Author Topic: How are you doing this season?  (Read 30223 times)

Offline DARK AGE 53

Re: How are you doing this season?
« Reply #15 on: September 05, 2007, 05:49:04 pm »
Lon,

Damn, that's alot of bad luck, glad your son came out of it o.k..... what's a " horseshoe head restraint "?

Later,
Al
POW/MIA - YOU ARE LOST BUT NOT FORGOTTEN IN SOUTHEAST ASIA

lok

« Reply #16 on: September 06, 2007, 01:43:53 am »
Well--I am likely not using the appropriate terminology--Here is a link to a similar set up as what we now have: http://www.rrpinc.com/catalog/head_rests.htm
The reason we purchased this unit, is because, when my son hit the wall, his head hit the roll cage, and caused his concusion. If this unit was installed, he likely would not have had a concusion. We did have normal roll padding 0n the roll cage, we now replaced the roll cage padding with high impact padding.

Lonney

Offline justfreaky

• Global Moderator
« Reply #17 on: September 06, 2007, 02:32:29 am »
Sounds like you guys  need to post more to fix those leaks. ;)
How about sharing how you fixed your problems? Or are you still having them?

Hey!, your out there pluggin' away at. That's a big plus!
You also have a forum that you can use as a tool.

Be Safe and Good Luck!

Steve
Better to be hated for who you are, Than to be loved for who you are not.

Offline DARK AGE 53

« Reply #18 on: September 06, 2007, 03:38:39 pm »
Lonney,
If you hit the wall head on I'm not sure how much that would have helped compared to the the Hans Devise you've added.
POW/MIA - YOU ARE LOST BUT NOT FORGOTTEN IN SOUTHEAST ASIA

lok

« Reply #19 on: September 07, 2007, 02:16:53 am »
He actually hit the wall at an angle-going backwards--and hit on the left side. His head hit the left side rollbar. The HANS device is to prevent the forward motion of the neck.  The Head Stabilzer (Horsehoe) is to prevent sideways motion of the head. The HANS device, likely would not have helped in this particular situation. It was a really odd wreck.

Offline justfreaky

• Global Moderator
« Reply #20 on: September 12, 2007, 01:36:06 pm »
Lonney,
 Have you installed the "halo" yet?
Wondering what your thoughts are on it.???

Steve

lok

« Reply #21 on: September 13, 2007, 03:23:40 am »
Lonney,
 Have you installed the "halo" yet?
Wondering what your thoughts are on it.???

Steve

I am not sure what you are referring to in regards to "halo"?

Lonney

Offline thunder938

« Reply #22 on: September 13, 2007, 11:30:39 am »
Well this was my first year in the car and was having a great time.  Was just as fast as most other guys, even with my old tires.  Then things went bad.  4 car crash I was the last in to the pile and only, so I thought, bent the grill and front bumper.  But 8 laps later BOOM goes the motor. OUCH.  9 race old sealed motor with all the good stuff. So, with 2 races to go for the group I race with I am done.  It has been loads of fun and can not wait to run next year.  The wife not happy about the motor......she will get over it.

Good luck to all, the rest of the year and so on
Dave

Offline justfreaky

• Global Moderator
« Reply #23 on: September 13, 2007, 11:45:01 am »
 The head stabilizer (horseshoe, halo)

Steve

Offline justfreaky

• Global Moderator
« Reply #24 on: September 13, 2007, 11:56:23 am »
thunder938,
 Sounds like an expensive start.
At least you got some seat time. Sounds like even with the bad luck you'll be back out there next year.

Best of Luck,
  Steve

lok

« Reply #25 on: September 15, 2007, 01:36:25 am »
Gotcha--The Halo and HANS device is definatly the ticket--If we had installed the Halo, he would have not had a concusion. I would recommend one of these devices to anyone who is racing any car!

Lon

Offline justfreaky

• Global Moderator
« Reply #26 on: September 15, 2007, 04:17:25 am »
Hi Lon.
 I was asking IF you had installed it. I was thinking of installing the head stabilizer; but was wondering about  wheather it interfered with vision (creating blind spots). I fully agree that anything we can do to increase protection of the driver is the thing to do. I'm also looking at shoulder and leg devices. Safety issues would make for a good thread. I will have to read up on all the rules to see what is legal. I DO Thank You for bringing up the subject of safety. A very good topic!

Best Wishes,

Steve

lok

« Reply #27 on: September 15, 2007, 04:31:17 am »
Hello Steve,

We installed the Halo after the wreck. The Halo does  not interfere with vision at all, but it does prevent your head from slapping off the roll cage bars on either side/left or right.

Lon

Offline T48

• Sugar Babies Outfitters
« Reply #28 on: September 17, 2007, 10:57:22 am »
Well this was my first year in the car and was having a great time.  Was just as fast as most other guys, even with my old tires.  Then things went bad.  4 car crash I was the last in to the pile and only, so I thought, bent the grill and front bumper.  But 8 laps later BOOM goes the motor. OUCH.  9 race old sealed motor with all the good stuff. So, with 2 races to go for the group I race with I am done.  It has been loads of fun and can not wait to run next year.  The wife not happy about the motor......she will get over it.

Good luck to all, the rest of the year and so on

Tell your wife to feel good about the motor!  We bought our car, blew the motor, bought another, blew it in practice, and have just broken in the second motor.  Clarence just got his first race in this past Saturday night on the SECOND new motor!  So tell your wife things could be a lot worse!  Hang in there!
-----Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely and in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming - WOW! WHAT A RIDE!!

Offline RickyBobby

• JM Motorsports
« Reply #29 on: September 19, 2007, 01:24:45 pm »
Well I purchased the car near the end of the season.  My first race I stayed at the back of the pack to get used to the car and the lines of the track.  My next 2 races I was battling with the the rear drivers.  Now I am running in the middle of the pack.  One the weekend I was in 2nd place making a run for the leader when I got taken out.  So I am getting quicker which is a great feeling.  I have also loaded the car with all 4 wheels on for every race so far.  We have one more race for the season and then take the car apart and put some new parts on it.