Author Topic: How are you doing this season?  (Read 30220 times)

Offline justfreaky

• Global Moderator
How are you doing this season?
« on: August 22, 2007, 01:51:20 pm »
OK,
 I finally have a couple of days off. Woo Hoo!!!!
So; How is everyone doing this season? I hope you all are having a great season!
Let us know your trials, tribulations, wins, point standings, etc...
 For those, like me, who don't have a ride together yet; What progress are you making?

Steve

Better to be hated for who you are, Than to be loved for who you are not.

Offline justfreaky

• Global Moderator
Re: How are you doing this season?
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2007, 09:14:56 pm »
Is anybody racing; or are you just shy? :o

I have bought some new parts - fuel pump, braided lines, brake pedal assembly, seat. I am still looking for front end stuff. Things are coming together. I hope I can finish my car up by next year. I've got to get off my a@@ and find someone to do some welding. Otherwise it's taking shape.

Hope that breaks the ice.

Let me know what you are doing.

Steve

Offline DARK AGE 53

« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2007, 01:06:48 pm »
Hey Steve,

Like I once told you, getting people here to post is like pulling teeth :'(......hell, the only reason I'm replying is because you're getting way ahead of me in post count. :)

Later,
Al
POW/MIA - YOU ARE LOST BUT NOT FORGOTTEN IN SOUTHEAST ASIA

Offline justfreaky

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2007, 03:11:56 pm »
Hi Al,
 LOL!!!

OK, so you posted - but you forgot to tell me how you guys are doing this season. Good I hope!

Take Care,
 Steve

PS
 A response should score you another post.  ;D ;D ;D

Offline DARK AGE 53

« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2007, 06:02:41 pm »
PS
 A response should score you another post.  ;D ;D ;D

That's a good enough reason for me to reply again  ;), I'll give this season a c+ for us so far.
POW/MIA - YOU ARE LOST BUT NOT FORGOTTEN IN SOUTHEAST ASIA

Offline Tom Cole

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2007, 09:33:00 pm »
We have won 6 times this season.  At least than many second place finishes too.  We didn't set out to run the points series at our track, but we are leading right now.   We are just enjoying racing and are lucky to have folks to race with who like to race hard, but clean.

Offline justfreaky

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2007, 10:28:12 am »
Tom,
 I looked up the points standings on SCS;
You guys are doing Great!
Trey is doing a terrific job of driving.

Best Wishes!

Steve

Offline T48

• Sugar Babies Outfitters
« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2007, 01:01:14 pm »
Anybody within driving distance of Albany should come down/up/over this weekend and watch the big race!  Trey is doing really great - he's now known as Trey  "The Cole Train" Cole and we're passing out train whistles to cheer him on.  Ya'll come!

As for Tweety's season so far -  :D.   Nuff said.  ;)
-----Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely and in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming - WOW! WHAT A RIDE!!

Offline qweedqwag

« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2007, 08:49:27 pm »
In Houston last 2 weeks ago I won the Masters Main and won the regional qualifier, got a spot in the A-main in Vegas...........sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet.

Mike

Offline elimn8u_43

« Reply #9 on: August 27, 2007, 09:59:33 pm »
I have been having a good season so far. 2 feature wins and 6 heat wins. Mainly top 5 finishes when I finish. I have had a little help with not finishing ::).

Geoff

Offline justfreaky

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10 on: August 28, 2007, 09:54:27 pm »
Hi Clarence & Barb,
 I like "The Cole Train"!
As for you - Hang In There! I have Faith!!!

Mike,
 Kick some booty in 'Vegas!!!
Do you have a site where I can track your progress?

Geoff,
 Sounds like your right there. Keep knockin' on that door!
Do you have a site that I can track your progress?
Sent you a PM.

Al,
 Where can I track your progress?
C+??? Were you a teacher? LOL! :)

Best of Luck To Everyone this season!

Steve

Offline elimn8u_43

« Reply #11 on: August 29, 2007, 09:06:45 pm »
My personal site (which is not currently up to date) is www.bevanboysracing.ca . My wife is a programmer and doesn't want anything to do with computers after work. Also our local track is www.scotiaspeedworld.ca . We missed 4 races already because rain and it is not looking good for this Friday. Luckly we have a double header this weekend and are racing on Sunday. The weather looks good for Sunday. We will be at New Brunswick International Speedway in Geary, New Brunswick. This will no doubt be the largest event for us. The address is http://www.nbisonline.com/.

Geoff

Offline T48

• Sugar Babies Outfitters
« Reply #12 on: August 30, 2007, 01:04:47 pm »
Thanks, we're hanging in, if we can just hang on!  ;)

The Cole Train was Strollin's idea, but we love it and run with it!  ;D
-----Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely and in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming - WOW! WHAT A RIDE!!

jon8j

« Reply #13 on: September 04, 2007, 03:33:06 pm »
Wow, our season has been a rollercoaster.  We've been real fast pretty much everywhere.  But we have been plagued by oil leaks all season long!  There have been good finishes, but I can't tell you how many good finishes we've also thrown away by not finishing...
On the upside - we have had a lot of fun traveling to a bunch of tracks this year.  We decided early on to travel rather than run for points.  Been to Albany (5 or 6 times), Anderson, SC (2), Mobile, Atlanta, Lanier, Cordele (2 or 3), Sportsdrome in Jeffersonville, IN and Orlando Speedworld.
Phillip (my son) is  a Senior in HS this year so it's pretty my our last year to race much together.  His work for another race team and his football schedule make for a busy Summer, but we have tried to hit the track every off weekend.

Jon
Senoia, GA

lok

« Reply #14 on: September 04, 2007, 11:36:30 pm »
Hello everyone!!
I do not post very often--but I do read the forum daily!!
This was my sons first year racing in the Legends series.
The first practice/hot laps prior to the actual first race, he was rear ended and ended up hitting the wall!!
Bent the rear end, broke the front spindle, bent the rim, shock, tie rod ends ect.-- ended up the hospital over night for a slight concusion, but is he is fine, thank god!! We added a horseshoe head restraint to the seat and also a HANS device.
I shipped the car upto my Uncles, who is really into the Legends car series, and he was able to fix the car and also add some 2007 upgrades.
We went back to the track last weekend, and managed to take the car home in one piece!! That was a big accomplishment for us!! He is looking fast, and I am sure, once he gets some seat time--Look out!!
In a nut shell--that is our season!!