Author Topic: G-force SRS1  (Read 21398 times)

Offline JGRacing

G-force SRS1
« on: January 05, 2009, 03:28:12 pm »
Does anyone use one of the G-force SRS1 head restaints?  I am thinking about getting one and wanted to get some opinions.

Offline RickyBobby

• JM Motorsports
Re: G-force SRS1
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2009, 03:36:43 pm »
I had one last seaon.  It worked well for the price.  There was a guy on racing junk.com selling them for $150 so the price was right.  I am upgrading this year to a hans or hans like device.  I did have one accident and the G-Force device certainly worked.  It was a guy who spun coming out of turn 4 and still had his foot on the brake stopped sitting there.  I had a car outside me and one inside me.  They split and I had no where to go.  Hit pretty hard but the device worked.

Offline tch38

« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2009, 03:49:40 pm »
I use it and love it for the price. Hit the wall hard noting hurt afterward.
Unlike most sports racing takes two balls!!!

Offline DARK AGE 53

« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2009, 04:07:13 pm »
My son went with the Hans Device, much more money but he feels it's worth it ( I agree ). Last season I also added the Butler Head Supports, I bought ours from a local speed shop and paid under $70 for both sides.....well worth getting  IMO.

Later,
Al
POW/MIA - YOU ARE LOST BUT NOT FORGOTTEN IN SOUTHEAST ASIA

Offline thunder938

« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2009, 04:12:44 pm »
I use one and love it.  The G force allows you to turn you head more than the others out there. It will not let your head go forward or chin down.  I went from 80ish to stopped in about 15 feet, with the help from the rear bumper of another car and had no neck pain.
Dave

Offline JGRacing

« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2009, 04:30:10 pm »
Thanks.  They sound good, but was not sure how well they actually worked.  My old helmet is a snell 95 that is not legal this year, so I will probably go with the G-force helmet and their head restraint. 

Offline JGRacing

« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2009, 07:57:12 pm »
You won't believe this.  I just got my SRS and new G-Force Side Draft helmet and the restraint will not work with it (cable the attaches the the helmet is too short).  On the newest model, they put mounts for a Hans, but not for the SRS.  I'm pretty ticked.  Did not want to have to get a hutchens with it's 100 yards of webbing wrapped around your body, and do not have the budget for a Hans.  The availability of the SRS is one main reason I got a G-Force helmet.  Talked to the people at Summit Racing and they did not even have anything from G-Force saying it would not work with the new helmets.   

Offline Racinjj

• Steenbergen Motorsports
« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2009, 07:23:36 am »
I would call G-Force about it, they should be able to help you out.
www.JeffSteenbergen.com

Racecar spelled backwards is racecar. Racecar upside down is expensive.

Offline justfreaky

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2009, 07:30:13 am »
I gotta agree with Jeff on that. Contact G-Force directly.

http://www.gforce.com/faq.php
Better to be hated for who you are, Than to be loved for who you are not.

Offline VMS Motorsports

• Global Moderator
    • VMSmotorsports.com
« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2009, 10:43:58 am »
I was hoping I still had the contact info to the GSM there, but I must have thrown it away when they said i had to place a minimum stock order of 3 Trillion dollars to be a dealer...sorry
JIM BUCHER
VMS Motorsports
Worldwide Legends Parts Supplier
(262)255-7100
http://www.vmsmotorsports.com/

Offline JGRacing

« Reply #10 on: January 09, 2009, 10:54:14 am »
Just talked to them and the SRS was designed for the previous generation of helmet.  No conversion is available for the new "Hans friendly" helmet.  If they feel so strongly about the SRS being a good product, I would think that the new helmets would work with it. 

OK.  Any thoughts on the standard Hutchens device?  I do not have the budget for a Hans or R3 this season (or a seat that would work with them).   

Offline RickyBobby

• JM Motorsports
« Reply #11 on: January 09, 2009, 10:56:24 am »
There is also the new Dfender device which is $100 cheaper then the Hans.  I am planning on picking this one up.  I comes with everything you need even the helmet anchors and a carrying case.

http://www.defnder.com/index.htm

Offline JGRacing

« Reply #12 on: January 09, 2009, 10:58:27 am »
Can you double check the link for the Dfender site? 

Offline RickyBobby

• JM Motorsports
« Reply #13 on: January 09, 2009, 11:10:03 am »
It is the right link...I am not sure why it is not working right now...

Offline ethan54

« Reply #14 on: January 09, 2009, 11:20:25 am »
I was checking out the Dfenders too. I guess there is a law suit between them and hans right now regarding some patents. Hans filed it a day before the Dfenders were going publically up for sale.

http://www.marketwatch.com/news/story/HANS-Files-Patent-Infringement-Suit/story.aspx?guid=%7B1C30A4E2-866B-466A-8754-DC2FB999C51B%7D
Ethan Ross
Ross Brothers Racing #54