Author Topic: Official "Introduce Yourself Thread"  (Read 307019 times)

Offline racerdad

Re: Official "Introduce Yourself Thread"
« Reply #315 on: February 26, 2011, 07:10:41 pm »
hi my name is cody i have been part of this forum for a little bit and never did this so here goes. i have raced lots of diffrent classes and was on a pit crew for a late modal team.now my daughter races quarter midgets and we just got her a legends car. she is only 12Yr old and will not be running the legends car till next year. she will get some seat time in pratice this year. i know alot about race cars but very little about legends cars so i will have lots of questions and i thank all of you in advance.
thanks cody

Offline justfreaky

• Global Moderator
« Reply #316 on: February 26, 2011, 11:12:25 pm »
Welcome Marcelo!
There is a wealth of knowlege here on the site, and a lot of really great people.
Feel free to post questions and respond to other members posts.
If you have questions about past threads or the site please send me a private message.
I'm always more than happy to help.

Steve
Better to be hated for who you are, Than to be loved for who you are not.

Offline justfreaky

• Global Moderator
« Reply #317 on: February 26, 2011, 11:15:42 pm »
Hi Cody,

Welcome to LegendsRacer! Thank You for your introduction.
Ask away! Lots of great people here on the site with plenty of knowlege to share.
If you have any questions about the site or old threads, please feel free to PM me.

Steve

Offline Racingtrader.ca

• Racing Classifeds
« Reply #318 on: February 27, 2011, 04:25:48 pm »
Hey everyone. I am 28 from Halifax,  Nova Scotia.  I have raced for 11 years and started racing Legends in 2008. I own a Racing Classifieds site called http://www.racingtrader.ca I also own Williams Racing Products http://www.williamsracingproducts.ca  we are just getting started out we sell new and used race car parts & accessories.

Mark Williams
Owner
Racing Classifieds & Track Forums / Sticker Fool
Tel: 902-448-6903

Offline justfreaky

• Global Moderator
« Reply #319 on: February 27, 2011, 07:42:50 pm »
Welcome to LegendsRacer!
Wish I had a name to go with your age and location. I'm going to guess that you race with the Bevans boys up there in Nova Scotia.
Advertising for your businesses should be directed to the advertising area on the site. Please read the rules about posting in the FAQ section.
If you have questions about the site, please PM or email me directly.
Glad to have you aboard. I hope you enjoy the site!

Steve

Offline Racingtrader.ca

• Racing Classifeds
« Reply #320 on: February 28, 2011, 06:02:08 pm »
My name is Mark Williams. I know Geoff well, We live just a few minutes apart. I will be in contact shortly about advertising. I'm just waiting for my accountant to get back to me to see how bad 2010 is going to hurt.
Mark Williams
Owner
Racing Classifieds & Track Forums / Sticker Fool
Tel: 902-448-6903

Offline justfreaky

• Global Moderator
« Reply #321 on: February 28, 2011, 10:21:33 pm »
Hi Mark,

You are welcome, as a member on the site, to advertise in the For Sale/ Wanted section. Just please do so in the appropriate section.
If you choose to place advertising, as far as a graphic advertisement on the site, then you will need to contact  Tom (Admin).
If 2010 hurt, don't expect much better for 2011. I closed my business in 2004 expecting to retire... Now I am working 2 jobs just to make ends meet.

Steve

Offline Team Zero

« Reply #322 on: March 25, 2011, 06:26:12 pm »
My name is Brian Peterson I am from Mukwonago, Wisconsin and run with the Wisconsin Dirt Legends Series. I have been racing legends for five years and love the series!!! Found this site about five months ago and finally figures out how to register, lol!!
Brian Peterson

Offline VMS Motorsports

• Global Moderator
    • VMSmotorsports.com
« Reply #323 on: March 25, 2011, 08:12:14 pm »
Booooooo!
 :D
Welcome aboard Brian...now you have to share all your secrets
JIM BUCHER
VMS Motorsports
Worldwide Legends Parts Supplier
(262)255-7100
http://www.vmsmotorsports.com/

Offline justfreaky

• Global Moderator
« Reply #324 on: March 25, 2011, 08:18:13 pm »
Hi Brian,

Welcome to LegendsRacer!

Steve

Offline PHA281

« Reply #325 on: April 01, 2011, 08:47:35 pm »
Hi, Adam here.

Race with the PA Hillclimb series (sat past two seasons out, due to hurt motor)

Looking to pick up a Legends Chassis to play with once my Mach 1 sells and hopefully build it and get it ready to run the INEX rules for our 2012 season.

Race it a season following the INEX rules, then modify the snot out of it and go for the unlimited class..

There are only but three true sports in this world; Bull-Fighting, Mountain Climbing, and Auto Racing. The rest are merely games in which men play. ~ Earnest Hemingway I'm a Hillclimber, so I've got the Mountain Climbing and Auto Racing combined. Can't really figure out how to involve a bull yet..

Offline justfreaky

• Global Moderator
« Reply #326 on: April 01, 2011, 08:51:44 pm »
Hi Adam,

Welcome to LegendsRacer!!!

What is the deal on the PA Hillclimb Series? Any site link?
Do they require you to run under INEX rules for Legends Cars...
Or is it more along the lines os SCCA rules?

Steve

Offline PHA281

« Reply #327 on: April 01, 2011, 09:06:12 pm »
Hi Adam,

Welcome to LegendsRacer!!!

What is the deal on the PA Hillclimb Series? Any site link?
Do they require you to run under INEX rules for Legends Cars...
Or is it more along the lines os SCCA rules?

Steve

Here's my article in a magazine covering me, the car, and the series. http://www.musclemustangfastfords.com/features/mmfp_0903_2003_mach_1_mustang/index.html

My Youtube channel is NJ03Mach1 PAHillclimb.org is our site.

A Legends car running the series would follow INEX rules. After a season, or pending how much seat time I get, I plan on modifying the car that would move me out of the INEX class and into our unlimited class. I'm thinking tons of engine work, and possibly a turbo.. Going to start with a Chassis first, I found one in your F/S section in NJ for pretty cheap. Shot them an email, and I'll be posting in the thread in a moment..
There are only but three true sports in this world; Bull-Fighting, Mountain Climbing, and Auto Racing. The rest are merely games in which men play. ~ Earnest Hemingway I'm a Hillclimber, so I've got the Mountain Climbing and Auto Racing combined. Can't really figure out how to involve a bull yet..

Offline justfreaky

• Global Moderator
« Reply #328 on: April 01, 2011, 09:14:01 pm »
Had a guy a few years back that was thinking about a Busa 1300 turbo in a legends chassis. He broke his back in a horse incident and I haven't heard from him in awhile. I know that the engine he bought from a wrecked bike didn't pass inspection. Stress fractures in the case on the engine.

Thanks for the introduction and the links!

Steve

Offline PHA281

« Reply #329 on: April 01, 2011, 09:27:52 pm »
Funny you say that...

That's one of the ideas I've had to get me into the unlimited class. Until now, I've not found an "active" legends forum that could help with hybrid swaps etc etc.. really just starting to learn the whole setup of these things.. I'll be asking a lot of questions I'm sure.. specifically in the brake department haha

anything