Author Topic: How You Doing? 2010.......  (Read 138412 times)

Offline Nugtrain

Re: How You Doing? 2010.......
« Reply #60 on: May 27, 2010, 12:31:48 pm »
First race night last night. The feature rained out, but in 1 practice and 2 heats I stayed out of trouble and got a bit smoother and faster through the night. There were a few spins and wrecks and I managed to get around them all. I have a long way to go, but pleased with a casualty free start. Bonus: I wasn't last in the 2nd heat!

Offline justfreaky

• Global Moderator
« Reply #61 on: May 27, 2010, 09:28:21 pm »
Chris,

Sounds like a good first night of racing.
Any time you can roll the car back on the trailer with no damage is a good night. ;)
I hope you get in a full race next week.
Best Of Luck!

Steve
Better to be hated for who you are, Than to be loved for who you are not.

Offline VMS Motorsports

• Global Moderator
    • VMSmotorsports.com
« Reply #62 on: May 30, 2010, 11:47:25 am »
Just wanted to say congratulations to Joey and DJ for their  close 1-2 finish last night. It was a drag race to the line, and Joey took the checkers for his first A main win. Great job guys!
JIM BUCHER
VMS Motorsports
Worldwide Legends Parts Supplier
(262)255-7100
http://www.vmsmotorsports.com/

Gimpster

« Reply #63 on: May 30, 2010, 04:13:59 pm »
 'Tip of the hat' to those doing well.
I been too busy at my shop during the day to finish my Legend.
Burned out by nightfall, lol

~ Gimpster ~

Offline djracing

• Global Moderator
    • DJ Ross Racing
« Reply #64 on: May 30, 2010, 04:47:41 pm »
Thanks Jim. I ended up 4th in my heat race on a dusty race track. I ran 4th for most of the A main until the last caution when the 2nd place car took out the leader. Restarted 2nd with two laps to go and was able to get a tire on Joey coming off turn 4 but he beat me to the line. First top 5 finish in a A-main too!! It was a good night for me.

Offline joeracer22

« Reply #65 on: May 30, 2010, 07:18:46 pm »
Won my heat race last night at beaver dam raceway and also won the feature too. Great run by Dj coming home a close second. It was my first feature win at beaver dam and also my first clean sweep!

Offline justfreaky

• Global Moderator
« Reply #66 on: May 30, 2010, 08:02:58 pm »
Ethan messaged me after the races. CONGRATULATIONS To Both Joe and DJ!!!
GREAT JOB GUYS!

Steve

Gimpster

« Reply #67 on: May 30, 2010, 09:52:59 pm »
 Just in : the second car out of my shop, running my set-up and a HSR 1200, the #77 driven by Dave Aberle won a heat race in Glyndon MN. Racing for 2nd in the feature with a car low and one high, the low car drifted up towards Dave. Dave avoided being pinched and lifted (smart driving for saving the car) and settled for 4th... Good show Dave !!
Thanks for the top 5 buddy...

~ Gimpster ~

Offline justfreaky

• Global Moderator
« Reply #68 on: May 30, 2010, 09:57:09 pm »
Gimpster,

How's your girl doing?
Haven't heard any updates.

Steve

Gimpster

« Reply #69 on: May 30, 2010, 10:46:33 pm »
 The chassis did the same thing friday night. Something in the chassis was making it get super loose on exit. She has the same set-up as mine and Dave's car have. We dumped a 135 spring from the right rear as it was falling off on the scales when we went to adjust cross. Or should I say flattening out to totally unadjustable. That was a hypercoil and I felt it went south as it was an old spring. We installed a 150 Afco off her mini sprint and leaned it in on the top to drop the rate some. Afco guarantees the shocks to stay within 5% forever... I think it is a bad spring from age though. The car was better for her friday night but not perfect (fine tuning). 2 cars got together and took her out. Both ends of the car. I have no time to rebuild her car in my shop right now so Scott took it over to Brockhouse today and was back to Jamestown ND a few minutes ago when I called him. Brockhouse is in Minneapolis. He said the car needs a front clip anyway. To keep Andee in the points, Dave will be out of town this week so I believe we will staple a seat for Andee in his car so she can keep her points up. Biggest drawback is lack of our dealer here. He has taken over the Fargo track for Donny Shatz's dad. Our local parts support is in shambles. Best call was to take it to Tim so he can meke the car right and we will pick up from there when it gets back here.... Scott wants me to take Dave's car to the 1/4 mile track at Wishek on thursday and shake down my set-up updates where I told him Andee can shake down Dave's car and I take out mine and do the same.... We will see. Looking like I will take the money set aside to bring in Hank's Late models here nad put in a full Legends parts inventory for now

LOL, it never ends...

~ Gimpster ~ 

Offline justfreaky

• Global Moderator
« Reply #70 on: May 30, 2010, 11:05:45 pm »
Sad to hear that Andee got caught up in the mess. I hope she is able to use another car til she can get hers repaired.
Keep us updated.

Steve

Offline justfreaky

• Global Moderator
« Reply #71 on: May 31, 2010, 09:01:16 am »
A Happy Memorial Day To Everyone!

Some pretty exciting, and scary, reports so far from the weekend.
Jeff rolled his car. Good news is that he is OK.
Ethan did pretty good (8th). Had a fast car and was looking at a top 5 finish.
 DJ finished 2nd! That race sounds like it was pretty exciting. Hmmm... Someone finished 1st... Wonder who that was?
Tristan took his Bando to Indy; 13th and 9th.
I hope everyone will post there triumphs and heartaches from the weekend.

Remember those that are no longer with us; And Thank A Vet for all that they have done to keep this country great!!!
God Bless.

Steve

Gimpster

« Reply #72 on: May 31, 2010, 12:23:28 pm »
 Thanks
Have a good Memorial day

Note... in my above post, I meant afco spring, not shock. Tongue got in front of my eye tooth and I couldn't see what I was typing !

~ G ~

Offline justfreaky

• Global Moderator
« Reply #73 on: May 31, 2010, 12:31:41 pm »
LOL!!!
For years I thought I just had an oversize tongue.
So you only have one tooth also?  ;D :D :D :D

Steve

Gimpster

« Reply #74 on: May 31, 2010, 02:33:47 pm »
 LMAO... I don't have any teeth !!
Knocked all them out in a competitive event back in the early 90's. Ruined a perfectly good Simpson helmet too.
Artificial lenses in my eyes too from operations re-attatching my retna after violent flips leaving the ole brain trying to leave through the eye sockets.
haha, my poor typing prolly extends from too many blows to the noggin or not wearing my bifocals.

Aye.. I added a lil story in the '... race another day' thread  on my board. The short version of what happened. Can't remember for sure  but I believe I finished 7th in Inex Pro Dirt that year as result. I'll ask Wanda... think it was the 2005 season

~ Gimpster ~