Author Topic: How You Doing? 2010.......  (Read 135156 times)

Offline VMS Motorsports

• Global Moderator
    • VMSmotorsports.com
Re: How You Doing? 2010.......
« Reply #45 on: May 19, 2010, 12:16:52 pm »
Dan finished 8th in the A on Saturday (20 car field), top 10 on only the second time ever in the seat of one of these (was a street stocker and retired for a couple years).
I broke the right rear trailing arm mount off the chassis in turn 4 on the last lap while side by side for 11th, finished 16th. Luckily I didn't hit the other car, just spun into the infield. I didn't have that good of a run going anyway though...think we have that issue resolved, so hopefully I dont continue to lose to my other car, while I'm happy for him, it's kind of embarrassing!  :P ;D

Looks like a great weekend in store here in Wisconsin, 70s and sunny for Beaver Dam on Saturday and Sun Prairie on Sunday for anyone looking for a little dirt track fun in the sun
JIM BUCHER
VMS Motorsports
Worldwide Legends Parts Supplier
(262)255-7100
http://www.vmsmotorsports.com/

Offline justfreaky

• Global Moderator
« Reply #46 on: May 19, 2010, 12:26:16 pm »
Sounds like Dan is really taking to the car.
I hope you have the bugs worked out of yours.
How are Chris, Jeff and Mark doing?
No go karts this year?

Steve

PS,

Just checked your blog page... Rough month for Chris and Mark. Sorry!
Better to be hated for who you are, Than to be loved for who you are not.

Offline VMS Motorsports

• Global Moderator
    • VMSmotorsports.com
« Reply #47 on: May 19, 2010, 12:37:38 pm »
Chris' Mod might be ready to go again this weekend, but he only seems to break expensive stuff!  ???
Mark has all the parts for the rear end, may be ready to run Sunday.
Jeff's taking to the SportMod quickly, just  like he did the Legend, a little bad luck with a lapped car last weekend, but he'll be fine.
I would not be surprised to see a track championship out of Jeff this year...no pressure  :D
JIM BUCHER
VMS Motorsports
(262)255-7100

Offline justfreaky

• Global Moderator
« Reply #48 on: May 19, 2010, 12:47:12 pm »
Jeff has had a lot of racing experience in other cars over the years. I do think he will do well!
Chris has sure had more than his share of bad luck. I hope the car holds together for him to get a good run.
Don't know to much about Mark. Figure 8 racing sounds like a blast though!

For those that want to follow the VMS Motorsports team, check out their website: http://www.vmsmotorsports.com/
The blog page lists the details of their races. Always a fun read! These guys always have something going on.

Steve

Offline IraceLegends77

« Reply #49 on: May 19, 2010, 01:42:29 pm »
Looking to make my first start of the year this weekend. Just got my new tires mounted and can't wait. I will give you a update if the rain holds off.

Scott
Scott Wilkerson #77   Vision Graphix Racing

Offline justfreaky

• Global Moderator
« Reply #50 on: May 19, 2010, 02:01:37 pm »
Hi Scott,

Know you don't get to race as much as you would like; always seem to be traveling.
Look forward to your report on the new tires.
Best Of Luck!

Steve

Offline VMS Motorsports

• Global Moderator
    • VMSmotorsports.com
« Reply #51 on: May 19, 2010, 11:41:28 pm »
I hope the weather holds out for you Scott!
JIM BUCHER
VMS Motorsports
(262)255-7100

Offline IraceLegends77

« Reply #52 on: May 23, 2010, 09:32:15 am »
Went to my first race of the season and had new tires and a positive outlook. On the way we blew a trailer tire and this should have been are sign. Got to the track with weather going to be a possible factor and unloaded and worked in the new tires on the first practice. All was going as planed UNTIL second practice. I brought the car up to speed slowly and found it was loose. Still trying to get most out of it happened. Going down the back straight away I rubbed a oil line into and sprayed oil all over the right side of the car. As I turned in to 3 it looped about 1 and half times and I hit the wall head on. After getting the car home it doesn’t look as bad as first thought. The clip doesn’t look bent but the horns are done. Have to give the car a good look over to make sure that the spindles are not cracked. Just after all this happened the sky’s opened up and it rained out the night. Dang the luck but as the say “that’s racing”

Scott

Offline justfreaky

• Global Moderator
« Reply #53 on: May 23, 2010, 08:58:43 pm »
Scott,

That is a rough night!!! Sorry about the ill luck! I hope that things will go better next race.
I hope that there is no serious damage to you. The car is secondary.

Steve

Offline Vern Houseman

« Reply #54 on: May 25, 2010, 06:08:57 am »
Scott I know how that felt, Me and Jason rochell went to mountain speedway Fri afternoon, to Test the Million dollar car, We had rented the track for 4 hrs. Well everything went great for jason and the money car. But for me ? THis was my first time on Blacktop.Well I took my time going around the track, with everytime going around the track I would increase my speed, well around lap 8 or so and up to speed going into turn 3 the throtle stuck wide open and went streight into the wall. well needless to say Ive been working on this thing sence trying to get it ready for clinton county speedway had to build almost a complete front clip....... man this sucks
Vernon Houseman #20

Offline Nugtrain

« Reply #55 on: May 25, 2010, 12:24:51 pm »
Went out to test yesterday at Capital City Speedway. This was my first time in a Legend...actually first time racing an oval at all! With new asphalt on the track they asked everyone to run at 60-70% for the first 15min session with cones to make us run different lines. This was fine by me as it gave me a chance to feel the thing out. Second session we were allowed to run full out...just asked to run varying lines to help work in the new blacktop. I had a great time, the car and setup seemed very comfortable to me. Just one little setup thing to work on for Wednesday night...the first race for me! I gotta start scratch for 3 weeks, which is OK, I can follow guys around to learn what line works and stay out of trouble. Let you know how the first race goes.

Offline justfreaky

• Global Moderator
« Reply #56 on: May 25, 2010, 05:39:43 pm »
Vern,

I belive there was a tip on 600 Racing site about the throttle sticking. You might check it out.
I hope you are OK and that you can get the car back together soon.

Best Of Luck!

Steve

Update: I checked that one, and all it says is to make sure the cable is not frayed. I can't find the one I was thinking of, but believe it had to do with the clamps on the carbs interfering with the throttle and causing it to stick. Would also make sure the cable is lubed and run a double throttle return spring if you can.

Offline justfreaky

• Global Moderator
« Reply #57 on: May 25, 2010, 05:41:27 pm »
Chris,

I can picture the big grin on your face after your test session.  ;D
I hope you have a good night of racing.
Best Of Luck!

Steve

Offline IraceLegends77

« Reply #58 on: May 25, 2010, 08:07:26 pm »
Vern

That tip is on Keven Yeatts site. Happened to me last year at Big Diamond.

Scott

Offline justfreaky

• Global Moderator
« Reply #59 on: May 25, 2010, 08:09:43 pm »
Thank You Scott!!!
Knew I saw it somewhere.  :-[
 :) Steve