Author Topic: What do you have planned for 2010?  (Read 16913 times)

Offline Vern Houseman

Re: What do you have planned for 2010?
« Reply #15 on: December 17, 2009, 10:08:54 am »
Let me know if I can help scott, paul just sent me some dates his races are on fri nites I will try to forward to you. I just forwarded you what paul sent me ,let me know you recieved it ? Vern
Vernon Houseman #20

Offline NJRacer510

• Team 510 Racing
« Reply #16 on: December 17, 2009, 10:21:09 am »
Scott,

I think Trailway is a good size track for legends cars but  it is a tricky track to get a handle on. Some of the reasons I heard about not liking the track I could understand, because there are certain tracks I dislike as well. Klascar does not have a schedule up as of yet but if it is the same as last year it will be all Friday nights. If you could get the track to have shows on Saturday nights that will be a positive for my brother and I. We traveled a bit last year and we may again this year but if we could get enough racing locally then we may not go so far.

We probably live in the worst location for traveling to tracks, the closest track to us is Wall Stadium @ 45 minutes. Bridgeport Speedway is the only other NJ track and thats about 1:30 from us without traffic. Grandview is 1 1/2 hours, Trailway is  about 3 hours, SSP is about 2 1/2  hours, Linda's is 2 hours, Path Valley is about 3 1/2. Lincoln is about 2 1/2 hours and forget Central PA Speedway that is like 5 hours from us and we are not going there for one race.

Traveling doesnt bother us, we actually enjoy it but it has to be worth the drive, last year we did multiple weekends where we raced Friday night with Klascar then drove to NC or MI to race on Saturday. The biggest killer last year was we drove to Ohio to get fogged out then drove to North Michigan and got rained out the next night.

But all and all if you could get Saturday night shows we would have a better chance of getting there. Plus I know of a few people that it would better for them as well if it was on Saturday nights. Could you talk to the track and tell them that Saturday may possibly be a better night to draw a bigger feild? What are they looking to pay for purse? Is it similar to Klascar? I do hope it is not lower than that because I think as a division we need to try getting  the purse higher.
TODD McCOLLUM #m1
www.TEAM510RACING.com

Offline MMLegends28

« Reply #17 on: December 29, 2009, 01:10:53 pm »
Hey Scott it's brent from central pa... I'd for sure be interested in running the races in Deleware.  I'm live in Maryland and that'd be fairly close to me... are you talking to Don about possibly adding it to his schedule or would it be run on it's own.  I also read on here that susky is going to run legends but not under the central pa banner..whats up with that???? hope everyone had a good holiday.

Brent M.

Offline Vern Houseman

« Reply #18 on: December 29, 2009, 03:10:25 pm »
Brent, its kinda a little hike for use. Dusty use to run his micro there and I think its about  112 miles maybe a little more or less. But its a great track for sure.
Vernon Houseman #20

Offline MMLegends28

« Reply #19 on: December 29, 2009, 04:50:02 pm »
Just google mapped it, about 2 hours 20 minutes (so 2 hours for me LOL, I can haul buggy in my small trailer)...like a trip to path really.  Track looks like a nice size for legends. 

This is the track right?
http://www.middleford-speedway.com/index.html

Offline IraceLegends77

« Reply #20 on: December 30, 2009, 08:36:31 am »
Yes that is the right track info. It is a little bit of tow but that is what every track is for me when I race in PA. I tow 2 hrs. + to most of the tracks on the PA tour except maybe Trail-ways. I really don’t know what the deal is with Susky and Central PA.  I know that Todd likes to do things his own way which is why I really don’t like going there anymore. That is all I’m going to say about that. I’m a little concerned about what is going to happen with Central PA thing with Ralph going away. I know that another sponsor is in the works. I really didn’t plan on adding this track to Central PA tour but maybe I should.  We only talked about running once a month so that should be do-able for most folks. Have a happy New Year and it is time to start getting out to the garage and getting ready.

Scott
Scott Wilkerson #77   Vision Graphix Racing

Offline bback58

« Reply #21 on: December 31, 2009, 10:59:05 pm »
What do I have planned for 2010?  I hate to say it, but my plans are to be a spectator.  I sold my car and trailer today to free up my summer weekends to do some other things, mostly have the chance to take my Mustang convertible for some road trips.  I bought it last spring and only had it on the road once last summer. 

I'm not really sure I am doing the right thing because I have so much fun racing, but I decided it is time to move on to some other things.  I've met a lot of great guys in my 4 years of racing, some of them on this site, and I hope to keep in touch with them in the future too.

Happy New Year to you all.

Brian B
Brian B

Offline ethan54

« Reply #22 on: January 03, 2010, 01:19:33 am »
For 2010 i plan on racing the full WI Legends Dirt Series schedule..
Ethan Ross
Ross Brothers Racing #54

Offline IraceLegends77

« Reply #23 on: January 03, 2010, 10:37:19 pm »
Brian hate to see you get out of racing. I know that you loved it and it was fun getting to run against you at Nationals a couple of years ago. Hope you have fun with your new toys and hope you will come back one day. Take care.

Scott

Offline rickmiller48

« Reply #24 on: January 05, 2010, 09:18:43 pm »
I plan to run the full Central PA tour and maybe some Klascar but would definately be willing to run Delaware (it would probably be as close as Central PA Speedway (3.5 hours for me) if you give us a heads up on here and it doesn't clash with one of our races, but if we end up with any Grandview races I would rather go to Delaware (I just don't like Grandview).  I don't know how you would go about it but if there was a regional race there it would probably help the car count.  Also I believe the Susky races will be Central PA races, my wife fully expects Don to get her the dates anytime.  The schedule as posted is just everything he has given her and is by no means final and I think the total races will be about what they were in 09.  Also, is Klascar just running Linda's and Bridgeport or are there other tracks this year?

Offline VMS Motorsports

• Global Moderator
    • VMSmotorsports.com
« Reply #25 on: January 06, 2010, 12:11:53 pm »
My son asked me yesterday why we never ate the cereal out of our Brian Backes cereal box...guess we can take it down from its place of honor now  :'(
JIM BUCHER
VMS Motorsports
Worldwide Legends Parts Supplier
(262)255-7100
http://www.vmsmotorsports.com/

Offline rickmiller48

« Reply #26 on: January 06, 2010, 01:28:17 pm »
In reply to the questions about Susky races- I just got an E-mail from Todd that shows us running 10 races this year which is a bit less than last year but we have more Path Valleys and Trailway's. 

Offline bback58

« Reply #27 on: January 06, 2010, 04:13:55 pm »
Hey Jim,

I've been told the cereal is good.  I'm not a fan of corn flakes so I haven't tried them, but I might have to start as I have several boxes left from last year.  I guess I should have handed out a few more during the year.
Brian B

Offline IraceLegends77

« Reply #28 on: January 06, 2010, 05:30:38 pm »
Hey Rick I posted them under "Race & Track Announcements"

Scott

Offline JGRacing

« Reply #29 on: January 07, 2010, 01:42:40 pm »
My immediate goal is to keep from getting frost bite.  I love Canada, but can you take your weather back.