Author Topic: Oil Temperatues  (Read 17160 times)

Offline jgrimracing

Re: Oil Temperatues
« Reply #15 on: January 30, 2009, 02:47:07 am »
Maybe a missmatched sensor and guage?  We were seeing 320 to 335 on a sensor mounted in line on the line coming from the engine to a remote filter.  We may have had a clutch slipping issue on that engine.  We fixxed the problem though, we took the gauge out now.

Offline bback58

« Reply #16 on: January 30, 2009, 07:04:02 am »
Is that the Legends equivalent to turning up the radio in your car to drown out a noise the car is making?  LOL!!   ;D
Brian B

Offline mch46

« Reply #17 on: January 30, 2009, 10:38:24 pm »
Guage tops out at 280.  We race in NC, been at Winter Heat, on ovals and roadcourses at Lowes, and Rockingham roadcourse.  It 's been cold (22-50 degs) somedays, but even last summer when we were just starting practicing, temps never got over 200.  I'm not disputing anyone's data, in fact, I'm disputing my own info -- that's why I'm asking these questions.  We even turned the fan off in December, trying to get more heat in the engine, but still didn't get over 160-170 in 15 lap race.   ??????????

Offline jgrimracing

« Reply #18 on: January 30, 2009, 11:38:52 pm »
Yes, it is like turning the radio up real loud like one of those young kids you hear "booming" down the road.  I figure if the lines are not melting off things are ok....

Offline jgrimracing

« Reply #19 on: January 30, 2009, 11:44:23 pm »
Guage tops out at 280.  We race in NC, been at Winter Heat, on ovals and roadcourses at Lowes, and Rockingham roadcourse.  It 's been cold (22-50 degs) somedays, but even last summer when we were just starting practicing, temps never got over 200.  I'm not disputing anyone's data, in fact, I'm disputing my own info -- that's why I'm asking these questions.  We even turned the fan off in December, trying to get more heat in the engine, but still didn't get over 160-170 in 15 lap race.   ??????????

You say you have a 3 pass cooler, not sure if that would drop them that much.  But we raced with a guy who ran 2 Fluidyne coolers back to back without a fan.  He swore he never saw more then 220.  Maybe your cooling is working that good???  Maybe you could test the sensor with a heat gun or something make sure the gauge goes higher, or check the cooler temp with a infared gun.

Offline rob

• J & R Motorsports
« Reply #20 on: January 31, 2009, 10:13:36 am »
We also ran winter heat. On coldest day temps were at about 200-210.
Last weekend which was warmer and sunny the temps got up to 240 after the main.
thats reading temps from the pan.
Rob