Author Topic: Mrs. Santa Claus  (Read 16083 times)

Offline knuclebuster

Mrs. Santa Claus
« on: December 16, 2008, 08:06:53 pm »
 Mrs. Santa Claus is asking what her "man" needs for Christmas.  Without getting down in the gutter on this fine forum, I need some clarifications to help me "give" her what she needs.  Now i know where we all want this to go, but its not!  Most of you guys may know that Im starting from the ground up this year.  I have nothing........but a new car, alot of desire to have fun and the humblness to be able to ask alot of questions.  Now, the wife has her own job and keeps alot of her funds to herself and the daughter, but she is asking, so I'm wanting to give her more than enough options.  Can you imagine......"what do you need?"

Since she doesnt need to know what true costs are associated with racecar componets, I figure I'll let her get me some clothing needs.  If you guys have been reading my posts you know that safety, at this point, is all im interested in.  I have to buy shoes, gloves, helment and suit, ect. ect. ect..   I have been reading up on different types and ratings.  Now, its not like she can afford the absolute best in everything.  So, with that being said, tell me about the different ratings, value for the dollar spent and brands.  I dont like fire, except in my fireplace, spending the evening with Mrs. Santa Claus asking me what I want for Christmas :).  I'll take care of the obvious, you guys help me with the rest, soon. 

KB

Offline VMS Motorsports

• Global Moderator
    • VMSmotorsports.com
Re: Mrs. Santa Claus
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2008, 08:15:31 pm »
You can always find good stuff at www.saferacer.com. I would always go with a 2 layer suit, go to their clearance tab and there are always some great deals. I think my entire suit /gloves /helmet /shoes was under $800, and all good stuff, just last years model or colors
JIM BUCHER
VMS Motorsports
Worldwide Legends Parts Supplier
(262)255-7100
http://www.vmsmotorsports.com/

Online justfreaky

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2008, 10:25:10 pm »
You might try Speedway Motors    http://www.speedwaymotors.com/safety-equipment.html?category|category_root|192=Safety

I bought most of my gear on eBay. Speedway Motors, Jegs, and some of the others sell there.
I already PM'd you about what I have for clothing.

Happy Holidays!

Steve
Better to be hated for who you are, Than to be loved for who you are not.

Offline knuclebuster

« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2008, 08:15:09 am »
Thanks Jim and Steve, I'll check out those websites to see what I can find.

KB

Offline VMS Motorsports

• Global Moderator
    • VMSmotorsports.com
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2008, 10:20:41 am »
Just remember...Steve buys used underwear!    ;D
JIM BUCHER
VMS Motorsports
Worldwide Legends Parts Supplier
(262)255-7100
http://www.vmsmotorsports.com/

Offline JGRacing

« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2008, 10:21:57 am »
Racer Wholesale has a closeout section and I have had pretty good luck ordering from them in the past.

http://www.racerwholesale.com/

FFmedic

« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2008, 12:25:25 pm »
I bought my suit (3layer), gloves (2layer),shoes from saferacer.com.  Excelent prices and they are there to help.  The suit I ordered came apart, and they replaced it no questions asked.  I wish I would have bought my helment from them, but I had to buy a little bit from the local guy.  All of my stuff is G-Force.  I feel that its your best bang for the buck.

Just my 2cents.

Joe

ND Legends #93

Online justfreaky

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2008, 09:10:37 pm »
Everyone will be happy to know that I bought new Simpson undies this year.  :o

Steve  ;D

Offline IraceLegends77

« Reply #8 on: December 18, 2008, 08:17:38 am »
Steve,

NEW ?

HaHaHa

Scott
Scott Wilkerson #77   Vision Graphix Racing

Offline RickyBobby

• JM Motorsports
« Reply #9 on: December 18, 2008, 10:48:13 am »
I would think by buying all of those parts used Steve has about $20k into his car by now :-)

Online justfreaky

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10 on: December 18, 2008, 12:57:50 pm »
Topic is racing gear  :)

Offline RickyBobby

• JM Motorsports
« Reply #11 on: December 18, 2008, 02:24:29 pm »
Ok Steve (scrooge).  I just got a new Impact Helmet and Suit.  I wish saferacer.com carried it.  he is a good guy and good deals.

Offline Racinjj

• Steenbergen Motorsports
« Reply #12 on: December 19, 2008, 09:35:34 am »
Make sure when you get your suit that it has the expandable lower back and shoulder areas.  My first didnt have it and it makes a world of difference as far as comfort in the car.  this is what I have, looks good and the best bang for your buck.  Going on season three this year and still looks great, even after getting it dirty this year.

http://www.impactraceproducts.com/item.wws?sku=24200510
www.JeffSteenbergen.com

Racecar spelled backwards is racecar. Racecar upside down is expensive.

Offline RickyBobby

• JM Motorsports
« Reply #13 on: December 19, 2008, 09:51:53 am »
That is the one I got and it has the expandable back section and shoulders.  I also got the champ helmet, man it looks mean :-)

Happy shopping everyone and I hope Mrs Claus brings you lots of goodies for your race season

Offline knuclebuster

« Reply #14 on: December 19, 2008, 10:50:24 am »
Thanks to all!  Im reading everything you guys post and researching.  Mrs. Santa did not know what she was getting herself into, asking about racing stuff.  I dont believe you can ever get everything.  Thanks again for your posts.

KB

anything