Author Topic: How You Doing? 2010.......  (Read 130701 times)

Offline tch38

Re: How You Doing? 2010.......
« Reply #30 on: April 29, 2010, 07:05:48 pm »
Ok all here is my story. I wrecked the car somewhere around May of 2008. I took the body off to fix the frame and paint every part of my used car. I got the body ready for paint....then found a 34 sedan that need lots of glass work and body work so i started over with my used body and got it all done. Finally got funds to do some racing and finish the rebuild of everything. The point is I got to start the car today runs great and should be ready for race day May 22nd 
Unlike most sports racing takes two balls!!!

Offline djracing

• Global Moderator
    • DJ Ross Racing
« Reply #31 on: May 09, 2010, 10:36:25 am »
I got my car through inspection no problems. Made some hotlaps it felt pretty decent. It didn't drive well in the heat, and going into turn one the left front shock basically snapped in half. So I didn't finish the heat race. I was able to find a spare shock from another driver because I left my new shocks at home (good place for them right lol). I think I started 13th in the feature and ended up finishing 8th. Only one lane in the feature and it was up top. Only smooth spot on the track. I was getting a little bit of air under the pace laps running the bottom. That's how rough it was. Every single lap, glad nothing broke on a track that rough.

Offline VMS Motorsports

• Global Moderator
    • VMSmotorsports.com
« Reply #32 on: May 09, 2010, 10:55:34 am »
Yep, track was garbage. We finished last and second last. Dan tore the left front off  (broken shock, spindle, both arms, even bent the coil spring)  and I got airborn flying through the infield after catching a rut, some bent parts, but nothing broke. 
Another expensive night thanks to a very rough track. They've got the equipment to scrape it between the heats and the mains, why they never do unless the sprints are running is beyond me.
JIM BUCHER
VMS Motorsports
Worldwide Legends Parts Supplier
(262)255-7100
http://www.vmsmotorsports.com/

Offline ethan54

« Reply #33 on: May 09, 2010, 04:13:05 pm »
After having an oil filter come off during hot laps we were able to get it ready for the heat race and finished 2nd. Car handled pretty good but for the feature the track was really rough but was able to finish 7th..
Ethan Ross
Ross Brothers Racing #54

Offline VMS Motorsports

• Global Moderator
    • VMSmotorsports.com
« Reply #34 on: May 09, 2010, 05:54:28 pm »
Correction, we weren't last and second last, we were last and 14th, guess 2 more people broke before I did.
Good news is that the VMS Motorsports engines performed as expected in their first trial, with no problems
JIM BUCHER
VMS Motorsports
Worldwide Legends Parts Supplier
(262)255-7100
http://www.vmsmotorsports.com/

Offline Schmitt20

« Reply #35 on: May 09, 2010, 11:40:24 pm »
I agree, track was horrible. I am lucky i didnt break anything coming out of turn 2. I hit that root and was headed straight for the wall. Then hit some oil and spun down the front stretch. (The dirt nationals weren't as bad as last night) Tore off a bumper in the heat race. Hopefully nothing else is bent. Ended up 5th i think.

Offline justfreaky

• Global Moderator
« Reply #36 on: May 15, 2010, 09:36:35 pm »
This has been driving me nuts for 5 days now....
Since our good friend John G. (JGRacing) hasn't posted it yet.... Got this in a message from him:

"Now that I am allowed to spill the beans, my wife and I are having twins.  Due date is late November"

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

Perhaps some future racers.  ;)

Steve
Better to be hated for who you are, Than to be loved for who you are not.

Offline thunder938

« Reply #37 on: May 16, 2010, 07:32:11 am »
On Saturday Legends returned to Lake County Speeday, a 1/5 mile paved track with concrete corners. I set fast time qual. 1st a tenth faster than the next guy.  Ran 3 in my heat then started 6th in the main.  There was alot of beating and banging on this small track, but I was able to move up and dodge the crashes and WON!!!

Not a bad night

Dave
Dave

Offline justfreaky

• Global Moderator
« Reply #38 on: May 16, 2010, 08:15:38 am »
CONGRATULATIONS Dave!!!
So, running in those new tires paid off.
That is exciting news!

Steve
Better to be hated for who you are, Than to be loved for who you are not.

Offline djracing

• Global Moderator
    • DJ Ross Racing
« Reply #39 on: May 16, 2010, 10:08:10 am »
Won my heat race! Actually had a decent lead, pulled away the last two laps. Started 4th in the feature ended up 11th. Car drove well I just got boxed in behind two cars one on the very bottom and one on the very top. I tried the middle the last 5-6 laps and it just wasnt there. But car is good won't have a lot to do to get it ready for next week.

FFmedic

« Reply #40 on: May 16, 2010, 11:53:33 am »
Ran at opening night at Dacotah Speedway in Mandan ND on friday.  After 2 days of slow soaking rain they still decided to run.  Bad thing is they have 10" of new clay on the track.  Well long story short the track was horrible, almost as bad as the dirt natls from last yr.  Finished 5th in my heat and redrew a th place start for the feature.  The track got worse as the night went on, so I decided I was just going out and conserving my car instead of going for a win or a good finish.  Finished 14th.  I'm alot happier with a intact car then a bunch of broken stuff and a good finish.  Hope next week is better.

Gimpster

« Reply #41 on: May 16, 2010, 12:48:53 pm »
 haha, I been doing this racing thing too long . Remember what I said about the track's under surface and all this rain ? They should have had the surface openend during the rain to stabilize the base with the new clay surface on it since last fall. Once the moisture under it started to come up, the dust on the straights went away but the corners had those soft pockets I mentioned and made it bad. Glad my car was not done.  Andee had issues with my set-up in her car. I stopped over there yesterday and found the right rear radius bound up. I took it for granted that after racing mini sprints that they could set the rear end themselves.
 As a result of time spent at their shop, I never finished my car to run Underwood today. Those 4 bad heads set me back big time !! I heard the track was so bad that they never finished the streets or modified feature as the midnight hour approached. Die hard racing fans were leaving the stands.

~ Gimpster ~

FFmedic

« Reply #42 on: May 16, 2010, 01:33:45 pm »
Check out my you tube  channel for in car video.  http://www.youtube.com/user/93LegendND   

Gimpster

« Reply #43 on: May 16, 2010, 03:03:11 pm »
 Only watching half of it was enough. Rough on top and bottom. Sadly, they have enough equiptment that farming it during intermission would have made it better.
I seen Andee come across in front of you after she got run over by a rookie for the first caution. Like I mentioned on my message board... welcome to the zoo

~ Gimpster ~

Offline JGRacing

« Reply #44 on: May 17, 2010, 12:06:15 pm »
I was planning on racing part time this year, but with twins on the way it will be part part time.  Hope to get in at least a couple of races then the dirt nationals at Springfield.  In about 14 years I should have plenty of help in the pits.   ;) 

anything