Author Topic: What do you have planned for 2010?  (Read 16961 times)

Offline NJRacer510

• Team 510 Racing
What do you have planned for 2010?
« on: November 18, 2009, 10:23:41 am »
So what does everyone have planned for the 2010 season? Anyone trying anything new? Changing tracks, tours, divisions, dirt/asphalt or whatever else is new?

TODD McCOLLUM #m1
www.TEAM510RACING.com

Offline JGRacing

Re: What do you have planned for 2010?
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2009, 11:21:57 am »
First on the to do list is to get a new engine.  As far as racing, I am hoping to spread my races a little more evenly between dirt and pavement next season.  One reason I moved to this class was to race at different tracks on different surfaces, so hope to be able to do that.  Also, hopefully I will be able to get in more than 5 races before parts start flying through the side of the engine again.  Keeping my fingers crossed that we get some races closer than 3+ hours of St. Louis.     

Offline jgrimracing

« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2009, 03:36:08 pm »
Justin bought a dirt modified chassis and body.  We will be working on getting that together,  not sure what he will be racing with it (sportsman or 358) or when yet.  He would like to run it some next season.  Still planning on a Legends schedule on dirt tracks and at least some pavement racing at this time.  Waiting on the schedules to come out so we can get a better idea.

Offline IraceLegends77

« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2009, 04:47:13 pm »
Will be trying to get a track in Delaware to run us. They seem interested but I have to be able to stay home for more than a week to get anything done on it. Every time I'm home for a week I can't get caught up on the honey do list before I'm gone again. I will get something in place before Christmas though.

Scott
Scott Wilkerson #77   Vision Graphix Racing

Offline VMS Motorsports

• Global Moderator
    • VMSmotorsports.com
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2009, 05:24:51 pm »
Running 2 cars full time on the dirt. Hope to do some more traveling this year
JIM BUCHER
VMS Motorsports
Worldwide Legends Parts Supplier
(262)255-7100
http://www.vmsmotorsports.com/

Offline NJRacer510

• Team 510 Racing
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2009, 06:02:12 pm »
Scott,

Let us know through email or phone what is planned for the track in Delaware because our plans right now are to run the Klascar Tour and then other tracks but trying to stay away from certain places.

VMS, what tracks run dirt by you and where are they located?

TODD McCOLLUM #m1
www.TEAM510RACING.com

Offline VMS Motorsports

• Global Moderator
    • VMSmotorsports.com
« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2009, 06:28:53 pm »
So far in Wisconsin we are scheduled the full season at Charter Raceway in Beaver Dam http://wismotorsports.net/
and 5 shows at the Speedzone in OshKosh http://www.oshkoshspeedzone.net/
Working on a couple other shows in Manitowoc http://www.ewscracing.net/
and the newly unpaved 141 Speedway http://www.141speedway.com/

And I'm hoping I can spend a week racing with the Dakota Guys
JIM BUCHER
VMS Motorsports
(262)255-7100

Offline Vern Houseman

« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2009, 08:14:33 pm »
Todd did you see the partial schedual central pa has cooked up ? wow it sucks Im glade im not running all of them they did add a new track. central pa speedway.and only 2 lincolns so fare whats up with that ???
Vernon Houseman #20

Offline VMS Motorsports

• Global Moderator
    • VMSmotorsports.com
« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2009, 09:58:50 pm »
We're down alot of shows this year too. 20 scheduled as of right now, had  31 scheduled last year with 6 rain-outs...I'll have to come play with some of you guys this summer
JIM BUCHER
VMS Motorsports
(262)255-7100

Offline Vern Houseman

« Reply #9 on: December 15, 2009, 05:51:15 am »
lol we arnt down any races I think there are 22 races so fare, what I ment was this is what they have locked down so fare I think central pa had a total of around 37 last year minus the rain out which I this where 13 rain outs.still waitting for pual w to post his race for klascar devision too.
Vernon Houseman #20

Offline IraceLegends77

« Reply #10 on: December 15, 2009, 08:36:51 am »
I had a long talk with the Middleford Speedway promoter and he is looking for a head count of how many cars we can bring. He asks if once a month would be good and I though it would be the right amount for now. Now that Central PA Legends has something out, I will try and find some dates to get us in there. I still need to know how many think that they can make it down once a month. Vern if you know anyone that is not on this list and would be interested in running please let me know.
On a side note I didn’t see Susky on the list for 2010. Is that because of the stuff that happened to Todd? It does suck that there are only two dates at Lincoln. I’m am glad to see more dates at Trail-ways this year though. Hope everyone has a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year. Now get out to the shop and get ready for 2010…………LOL

Scott

Offline JGRacing

« Reply #11 on: December 15, 2009, 11:42:29 am »
If anyone wants to make a road trip, Springfield, MO will be running legends again as a weekly class.  It is a 1/4 mile dirt track. 

Offline Vern Houseman

« Reply #12 on: December 15, 2009, 12:18:07 pm »
im in for middleford as long as its not a conflict with klascar races, the whole schedual isnt out yet for central pa tour.its dose suck about lincoln ,I do want to travel a few times this summer maybe we can hook up ? who knows .still have alot work on my car ,motor is out, painting my body and havent decided if I want a new frame yet or not ?  or fix the the old one ? .you know how that goes it will be time to  race before you know it. I really dont care for trailways maybe if I still have my second car ill run it there ,my cars always get trashed there. vern
Vernon Houseman #20

Offline NJRacer510

• Team 510 Racing
« Reply #13 on: December 17, 2009, 07:40:33 am »
Vern & Scott,

We are planning to run Paul's Klascar Tour again and then race @  Trailway on Saturday nights. Sometimes Friday nights are hard for us to make it to Path Valley we have to leave about 1 pm or so. I think right now its going to be Klascar, Trailway, & Lincoln for us. Depending on how the schedule works out, we may fit a couple more races in at Path Valley or SSP. We are also looking to run a few asphalt shows when we start to take Paul's son Alex to Bethel Speedway with a Bandolero. Another thing to look out for is the promoter of Bethel is involved with Afton and Accord Speedway so there may be Legends races there in the future as well which are two great dirt tracks.

Scott, depending on when the dates are for the track that your working with we may be able to make it but I can't give you a definite yes as of right now. From what I have heard, is Todd @ SSP was pretty positive they were going to run Legends without Central Pa. Each time we went to SSP last year some b/s happened so thats why we mostly stayed away but that was last year. Its behind us now so hopefully things with change come the 2010 season.

One track I will miss if there are no races there is Grandview Speedway, that track is a great track and running in front of such a huge crowd is amazing on its own. I know that our team has been discussing the 2010 schedule so we are hoping to have lots of races where we are all there at the same time. We are also discussing the posibilities of going back to East Lincoln and the couple dates on the Michigan legends Tour.
TODD McCOLLUM #m1
www.TEAM510RACING.com

Offline IraceLegends77

« Reply #14 on: December 17, 2009, 09:00:22 am »
Todd,

I know what you mean about the long pulls. I have to pull about 2 hours one way to the closest track that PA has. I can’t figure out why people don’t like Trailways. It is the perfect size track for Legends and it is cheap to get in and they pay on the spot. Maybe I’m missing something. Has KLASCAR put his schedule out yet? I don’t want to try and run against any other track but that maybe impossible. I have three or four cars now committed to running on a monthly basis. I think that some locals from the area will be quick to jump on board once they see the cars and the cost to run verse a 600 sprint or mod-lite. I might try and get him to run on Saturdays for a couple of races if I can. It is still a work in progress but I will keep everyone posted. Hope everyone gets something good from Santa.

Scott