow it with his motor home.
We take off all the bumpers and have two sets of HD plastic car ramps.  By putting the front wheels of each car on the ramps, it gives us a little more space and the rear car can overhang the back of the front car.  E-track on the floor to anchors everything down.
If you ever do plan to pull two cars, it would be a lot easier in a 24'!
AC and electrical are nice when you’re working on the car.  Having all your tools and parts secure in one place is also great.
FYI, if anyone is interested, I bought a real nice Continental Cargo race trailer with a lot of options and picked it up at the factory for less than $8K.  That was way lower than anywhere else I found for a higher-end trailer.  I will be glad to give anyone my contact.  He sells all over the US.

Offline VMS Motorsports

• Global Moderator
    • VMSmotorsports.com
« Reply #16 on: August 10, 2010, 01:36:19 pm »
Wait until you see Rachel Pinkerman's hauler...I'm sure you will sooner or later, she runs dirt and asphalt in Wi, Il, and Iowa...it's just WRONG! Maybe I'll take a picture for you if I race this weekend

The Pinkerman Rig
JIM BUCHER
VMS Motorsports
Worldwide Legends Parts Supplier
(262)255-7100
http://www.vmsmotorsports.com/

Offline djracing

• Global Moderator
    • DJ Ross Racing
« Reply #17 on: August 10, 2010, 01:49:21 pm »
Wait until you see Rachel Pinkerman's hauler...I'm sure you will sooner or later, she runs dirt and asphalt in Wi, Il, and Iowa...it's just WRONG! Maybe I'll take a picture for you if I race this weekend

The Pinkerman Rig

They just have the two legend cars in there right? Or is it 3 of them ?

Offline VMS Motorsports

• Global Moderator
    • VMSmotorsports.com
« Reply #18 on: August 10, 2010, 04:08:51 pm »
2 cars, one asphalt and one dirt. Heat and A/c in the shop and in the living quarters, a Pit box worth more than my truck, car and trailer, etc
JIM BUCHER
VMS Motorsports
Worldwide Legends Parts Supplier
(262)255-7100
http://www.vmsmotorsports.com/

Offline jjdoyle

« Reply #19 on: August 14, 2010, 09:00:23 pm »
Thanks for everyones replies I think I am going to get an 18 or 20 thanks again!

Gimpster

« Reply #20 on: August 18, 2010, 02:00:37 pm »
 The trailer I built is 20 feet. Too short !!
There are times I want to load a buddies car in along with parts and tools and the trailer is too short.
Plan is to make it wider, longer and taller. It only leaves 6" on each side of the car's tires to the wall when the car is loaded in the trailer. I built it narrow and low for fuel economy. Cross winds proved that narrowness does not matter. I have pulled huge gooseneck haulers since and make the same mileage

Here is a picture of my POS  (I'm not a rich man... lol)

~ Gimpster ~

Offline thunder938

« Reply #21 on: August 18, 2010, 02:33:27 pm »
IF you have the means and a tow vehicle and room to park it a 28 is the right size.  2 cars bench all supplies and once you are done a full size car will fit, easy to sell or put your next big car in it.
Dave

Gimpster

« Reply #22 on: August 18, 2010, 03:33:20 pm »
IF you have the means and a tow vehicle and room to park it a 28 is the right size.  2 cars bench all supplies and once you are done a full size car will fit, easy to sell or put your next big car in it.

If there was a 'Like' button on your post I would click it !
I never took the poll at this threads beginning because all options are too short for my liking

! Gimpster !

anything