Author Topic: Official "Introduce Yourself Thread"  (Read 317041 times)

Offline justfreaky

• Global Moderator
Re: Official "Introduce Yourself Thread"
« Reply #330 on: April 01, 2011, 09:48:34 pm »
The legends forums are pretty much limited to Legends Cars. There are a few thoughts that were thrown around between Shaun (Pegalis) and I about the Busa engine and Wilwood dics in the old threads. I think I still have some of his thoughts in some emails. Would be more than happy to share those and my thoughts via emails. The LegendsRacer forum is geared towards working within the current Legends Car Rules.

Steve
Better to be hated for who you are, Than to be loved for who you are not.

Offline PHA281

« Reply #331 on: April 01, 2011, 10:02:49 pm »
Ahhh ok.  :(

Don't wanna stir the pot or step on any toes  :o . I'll try to keep my questions limited to what falls within INEX rules for now then..

There are only but three true sports in this world; Bull-Fighting, Mountain Climbing, and Auto Racing. The rest are merely games in which men play. ~ Earnest Hemingway I'm a Hillclimber, so I've got the Mountain Climbing and Auto Racing combined. Can't really figure out how to involve a bull yet..

Offline justfreaky

• Global Moderator
« Reply #332 on: April 01, 2011, 10:13:15 pm »
It's ok.... Everyone is welcome here!
Smoke me an email and I'll try to help you get on track.

Steve

Offline JGRacing

« Reply #333 on: April 04, 2011, 11:12:33 am »
Hill climbs look like fun (except for Pikes Peak).  When they show that on TV I get nervous just watching.   :o

Welcome to the site.  Some of the road race folks on here might have advice that would carry over to hill climbing. 

Offline PHA281

« Reply #334 on: April 04, 2011, 10:30:40 pm »
I'd love to run Pikes Peak.. I'm a follower of the European series.. they have some insane hills.. and some even more insane drivers..
There are only but three true sports in this world; Bull-Fighting, Mountain Climbing, and Auto Racing. The rest are merely games in which men play. ~ Earnest Hemingway I'm a Hillclimber, so I've got the Mountain Climbing and Auto Racing combined. Can't really figure out how to involve a bull yet..

Offline JGRacing

« Reply #335 on: April 05, 2011, 11:07:20 am »
I have this fear of falling off of thousand foot cliffs.  Seems like it would hurt.  :)

Offline PHA281

« Reply #336 on: April 05, 2011, 09:55:54 pm »
I haven't experienced it yet, but I'm sure smashing through trees at speed isn't to fun either.

I've known a few that have crashed on our hills in one form or another.. The most recent in my memory was a Nissan 350z fully track prepped BIG $$$$$ car, going off the hill BACKWARDS at the finish line, at full speed striking quite a few trees a good 20-30' off the ground and a barrel roll or two until coming to a rest completely and insanely demolished. That was two years ago now... Last I heard, the driver was still in the process of recovery.. (haven't had an update in a while)

We've had some serious, serious injuries, and a few fatalities... but, it's all part of the sport I guess. You could break your neck getting out of bed, doesn't mean ya have to stay in it!

If you'd like, or anyone would.. I'll dig through Youtube and find some wrecks of the hills I've personally been on.. I've come close to wrecking a few times, but haven't got bit yet (being the key word)

Offline justfreaky

• Global Moderator
« Reply #337 on: April 05, 2011, 11:47:27 pm »
Try to keep things that way!
We have had a few members with some pretty nasty wrecks. Some are still recovering years later.

Steve

Offline JGRacing

« Reply #338 on: April 06, 2011, 11:57:55 am »
It makes me appreciate roll bars, retaining walls, and level tracks.  Seeing the semis do the Pikes Peak hill climb on ESPN has to be one of the craziest things I have seen on TV.  Then again, I guess that would be second behind motorcycle demo derby.    :o

Offline 9legendcar

« Reply #339 on: April 06, 2011, 03:26:13 pm »
my name is george  i live in conn i.ve been around racing all my life  my wifes grandfather owened the 47 racehill farm race team i.ve raced street stocks late models  been in legend raceing for about 8 years and having the most fun i.ve ever had raceing  i build cars for some of the best in legend racing  also cut tires and set cars up             and i promise steve i will not post bad things on here anymore ;D

Offline justfreaky

• Global Moderator
« Reply #340 on: April 06, 2011, 06:50:40 pm »
Hi George,

Welcome to LegendsRacer!
Sorry about the misunderstandings.

Steve

Offline 9legendcar

« Reply #341 on: April 07, 2011, 07:51:02 am »
steve no big deal  it,s in the past

Offline justfreaky

• Global Moderator
« Reply #342 on: April 14, 2011, 11:28:49 pm »
Everyone,

Please Welcome Kevin (rainbarrel) Hough!
Kevin, Kathy (Katiu) and son, Ted, are the proud owners of Hough Racing based out of Mn.

Best Of Wishes to you all!

Steve

Offline katiu

• Hough68Racing
« Reply #343 on: April 15, 2011, 01:47:03 pm »
Thank you, thank you!

So many of you seem to have been into racing for generations! This is our first instroduction. So, you can imaging that our days are full of working on the car (Kevin and Ted), finding and ordering safety gear (Kathy), and looking forward to what arrives in the mail, and the start of practice. It does a mom's heart good to see her son walking around in his fire suit & helmet, practicing getting in & out of the car, working side-by-side with his dad. We are excited! (and nervous)

Regards,
Kathy

Offline justfreaky

• Global Moderator
« Reply #344 on: April 15, 2011, 10:05:29 pm »
 ;)

I'm sure that everyone here on the site is excited for you all. Really looking forward to Ted's first race and his thoughts on the Bando vs the karts.

Best Wishes!

Steve